Dynamic Gold or Precision Rifles?

Dynamic Gold or Precision Rifles?

Post by SurLy » Sat, 10 May 2003 10:39:07


I have a quick question for all of you that love your shafts!  Which
of these two shafts produce the best feel, trajectory,  and precision?
I greatly value your opinions.  Thanks!

Any other interesting facts or comments regarding these two shafts are
also appreciated.

 
 
 

Dynamic Gold or Precision Rifles?

Post by RJ » Sat, 10 May 2003 10:08:33

I have tried both the Rifle 5.5 in the regular and tour flighted design,
and I prefer the S300. The tour flighted played a slightly lower
trajectory, but it was more a matter of feeling and timing the kick of the
shaft at impact. In that regard, the S300 will sync up alot better with my
short and moderate to quick tempo swing.

Could be I would have been better suited to the rifles in a 6.0 or higher,
or could be I have become used to the S300 having played them for many
years in various irons.

Good luck with your shaft project.

RJ
...

Quote:

> I have a quick question for all of you that love your shafts!  Which
> of these two shafts produce the best feel, trajectory,  and precision?
> I greatly value your opinions.  Thanks!

> Any other interesting facts or comments regarding these two shafts are
> also appreciated.


 
 
 

Dynamic Gold or Precision Rifles?

Post by Mike Daleck » Sat, 10 May 2003 11:30:38

Quote:

> I have a quick question for all of you that love your shafts!  Which
> of these two shafts produce the best feel, trajectory,  and precision?
> I greatly value your opinions.  Thanks!

> Any other interesting facts or comments regarding these two shafts are
> also appreciated.

When I was doing some comparison testing last year prior to making my
current set of irons, I played off the Dynamic Golds versus the Rifles.
I found that both tended to perform about the same with regard to
distance, but for me the Rifle produced a little lower trajectory.
However, I didn't like the feel of the Rifle as much as that of the DG.
Felt a little harsh to me (5.5 vs. S300).

In the end, I went with the DG S300 shaft, and haven't had any reason to
regret it.

Mike
--
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Dalecki     GCA Accredited Clubmaker      http://clubdoctor.com
RSG-Wisconsin 2003 Information:  http://dalecki.net/rsgwis2003
RSG Roll Call:  http://rec-sport-golf.com/members/?rollcall=daleckim
I do not patronize spammers.  Help keep RSG clean!  
--------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Dynamic Gold or Precision Rifles?

Post by John Livengoo » Sun, 11 May 2003 03:31:17



Quote:
> I have a quick question for all of you that love your shafts!  Which
> of these two shafts produce the best feel, trajectory,  and precision?
> I greatly value your opinions.  Thanks!

> Any other interesting facts or comments regarding these two shafts are
> also appreciated.

I like the Rifles (6.0). But that doesn't really matter, as it's important
to pick what feels right to YOU! ;-)

JL

 
 
 

Dynamic Gold or Precision Rifles?

Post by Rick » Sun, 11 May 2003 06:18:50

Consistancy throughout the set my be a little better with the rifles.  They
are frequency matched while the dg's are sorted by weight.

Rick


Quote:
> I have a quick question for all of you that love your shafts!  Which
> of these two shafts produce the best feel, trajectory,  and precision?
> I greatly value your opinions.  Thanks!

> Any other interesting facts or comments regarding these two shafts are
> also appreciated.

 
 
 

Dynamic Gold or Precision Rifles?

Post by Jeffrey A. Setar » Sun, 11 May 2003 07:18:20



Quote:

>> I have a quick question for all of you that love your shafts!  Which
>> of these two shafts produce the best feel, trajectory,  and precision?
>> I greatly value your opinions.  Thanks!

>> Any other interesting facts or comments regarding these two shafts are
>> also appreciated.

>When I was doing some comparison testing last year prior to making my
>current set of irons, I played off the Dynamic Golds versus the Rifles.
>I found that both tended to perform about the same with regard to
>distance, but for me the Rifle produced a little lower trajectory.
>However, I didn't like the feel of the Rifle as much as that of the DG.
>Felt a little harsh to me (5.5 vs. S300).

Sounds about right... Rifles do tend to feel a little "harsh" until
you get used to them... After 3 years of using flighted rifles the DGs
feel more or less dead to me. :-)

Cheers-

Jeff Setaro

http://people.mags.net/jasetaro/
PGP Key IDs DH/DSS: 0x5D41429D RSA: 0x599D2A99 New RSA: 0xA19EBD34

 
 
 

Dynamic Gold or Precision Rifles?

Post by FROSTY1 » Mon, 12 May 2003 06:55:03

Quote:
>I like the Rifles (6.0). But that doesn't really matter, as it's important
>to pick what feels right to YOU! ;-)

Best advice. That said, The rifle is a more consistant shaft. Rifle 6.0 is
stiffer than a DGS300. If you are in between then use a lower Rifle rating. 5.5
VS 6.0

Hey none of us are getting any younger :)

 
 
 

Dynamic Gold or Precision Rifles?

Post by Wyzyg » Mon, 12 May 2003 08:18:00

Quote:

> I have tried both the Rifle 5.5 in the regular and tour flighted design,
> and I prefer the S300. The tour flighted played a slightly lower
> trajectory, but it was more a matter of feeling and timing the kick of the
> shaft at impact. In that regard, the S300 will sync up alot better with my
> short and moderate to quick tempo swing.

I am clueless on the "Tour Flighted vs the Regular" Rifles. Please
give more info regarding this. I am in the process of gathering info
to have a custom set of irons built and was not even aware of this
option. Thanks

Wyzyguy