colts lead 19-14

colts lead 19-14

Post by stephen » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 10:44:29


.. in the world's biggest sporting event.

--
I do not think the United States would come to an end if
  we lost our power to declare an Act of Congress void. I do
  think the Union would be imperiled if we could not make
  that declaration as to the laws of the several States.

- Oliver Wendell Holmes, on the SCOTUS

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by jean-yves herv » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 10:56:11


Quote:

> .. in the world's biggest sporting event.

please stop this.  Absolutely nobody out of the USA, and maybe a couple
of states in Canada, gives a shit about this.  Actually virtually nobody
outside of the USA even knows this is going on.  Sorry, but on a global
scale, the "Super Bowl" does not even register.

jyh.

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by Yury » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 10:59:13


Quote:
> .. in the world's biggest sporting event.

Some local beer-drinking contest ?

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by Knowledg » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:37:15


Quote:
> .. in the world's biggest sporting event.

29-17 now! :-)
 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by Sasidhar » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:47:00


Quote:


> > .. in the world's biggest sporting event.

> please stop this.  Absolutely nobody out of the USA, and maybe a couple
> of states in Canada, gives a shit about this.  Actually virtually nobody
> outside of the USA even knows this is going on.  Sorry, but on a global
> scale, the "Super Bowl" does not even register.

> jyh.

Ever heard of a bait?  :)
 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by David » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:56:49


Quote:
> .. in the world's biggest sporting event.

I had no idea what game, or even what sport, the subject line referred to.
That's how big it is around here.

David

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by stephen » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:20:11

Quote:



>>.. in the world's biggest sporting event.

> I had no idea what game, or even what sport, the subject line referred to.
> That's how big it is around here.

that just means you live in a hole in the ground.

--
"when i visited Aden before collectivization,
all the markets were full of fish product. After
collectivization, the fish immediately disappeared."

- Aleksandr Vassiliev, Soviet KGB official

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by Sasidhar » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:31:19


Quote:



> >>.. in the world's biggest sporting event.

> > I had no idea what game, or even what sport, the subject line referred to.
> > That's how big it is around here.

> that just means you live in a hole in the ground.

> --
> "when i visited Aden before collectivization,
> all the markets were full of fish product. After
> collectivization, the fish immediately disappeared."

> - Aleksandr Vassiliev, Soviet KGB official

so.. you actually believe what you wrote?? LOL.... this is hilarious :)
 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by Sasidhar » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:32:52


Quote:


> > .. in the world's biggest sporting event.

> Some local beer-drinking contest ?

No.. I think he is referring to the Super Bowl.  And, "world" in
America -- means America.

World Series -- etc.

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by jean-yves herv » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 13:06:41


Quote:




> > > .. in the world's biggest sporting event.

> > please stop this.  Absolutely nobody out of the USA, and maybe a couple
> > of states in Canada, gives a shit about this.  Actually virtually nobody
> > outside of the USA even knows this is going on.  Sorry, but on a global
> > scale, the "Super Bowl" does not even register.

> > jyh.

> Ever heard of a bait?  :)

Of course I have.  When Jaros brings up his usual brand of "300 mil.
americans matter more that the rest of the world", I know that there is
a fair bit of provocation in that, but I suspect that he truly believes
that the gridiron finals is followed by billions of viewers worldwide.  
Same thing with PGA "events" that no-one outside of the USA gives a ***
about.  Go on and try to argue with him than less that 5% of Europeans
(or less than 1% worldwide) can name a single NFL team.  He just won't
believe it.

jyh.

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by stephen » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:07:43

Quote:





>>>>.. in the world's biggest sporting event.

>>>I had no idea what game, or even what sport, the subject line referred to.
>>>That's how big it is around here.

>>that just means you live in a hole in the ground.

>>--
>>"when i visited Aden before collectivization,
>>all the markets were full of fish product. After
>>collectivization, the fish immediately disappeared."

>>- Aleksandr Vassiliev, Soviet KGB official

> so.. you actually believe what you wrote?? LOL.... this is hilarious :)

you must be really new to usenet.

--
"when i visited Aden before collectivization,
all the markets were full of fish product. After
collectivization, the fish immediately disappeared."

- Aleksandr Vassiliev, Soviet KGB official

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by jingu » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:49:29

Quote:



>>>.. in the world's biggest sporting event.

>>Some local beer-drinking contest ?

> No.. I think he is referring to the Super Bowl.  And, "world" in
> America -- means America.

people may not want to admit it, but the super bowl truly is an
international sporting event:

http://www.sport365.fr/autres-sports/sports-us/article_151281_Manning...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/colts-manning-reaches-quarterback-ni...

while not the biggest sporting event in terms of number of fans,
in $$ terms the super bowl is the world's biggest sporting event.

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by jingu » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:50:26

Quote:

> .. in the world's biggest sporting event.

for the nearly $2.4 million/30 second advertising rate, the commercials
in this year's super bowl telecast were really pretty stupid:

                http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16566275/

the kevin federline commercial where he was playing a wanna-be rapper
who was working in a fast food restaurant was pretty funny.  what i
found interesting was that when they played a snippet from his video
"rollin' VIP" i thought that his flow was pretty decent.  maybe that
snippet isn't representative of his overall act, because otherwise i'm
surprised that he had to cancel his concert tour for lack of ticket
sales.

...at least he can count on "makin' bank" from his divorce settlement
with brittney spears.

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by David » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:06:51


Quote:



> >>.. in the world's biggest sporting event.

> > I had no idea what game, or even what sport, the subject line referred to.
> > That's how big it is around here.

> that just means you live in a hole in the ground.

No, it wasn't mentioned in the sports segment of tonight's ABC TV news. I guess
they couldn't fit it in.

David

 
 
 

colts lead 19-14

Post by Yury » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:15:52


Quote:



>>>>.. in the world's biggest sporting event.

>>>Some local beer-drinking contest ?

>> No.. I think he is referring to the Super Bowl.  And, "world" in
>> America -- means America.

> people may not want to admit it, but the super bowl truly is an
> international sporting event:

> http://www.sport365.fr/autres-sports/sports-us/article_151281_Manning...
> http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/colts-manning-reaches-quarterback-ni...

I miss the proof. So, in France and Australia they mention about it. So what
? would it be really big, articles would be ten times larger.

Quote:
> while not the biggest sporting event in terms of number of fans,
> in $$ terms the super bowl is the world's biggest sporting event.

Links ?