Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by Frank Ketchu » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 07:13:56



Quote:
> Yup, that's the ticket. It's almost impossible to control guns and
> their sales and it causes a big flap with the usual crowd of dopes
> that think the "gubment" is taking their guns away. Instead, let the
> gun debate go, forget it. Instead, the back door is wide open. That
> back door is the ammo. Control it. Don't see IT without proper
> authentication (they can work this out...you know, an id card that
> says you're capable of shooting a gun with some
> responsibility...tighten it up so tight that you don't sell ammo for
> *** weapons and quit selling the high capacity clips) Make it so
> expensive that it controls itself. Tax ammo to the hilt and use the
> tax money to make schools, malls, etc safer with whatever
> means....cops in schools, whatever.
> Sure, there will be those that decide to make their own ammo. Well,
> back door is open there too.....tax, control, raise the cost of
> powder, brass the whole spectrum of what's needed to make what they
> don't want to buy. Make the taxes as severe as
> cigarettes.......another deadly device.

Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing cigarrettes
prevents smoking after all.
 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by Carbo » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 09:08:52

Quote:

> Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing
> cigarrettes prevents smoking after all.

http://goo.gl/Lvhwc

http://goo.gl/5CaLH

http://goo.gl/4xX20

 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by Horvath1.. » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 09:15:25


wrote this crap:

Quote:

>> *** weapons and quit selling the high capacity clips) Make it so
>> expensive that it controls itself. Tax ammo to the hilt and use the
>> tax money to make schools, malls, etc safer with whatever
>> means....cops in schools, whatever.
>> Sure, there will be those that decide to make their own ammo. Well,
>> back door is open there too.....tax, control, raise the cost of
>> powder, brass the whole spectrum of what's needed to make what they
>> don't want to buy. Make the taxes as severe as
>> cigarettes.......another deadly device.

>Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing cigarrettes
>prevents smoking after all.

It's the same old song from liberals, day after day, after day.

"It's Bush's fault," "Raise taxes," "Blame Bush," "Raise taxes."

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by Frank Ketchu » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 09:34:37


Quote:

>> Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing
>> cigarrettes prevents smoking after all.

> http://goo.gl/Lvhwc

> http://goo.gl/5CaLH

> http://goo.gl/4xX20

Oh, I see.  The goal is just to cut back on the schoolhouse slaughters.
Noted.
 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by bkni.. » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 09:48:04



Quote:




>>> Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing
>>> cigarrettes prevents smoking after all.

>> http://goo.gl/Lvhwc

>> http://goo.gl/5CaLH

>> http://goo.gl/4xX20

>Oh, I see.  The goal is just to cut back on the schoolhouse slaughters.
>Noted.

Taxing isn't the answer to everything Frank.  You just picked one that
has had some good results.
 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by Frank Ketchu » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 10:01:42


Quote:





>>>> Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing
>>>> cigarrettes prevents smoking after all.

>>> http://goo.gl/Lvhwc

>>> http://goo.gl/5CaLH

>>> http://goo.gl/4xX20

>>Oh, I see.  The goal is just to cut back on the schoolhouse slaughters.
>>Noted.

> Taxing isn't the answer to everything Frank.  You just picked one that
> has had some good results.

I didn't pick anything.
 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by bkni.. » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 10:37:54



Quote:








>>>>> Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing
>>>>> cigarrettes prevents smoking after all.

>>>> http://goo.gl/Lvhwc

>>>> http://goo.gl/5CaLH

>>>> http://goo.gl/4xX20

>>>Oh, I see.  The goal is just to cut back on the schoolhouse slaughters.
>>>Noted.

>> Taxing isn't the answer to everything Frank.  You just picked one that
>> has had some good results.

>I didn't pick anything.

Let me rephrase; you implied  that taxing cigarettes hasn't done well
in preventing smoking.  Better?  
Carbon shot that down.
 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by Howard Braze » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 11:08:06



Quote:
>Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing cigarrettes
>prevents smoking after all.

Smoking has gone down significantly - for various reasons.   I bet
cost is a significant reason.    And we can use the tax money.

--
Anybody who agrees with one side all of the time or disagrees with the
other side all of the time is equally guilty of letting others do
their thinking for them.

 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by golfbum1 » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 21:07:20


Quote:


> > Yup, that's the ticket. It's almost impossible to control guns and
> > their sales and it causes a big flap with the usual crowd of dopes
> > that think the "gubment" is taking their guns away. Instead, let the
> > gun debate go, forget it. Instead, the back door is wide open. That
> > back door is the ammo. Control it. Don't see IT without proper
> > authentication (they can work this out...you know, an id card that
> > says you're capable of shooting a gun with some
> > responsibility...tighten it up so tight that you don't sell ammo for
> > *** weapons and quit selling the high capacity clips) Make it so
> > expensive that it controls itself. Tax ammo to the hilt and use the
> > tax money to make schools, malls, etc safer with whatever
> > means....cops in schools, whatever.
> > Sure, there will be those that decide to make their own ammo. Well,
> > back door is open there too.....tax, control, raise the cost of
> > powder, brass the whole spectrum of what's needed to make what they
> > don't want to buy. Make the taxes as severe as
> > cigarettes.......another deadly device.

> Another brilliant liberal plan. ?We've all seen how well taxing cigarrettes
> prevents smoking after all.

...and one of your party's biggies.........capital punishment wasn't
mentioned by you? You see frankie, some people just don't get
it....check the mirror, you'll see.
 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by golfbum1 » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 21:09:18


Quote:


> >Another brilliant liberal plan. ?We've all seen how well taxing cigarrettes
> >prevents smoking after all.

> Smoking has gone down significantly - for various reasons. ? I bet
> cost is a significant reason. ? ?And we can use the tax money.

> --
> Anybody who agrees with one side all of the time or disagrees with the
> other side all of the time is equally guilty of letting others do
> their thinking for them.

NIce work Howard...you got it!
 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by golfbum1 » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 21:10:12


Quote:

> wrote this crap:

> >> *** weapons and quit selling the high capacity clips) Make it so
> >> expensive that it controls itself. Tax ammo to the hilt and use the
> >> tax money to make schools, malls, etc safer with whatever
> >> means....cops in schools, whatever.
> >> Sure, there will be those that decide to make their own ammo. Well,
> >> back door is open there too.....tax, control, raise the cost of
> >> powder, brass the whole spectrum of what's needed to make what they
> >> don't want to buy. Make the taxes as severe as
> >> cigarettes.......another deadly device.

> >Another brilliant liberal plan. ?We've all seen how well taxing cigarrettes
> >prevents smoking after all.

> It's the same old song from liberals, day after day, after day.

> "It's Bush's fault," "Raise taxes," "Blame Bush," "Raise taxes."

> This signature is now the ultimate
> power in the universe

Dopey....the rest of your Dwarf friends are calling you to go work in
the mines.
 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by Frank Ketchu » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 23:03:04


Quote:









>>>>>> Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing
>>>>>> cigarrettes prevents smoking after all.

>>>>> http://goo.gl/Lvhwc

>>>>> http://goo.gl/5CaLH

>>>>> http://goo.gl/4xX20

>>>>Oh, I see.  The goal is just to cut back on the schoolhouse slaughters.
>>>>Noted.

>>> Taxing isn't the answer to everything Frank.  You just picked one that
>>> has had some good results.

>>I didn't pick anything.

> Let me rephrase; you implied  that taxing cigarettes hasn't done well
> in preventing smoking.  Better?
> Carbon shot that down.

Not really any better.  First of all the op brought up the cigarette tax in
support of ammunition tax.  Taxing them hasn't eliminated smoking.  That is
the goal with banning guns or ammunition or whatever, right?
 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by Frank Ketchu » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 23:17:47


Quote:
> ...and one of your party's biggies.........capital punishment wasn't
> mentioned by you? You see frankie, some people just don't get
> it....check the mirror, you'll see.

Well, nutcase I am not a member of any political party.  And I am not a
supporter of the death penalty.

Any other way you'd like to get your foot in your mouth?

 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by bkni.. » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 23:21:29



Quote:












>>>>>>> Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing
>>>>>>> cigarrettes prevents smoking after all.

>>>>>> http://goo.gl/Lvhwc

>>>>>> http://goo.gl/5CaLH

>>>>>> http://goo.gl/4xX20

>>>>>Oh, I see.  The goal is just to cut back on the schoolhouse slaughters.
>>>>>Noted.

>>>> Taxing isn't the answer to everything Frank.  You just picked one that
>>>> has had some good results.

>>>I didn't pick anything.

>> Let me rephrase; you implied  that taxing cigarettes hasn't done well
>> in preventing smoking.  Better?
>> Carbon shot that down.

>Not really any better.  First of all the op brought up the cigarette tax in
>support of ammunition tax.  Taxing them hasn't eliminated smoking.  That is
>the goal with banning guns or ammunition or whatever, right?

Not your best effort Frank.  It wasn't suggested that smoking was
eliminated, but it has done well...as your question asked.

No, this isn't comparable to the gun issue.  Big diversion on your
part.   Where have you seen that there is a large contingent wanting a
total ban on weapons or ammo?  But now we've changed the subject,
which is what you probably wanted.

 
 
 

Gun Control? Forget it....just control the ammo

Post by Frank Ketchu » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 23:40:25


Quote:













>>>>>>>> Another brilliant liberal plan.  We've all seen how well taxing
>>>>>>>> cigarrettes prevents smoking after all.

>>>>>>> http://goo.gl/Lvhwc

>>>>>>> http://goo.gl/5CaLH

>>>>>>> http://goo.gl/4xX20

>>>>>>Oh, I see.  The goal is just to cut back on the schoolhouse
>>>>>>slaughters.
>>>>>>Noted.

>>>>> Taxing isn't the answer to everything Frank.  You just picked one that
>>>>> has had some good results.

>>>>I didn't pick anything.

>>> Let me rephrase; you implied  that taxing cigarettes hasn't done well
>>> in preventing smoking.  Better?
>>> Carbon shot that down.

>>Not really any better.  First of all the op brought up the cigarette tax
>>in
>>support of ammunition tax.  Taxing them hasn't eliminated smoking.  That
>>is
>>the goal with banning guns or ammunition or whatever, right?

> Not your best effort Frank.  It wasn't suggested that smoking was
> eliminated, but it has done well...as your question asked.

> No, this isn't comparable to the gun issue.  Big diversion on your
> part.   Where have you seen that there is a large contingent wanting a
> total ban on weapons or ammo?  But now we've changed the subject,
> which is what you probably wanted.

Not a diversion on my part!  Good lord. The OP used the cigarrette tax not
me.

Three strikes, you're out.  Let me translate that for you since you need
everything explained in extreme detail - I'm not wasting my time reading any
more of your responses on this branch.