Tiger's 'hang time' at the Buick

Tiger's 'hang time' at the Buick

Post by david s- » Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:18:22


   I caught a snippet on the TV news (in Oz) last night, Tiger Woods 'driving' a
par 4 to within about 10 feet of the hole. The ball seemed to hang in the air
for ever!

I was unable to 'rewind' and see it again.......is anyone here able to review it
and check the 'hang time'. I am pretty sure that 5-7 seconds is 'huge' in the
stats..........and this shot seemed to be in the air much longer than that!

Just interested!

cheers
david

 
 
 

Tiger's 'hang time' at the Buick

Post by Davi » Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:14:42


Quote:
>    I caught a snippet on the TV news (in Oz) last night, Tiger Woods
'driving' a
> par 4 to within about 10 feet of the hole. The ball seemed to hang in the
air
> for ever!

> I was unable to 'rewind' and see it again.......is anyone here able to
review it
> and check the 'hang time'. I am pretty sure that 5-7 seconds is 'huge' in
the
> stats..........and this shot seemed to be in the air much longer than
that!

> Just interested!

> cheers
> david

Should be able to work it out...how long is the hole? As we know that
Tiger's club head speed has been measured around the 125mph (I will say
reported to be), we probably will be able to calculate hang time with some
degree of accuracy - although how far did the ball travel before it landed
will be of more interest.
David

 
 
 

Tiger's 'hang time' at the Buick

Post by Doug Mai » Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:36:48

Quote:



> >    I caught a snippet on the TV news (in Oz) last night, Tiger Woods
> 'driving' a
> > par 4 to within about 10 feet of the hole. The ball seemed to hang in the
> air
> > for ever!

> > I was unable to 'rewind' and see it again.......is anyone here able to
> review it
> > and check the 'hang time'. I am pretty sure that 5-7 seconds is 'huge' in
> the
> > stats..........and this shot seemed to be in the air much longer than
> that!

> > Just interested!

> > cheers
> > david
> Should be able to work it out...how long is the hole? As we know that
> Tiger's club head speed has been measured around the 125mph (I will say
> reported to be), we probably will be able to calculate hang time with some
> degree of accuracy - although how far did the ball travel before it landed
> will be of more interest.
> David

Proably easier to rewind the tape and check the tape counter...or your watch.
(It was a 2 iron out of the rough from 265. give or take)

--
Doug Main
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

 
 
 

Tiger's 'hang time' at the Buick

Post by Dave Jone » Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:06:48

Quote:
>although how far did the ball travel before it landed will be of more
interest.
> David

tee to center of green was 322 yards and his tee shot was about 15 ft short
and left of the back center placed hole. Best I can do for ya
--
Dave Jones
RSG Roll Call http://rec-sport-golf.com/members/?rollcall=jonesd
 
 
 

Tiger's 'hang time' at the Buick

Post by david s- » Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:00:58


Quote:
> Proably easier to rewind the tape and check the tape counter...or your watch.
> (It was a 2 iron out of the rough from 265. give or take)

The shot I am talking about was a tee shot!

cheers
david