Nadal calls strongest era, Fed not convinced....

Nadal calls strongest era, Fed not convinced....

Post by felange » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:57:24


http://juumptennis.visibli.com/share/6DsW97
 
 
 

Nadal calls strongest era, Fed not convinced....

Post by Whispe » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:03:09


Quote:
> http://juumptennis.visibli.com/share/6DsW97

Fed is older & has more balanced view of tennis history.  Rafa is
younger, & these pups all say today is toughest.

Fed/Rafa would be high ranked players in any era, Murray & Djoker forget
about it.

 
 
 

Nadal calls strongest era, Fed not convinced....

Post by TT » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:29:17

27.6.2011 4:57, felangey kirjoitti:

Quote:
> http://juumptennis.visibli.com/share/6DsW97

Borg also said few days ago that because of the quality of top 4 we're
now living golden age in tennis.

 
 
 

Nadal calls strongest era, Fed not convinced....

Post by Pelle Svansl? » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 00:48:38


Quote:
> http://SportToday.org/

"I think it's not fair to say that our generation is stronger," Federer
said. "For many years many people said it's weaker just because there
was only me and then there was only Rafa and me. And now, all of a
sudden, there's people talking about four. Now it's the best ever. This
is where I disagree. it doesn't happen so quickly.

Ha ha. Rogi is the jealous little *** he always is. Rafa is talking
about the top four in general, which everybody agrees is waybetter than
the top four 10 years ago, while Rogi immediately sees it in terms of
his legacy, the clown era. Lol, he's heard it before. My guess is he'll
be hearing it again. Wadda dork.

 
 
 

Nadal calls strongest era, Fed not convinced....

Post by felange » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:25:40

Not so swift with the comprehension, eh muppet? :)
 
 
 

Nadal calls strongest era, Fed not convinced....

Post by bob » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 06:06:05



Quote:

>> http://SportToday.org/

>"I think it's not fair to say that our generation is stronger," Federer
>said. "For many years many people said it's weaker just because there
>was only me and then there was only Rafa and me. And now, all of a
>sudden, there's people talking about four. Now it's the best ever. This
>is where I disagree. it doesn't happen so quickly.

>Ha ha. Rogi is the jealous little *** he always is. Rafa is talking
>about the top four in general, which everybody agrees is waybetter than
>the top four 10 years ago, while Rogi immediately sees it in terms of
>his legacy, the clown era. Lol, he's heard it before. My guess is he'll
>be hearing it again. Wadda dork.

yes, that's exactly how i saw fed's interpretation - self serving and
how he could spin it so it was *never* interpreted this way:
"now there are 4 good players, and wow, fed doesn't win so much".

bob

 
 
 

Nadal calls strongest era, Fed not convinced....

Post by TT » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:21:51

27.6.2011 18:48, Pelle Svansl?s kirjoitti:

Quote:

>> http://SportToday.org/

> "I think it's not fair to say that our generation is stronger," Federer
> said. "For many years many people said it's weaker just because there
> was only me and then there was only Rafa and me. And now, all of a
> sudden, there's people talking about four. Now it's the best ever. This
> is where I disagree. it doesn't happen so quickly.

> Ha ha. Rogi is the jealous little *** he always is. Rafa is talking
> about the top four in general, which everybody agrees is waybetter than
> the top four 10 years ago, while Rogi immediately sees it in terms of
> his legacy, the clown era. Lol, he's heard it before. My guess is he'll
> be hearing it again. Wadda dork.

Add Delpo to the mix and top5 will be incredible.
 
 
 

Nadal calls strongest era, Fed not convinced....

Post by Yama » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:40:07

: yes, that's exactly how i saw fed's interpretation - self serving and
: how he could spin it so it was *never* interpreted this way:
: "now there are 4 good players, and wow, fed doesn't win so much".

But isn't this exactly what Nadal is saying too? "This present era,
when by enormous coincidence, I happen to be the #1 player, is the best."

 
 
 

Nadal calls strongest era, Fed not convinced....

Post by Ali Asoa » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:41:17


Quote:

>> http://juumptennis.visibli.com/share/6DsW97

> Fed is older & has more balanced view of tennis history. Rafa is
> younger, & these pups all say today is toughest.

I have a feeling I know why you say this ...

Quote:
> Fed/Rafa would be high ranked players in any era,

False. "would be #1 and #2" in any era" would be correct.

Quote:
> Murray & Djoker forget
> about it.

Somehow agree.