Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by David Henr » Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:41:00


http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2689116

So Berlin is still active, but Hamburg (for the women) is now defunct? I
thought it was the other way around.

Dave

 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by Robert B. Walt » Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:07:37

Quote:

> http://SportToday.org/

> So Berlin is still active, but Hamburg (for the women) is now defunct? I
> thought it was the other way around.

The women's even at Hamburg was replaced by Warsaw two years
ago.

Berlin will still exist next year, but not as a Tier I.

--
Just because you have m***clarity does not mean that you have
m***authority.
        -- Thomas Friedman

 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by Stephen » Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:35:39

Graf deserves better

--
Rhythms are relations between what you believe
and what you believed before.

- DF Wallace


Quote:
> http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2689116

> So Berlin is still active, but Hamburg (for the women) is now defunct? I
> thought it was the other way around.

> Dave


 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by Eric » Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:57:19

Quote:
> Graf deserves better

She really does. Unfortunately Germany doesn't have a Grand Slam where they
can name a court after her. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the main courts at
Wimbledon with her name on it, but she is after all German, and some ***
will no doubt start mentionioning the war :-)
 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by Whispe » Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:39:53

Quote:

> Graf deserves better

Yes, maybe 1 of the FO showcourts?  She won her 1st & last slam at FO....

Sampras/Navratilova definitely should get a Wimbledon court named after
them - their records will stand forever.

 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by Pedro Dia » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:44:10


Quote:
> > Graf deserves better

> She really does. Unfortunately Germany doesn't have a Grand Slam where
they
> can name a court after her. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the main courts
at
> Wimbledon with her name on it, but she is after all German, and some ***
> will no doubt start mentionioning the war :-)

Maybe so. At this point in time I'd think they'd be more likely to mention
the Euro and European integration...
 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by Raj » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 04:59:35

Quote:


> > Graf deserves better

> Yes, maybe 1 of the FO showcourts?  She won her 1st & last slam at FO....

> Sampras/Navratilova definitely should get a Wimbledon court named after
> them - their records will stand forever.

LOL.... Wimbledon center court named after Sampras. They should
probably name Court #1 after Sampras. After all it is the graveyard
court and Sampras/Ivanisevic dugged a huge hole for tennis with their
BORING ace-oriented game.

BTW even Britishers consider the 1994 Wimbledon sleep-inducer between
the monsters Ivanisevic and Sampras as the most boring match the world
ever witnessed.

 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by David Henr » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 05:15:29



Quote:

> > > Graf deserves better

> > Yes, maybe 1 of the FO showcourts?  She won her 1st & last slam at
FO....

> > Sampras/Navratilova definitely should get a Wimbledon court named after
> > them - their records will stand forever.

> LOL.... Wimbledon center court named after Sampras. They should
> probably name Court #1 after Sampras. After all it is the graveyard
> court and Sampras/Ivanisevic dugged a huge hole for tennis with their
> BORING ace-oriented game.

> BTW even Britishers consider the 1994 Wimbledon sleep-inducer between
> the monsters Ivanisevic and Sampras as the most boring match the world
> ever witnessed.

Did they check with Whisper? I think he has 2002 listed.... ; >

Dave

 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by Sakari Lu » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 05:22:46



Quote:



>> > Graf deserves better

>> She really does. Unfortunately Germany doesn't have a Grand Slam where
>they
>> can name a court after her. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the main courts
>at
>> Wimbledon with her name on it, but she is after all German, and some ***
>> will no doubt start mentionioning the war :-)

>Maybe so. At this point in time I'd think they'd be more likely to mention
>the Euro and European integration...

But European integration hasn't gone quite that far. I don't think
Wimbledon is going to name a court after Steffi Graf just yet...
 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by David Henr » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 05:39:51


Quote:




> >> > Graf deserves better

> >> She really does. Unfortunately Germany doesn't have a Grand Slam where
> >they
> >> can name a court after her. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the main
courts
> >at
> >> Wimbledon with her name on it, but she is after all German, and some
***
> >> will no doubt start mentionioning the war :-)

> >Maybe so. At this point in time I'd think they'd be more likely to
mention
> >the Euro and European integration...

> But European integration hasn't gone quite that far. I don't think
> Wimbledon is going to name a court after Steffi Graf just yet...

If they do name courts for Sampras and Graf, it'll probably be posthumously.

Dave

 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by Raj » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 06:10:08

Quote:

> Graf deserves better

She is the greatest tennis player (male or female) ever. I guess that
title is enough.

She does not need any lame tennis stadium named after her. You can
jerk-off thinking about Seles all the time but Graf >>> Seles and Graf

Quote:
> Navratilova, Laver, Sampras, Lendl etc.

> --
> Rhythms are relations between what you believe
> and what you believed before.

> - DF Wallace



> > http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2689116

> > So Berlin is still active, but Hamburg (for the women) is now defunct? I
> > thought it was the other way around.

> > Dave

 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by David Henr » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:07:54


Quote:







> > >> > Graf deserves better

> > >> She really does. Unfortunately Germany doesn't have a Grand Slam
where
> > >they
> > >> can name a court after her. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the main
> courts
> > >at
> > >> Wimbledon with her name on it, but she is after all German, and some
> ***
> > >> will no doubt start mentionioning the war :-)

> > >Maybe so. At this point in time I'd think they'd be more likely to
> mention
> > >the Euro and European integration...

> > But European integration hasn't gone quite that far. I don't think
> > Wimbledon is going to name a court after Steffi Graf just yet...

> If they do name courts for Sampras and Graf, it'll probably be
posthumously.

> Dave

But now that I think of it, why would Wimbledon name a court after Graf --
before naming one after Navratilova?

Dave

 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by bob » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:11:56


Quote:









> > > >> > Graf deserves better

> > > >> She really does. Unfortunately Germany doesn't have a Grand Slam
> where
> > > >they
> > > >> can name a court after her. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the main
> > courts
> > > >at
> > > >> Wimbledon with her name on it, but she is after all German, and
some
> > ***
> > > >> will no doubt start mentionioning the war :-)

> > > >Maybe so. At this point in time I'd think they'd be more likely to
> > mention
> > > >the Euro and European integration...

> > > But European integration hasn't gone quite that far. I don't think
> > > Wimbledon is going to name a court after Steffi Graf just yet...

> > If they do name courts for Sampras and Graf, it'll probably be
> posthumously.

> > Dave

> But now that I think of it, why would Wimbledon name a court after Graf --
> before naming one after Navratilova?

i don't believe wimbledon has courts named for anyone..IMO, rightfully
so..just a statue of old perry on the grounds..let the lower slams like USO,
FO, AO (if they do it) name courts for people.

bob

 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by bob » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:14:53


Quote:

> > Graf deserves better

> Yes, maybe 1 of the FO showcourts?  She won her 1st & last slam at FO....

> Sampras/Navratilova definitely should get a Wimbledon court named after
> them - their records will stand forever.

i agree nobody will ever surpass sampras/navratilova wimbledon records, if
anybody deserves a named court at wimbledon, it's them..but i think
wimbledon has it right in not naming courts after people..now if only they
can get rid of the rolex sign, it'd be perfect   :-)

bob

 
 
 

Steffi Graf gets Berlin center court named for her

Post by Hops » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:19:22



Quote:
> > Graf deserves better

> She is the greatest tennis player (male or female) ever. I guess that
> title is enough.

She isn't even the best in her own family.