The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Post by TT » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 00:50:54


The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Madrid, 23 July - King Juan Carlos had "moving" thoughts and words today
for tennis player Rafael Nadal who had to withdraw from competing at the
London Olympic Games and being the Spanish flag carrier at the opening
ceremony. He encouraged Nadal "not to get downhearted" and to keep on
working.

"I'm extremely sorry about what's happened with Rafa Nadal," said Juan
Carlos at the audience he gave some 137 members of the Olympic team that
will compete in London.

Nadal had to decline to compete in London because of an injury to his
knee and the Olympic Committee decided on Pau Gasol as flag bearer in
his place.

The King had special thoughts for Nadal in words he spoke off-the-cuff
after making a speech at the audience held in the El Pardo palace.

"I really hope he doesn't get downhearted, we're all with him, he should
keep on working. We have much confidence in him and he has the Crown
behind him," said the King, who also made special mention of the values
the tennis player represents.

As for Gasol, who was not present as he is playing some preparatory
friendly matches with the Spanish basketball team, Don Juan Carlos sent
him his regards and assured him he would carry the Spanish flag very
well on 27th July and represent the country "with more than dignity".

http://noticias.lainformacion.com/deporte/juegos-mundiales/el-rey-pid...

 
 
 

The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Post by jdeluis » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 01:09:30


Quote:
> The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Give it up already, Elvis is dead!

 
 
 

The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Post by SliceAndDic » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 02:07:02


Quote:

> > The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

> Give it up already, Elvis is dead!

I initially thought he was referring to Fed :)

 
 
 

The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Post by RzR » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 03:14:40

it was nice of roger if he said that
 
 
 

The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Post by felange » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 03:26:45

Quote:
>it was nice of roger if he said that

;)
 
 
 

The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Post by drew » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 05:11:10


Quote:
> >it was nice of roger if he said that

> ;)

It's funny but when I read the title of the post I immediately thought
of Federer....not the King of
Spain...just because royalty is such an outmoded concept to me...I
don't consider kings and
queens as real people....just #1s as kings in a manner of speaking.
 
 
 

The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Post by Sakari Lun » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 05:12:46



Quote:

>> >it was nice of roger if he said that

>> ;)

>It's funny but when I read the title of the post I immediately thought
>of Federer....

Even when you saw who made the post?
 
 
 

The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Post by arahi » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 05:23:10


Quote:

> > >it was nice of roger if he said that

> > ;)

> It's funny but when I read the title of the post I immediately thought
> of Federer....not the King of
> Spain...just because royalty is such an outmoded concept to me...I
> don't consider kings and
> queens as real people....just #1s as kings in a manner of speaking.

How long will it take to get to an idiomatic usage such as President
of tennis:)
 
 
 

The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Post by arahi » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 05:25:18


Quote:
> The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

> Madrid, 23 July - King Juan Carlos had "moving" thoughts and words today
> for tennis player Rafael Nadal who had to withdraw from competing at the
> London Olympic Games and being the Spanish flag carrier at the opening
> ceremony. He encouraged Nadal "not to get downhearted" and to keep on
> working.

> "I'm extremely sorry about what's happened with Rafa Nadal," said Juan
> Carlos at the audience he gave some 137 members of the Olympic team that
> will compete in London.

> Nadal had to decline to compete in London because of an injury to his
> knee and the Olympic Committee decided on Pau Gasol as flag bearer in
> his place.

> The King had special thoughts for Nadal in words he spoke off-the-cuff
> after making a speech at the audience held in the El Pardo palace.

> "I really hope he doesn't get downhearted, we're all with him, he should
> keep on working. We have much confidence in him and he has the Crown
> behind him," said the King, who also made special mention of the values
> the tennis player represents.

> As for Gasol, who was not present as he is playing some preparatory
> friendly matches with the Spanish basketball team, Don Juan Carlos sent
> him his regards and assured him he would carry the Spanish flag very
> well on 27th July and represent the country "with more than dignity".

> http://noticias.lainformacion.com/deporte/juegos-mundiales/el-rey-pid...

Reminded me of Humpty Dumpty...
 
 
 

The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

Post by Superdav » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:01:21

Quote:


>> The King urges Nadal "not to get downhearted and "to keep on working"

>Give it up already, Elvis is dead!

The King ?

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

that comic strip?