If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Chad J McQui » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00


Quote:


>> I am not smearing her with innuendo by saying she milks (most likely fake)
>> injuries. First, there's no innuendo involved, I'm flat out saying it.
>> Second, it's not smearing when it happens so often. If Graf has all the
>> injuries she claims to then she is the least healthy person ever to play
>> tennis, and I find that hard to believe.
>> Chad

>So, Chad, how do we know that Seles's shoulder is bothering her?  Hmmmm?

>    Steve Barnard

Ummm, let's see...does Seles fit the pattern of making up an injury before
virtually EVERY tournament she has ever played? Nope. Do we, then, have
any reason to doubt her? Nope. Would Seles purposely serve in the 70's
(*first* serve) just to perpetuate the myth? Nope.

Chad

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Stephen Barnar » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:



> >> I am not smearing her with innuendo by saying she milks (most likely fake)
> >> injuries. First, there's no innuendo involved, I'm flat out saying it.
> >> Second, it's not smearing when it happens so often. If Graf has all the
> >> injuries she claims to then she is the least healthy person ever to play
> >> tennis, and I find that hard to believe.
> >> Chad

> >So, Chad, how do we know that Seles's shoulder is bothering her?  Hmmmm?

> >       Steve Barnard

> Ummm, let's see...does Seles fit the pattern of making up an injury before
> virtually EVERY tournament she has ever played? Nope. Do we, then, have
> any reason to doubt her? Nope. Would Seles purposely serve in the 70's
> (*first* serve) just to perpetuate the myth? Nope.

> Chad

Well, I guess she would, since she served in the nineties against Graf.
(A smart move, IMHO.)

        Steve Barnard

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Chad J McQui » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Well, I guess she would, since she served in the nineties against Graf.
>(A smart move, IMHO.)

>    Steve Barnard

I doubt that even you are dim enough to believe Seles has faked a shoulder
injury since January of this year just to surprise Graf in the USO final.
She did hit balls that went 90 mph against Graf; the problem was, damn few
of them went in the service box,because it has been eight months since she
has served that *** a regular basis.

Chad

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Stephen Barnar » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:


> >Well, I guess she would, since she served in the nineties against Graf.
> >(A smart move, IMHO.)

> >       Steve Barnard

> I doubt that even you are dim enough to believe Seles has faked a shoulder
> injury since January of this year just to surprise Graf in the USO final.
> She did hit balls that went 90 mph against Graf; the problem was, damn few
> of them went in the service box,because it has been eight months since she
> has served that *** a regular basis.

> Chad

I don't think she was faking it to fool Graf.  I think she was saving
her shoulder against lesser players whom she didn't fear.

        Steve Barnard

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Chad J McQui » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:



>> >Well, I guess she would, since she served in the nineties against Graf.
>> >(A smart move, IMHO.)

>> >       Steve Barnard

>> I doubt that even you are dim enough to believe Seles has faked a shoulder
>> injury since January of this year just to surprise Graf in the USO final.
>> She did hit balls that went 90 mph against Graf; the problem was, damn few
>> of them went in the service box,because it has been eight months since she
>> has served that *** a regular basis.

>> Chad

>I don't think she was faking it to fool Graf.  I think she was saving
>her shoulder against lesser players whom she didn't fear.

>    Steve Barnard

Well, then, that isn't faking an injury, is it? Saving an injured shoulder
for when you need it hardly compares to making up injuries before every
tournament you play.

Chad

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Charles L » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

   If Chad is bright enough to see that Graf "fakes" her injury, then
aren't the players that bright too?   Which means that they should
play her just fine.   So what if she has an excuse if she loses?
She's co-ranked at number 1, and won 3 of 4 majors.   Doesn't sound
like she need to make too many of these so-called excuses.

--
Charles Lin

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Chad J McQui » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>   If Chad is bright enough to see that Graf "fakes" her injury, then
>aren't the players that bright too?   Which means that they should
>play her just fine.   So what if she has an excuse if she loses?
>She's co-ranked at number 1, and won 3 of 4 majors.   Doesn't sound
>like she need to make too many of these so-called excuses.

That's exactly the point, Charles-- a champion should know better than to
do what she does. I wouldn't give a hoot if the #500 ranked player faked
injuries all the time, but when the #1 player in the world does it day in
and day out, it looks bad for her and for the game.

Chad

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Scott J. Pata » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00


: Ummm, let's see...does Seles fit the pattern of making up an injury before
: virtually EVERY tournament she has ever played? Nope. Do we, then, have
: any reason to doubt her? Nope. Would Seles purposely serve in the 70's
: (*first* serve) just to perpetuate the myth? Nope.

 Would Graf skip the Australian Open and a few other tournaments just
 to perpetuate the "myth" about her injuries?  NOPE.

                           -- Scott

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by ARon » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I never wanted to reply to Chad's onslaught of self righteous opinions on
every player and poster ever again. But, as Charles Lin asked

Quote:
>  If Chad is bright enough to see that Graf "fakes" her injury, then
>  aren't the players that bright too?

Well Charles, you should know by now, that no other players including Graf
are bright enough. They are stupid enough that they fake injuries(Graf,
Graf and Graf). They play like a mule(Pierce). They don't have a mental
game(Sabatini). They complain and whine too much(Sanchez).

Chad is an authority on Seles.
Chad can read Graf like a book and see through her like she were
transparent.
He can give nick names and judge every female player except Seles and
Martina Navratilova. He even said something like Sabatini didn't have a
mind etc.
He can tell the posters there are dim witted and repeatedly asks them to
check their third grade diploma.
He takes it upon himself to explain in very logical terms why Seles lost
and also gives very logical explanations why other players won.
He proves beyond a shadow of doubt, that Seles dominanace was so ***
players lost early in fear of facing her.
He is master at twisting words around so much that you will end up
thinking VOW!
He quotes only portions of a posters article and harps on it and doesn't
even indicate there is more to that posters' post making the poster sound
like a Graf fan or a Seles hater when in fact that poster is not. Ex:-
Myself.
He gives a porfessional advice to posters to go check themselves into a
mental institution if they don't agree with him.(Hey Chad, I am not in one
right now. After you gave me that advice I took you up on it and tried to
get myself into an institution, and they said they wouldn't take me.
Because they want me to hate Seles or any other player first. But I don't
hate any player. So I didn't get admittance!  WAAAA!)

By the way I already know what kind of response I will get for this. And
to all fellow posters, I do have a third grade diploma. I guess I will
check my fourth grade diploma if asked by Chad next time.

don't flame me because i am flammable - aronda(this is my quote not a
request)

:-(   Me    

 :-)   Chad

You all know why!!!
aronda

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Chad J McQui » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00


Quote:


>: Ummm, let's see...does Seles fit the pattern of making up an injury before
>: virtually EVERY tournament she has ever played? Nope. Do we, then, have
>: any reason to doubt her? Nope. Would Seles purposely serve in the 70's
>: (*first* serve) just to perpetuate the myth? Nope.

> Would Graf skip the Australian Open and a few other tournaments just
> to perpetuate the "myth" about her injuries?  NOPE.

>                           -- Scott

Sure she would! She clearly doesn't want to make the trek down to
Australia; she knows she's not going to win the Grand Slam again, so why
bother?

Chad

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Chad J McQui » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>He quotes only portions of a posters article and harps on it and doesn't
>even indicate there is more to that posters' post making the poster sound
>like a Graf fan or a Seles hater when in fact that poster is not. Ex:-
>Myself.

ARonda, only newbies on the net copy entire articles. In fact, many news
hosts won't allow you to post if there is more included text than original
text. There's no reason to copy an entire post to respond to only one
part; I thought it was quite ironic that I chose only this part of your
post to respond to. If people want to read the rest of your post, they can
just go back in this thread and read it--there's no reason for me to
repost your entire article.

But I suppose that is just more racism on my part.

Chad

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Ed Dybda » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:




> >: Ummm, let's see...does Seles fit the pattern of making up an injury before
> >: virtually EVERY tournament she has ever played? Nope. Do we, then, have
> >: any reason to doubt her? Nope. Would Seles purposely serve in the 70's
> >: (*first* serve) just to perpetuate the myth? Nope.

> > Would Graf skip the Australian Open and a few other tournaments just
> > to perpetuate the "myth" about her injuries?  NOPE.

> >                           -- Scott

> Sure she would! She clearly doesn't want to make the trek down to
> Australia; she knows she's not going to win the Grand Slam again, so why
> bother?

> Chad

So then who is gonna beat her. Save yourself a post and dont write Seles
like you always do because ill probably laugh anyway. If Graf is given a
choice of which slam to miss you know its gonna be the AO because it the
least prestigious.
 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Audi Rond » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00


Quote:

>>He quotes only portions of a posters article and harps on it and doesn't
>>even indicate there is more to that posters' post making the poster sound
>>like a Graf fan or a Seles hater when in fact that poster is not. Ex:-
>>Myself.

>ARonda, only newbies on the net copy entire articles. In fact, many news
>hosts won't allow you to post if there is more included text than original
>text. There's no reason to copy an entire post to respond to only one
>part; I thought it was quite ironic that I chose only this part of your
>post to respond to. If people want to read the rest of your post, they can
>just go back in this thread and read it--there's no reason for me to
>repost your entire article.

>But I suppose that is just more racism on my part.

>Chad

As always I knew I would be enlightened by you. U can atleast say [snip] or
deleteing lot of stuff or etc.

Oh I guess I keep learning. How ignorant and dim witted of me!?

No. It's not racism if you say it is not. It is if you say it is.

aronda

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Chad J McQui » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00

...

Quote:
>> Sure she would! She clearly doesn't want to make the trek down to
>> Australia; she knows she's not going to win the Grand Slam again, so why
>> bother?

>> Chad

>So then who is gonna beat her. Save yourself a post and dont write Seles
>like you always do because ill probably laugh anyway. If Graf is given a
>choice of which slam to miss you know its gonna be the AO because it the
>least prestigious.

Sorry to disobey, but...Seles. Let's see...Graf has lost 4 times at the
Australian...that's 4 times more than Seles has lost on the entire
continent.

I'm glad to see you admit that Graf is simply choosing not to play the
Australian, and it's not because of any feigned injury.

Chad

 
 
 

If Sampras gets an Emmy, then Graf wins an Oscar

Post by Chad J McQui » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00


...

Quote:
>As always I knew I would be enlightened by you. U can atleast say [snip] or
>deleteing lot of stuff or etc.

>Oh I guess I keep learning. How ignorant and dim witted of me!?

Well, I generally use the "..." when I am deleting something, I thought it
would be apparent what that meant. But even if I didn't, so what? I show
what someone said, and I respond to it. It's not as though I'm pasting
together phrases no one ever said, or even taking it out of context.

Chad