Pre-match spoiler Nadal vs Federer FO 2007 final

Pre-match spoiler Nadal vs Federer FO 2007 final

Post by drew » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 04:04:42


First set much as last year.  Nadal will be nervous.  Federer will be
agressive.  Federer will be hitting his backhand well.  One service
break will do it for Feds.  6-3 Federer.

Second set Nadal makes adjustments, runs everything down and starts to
break down the Federer backhand for more UEs on that side.
7-5 Nadal.

Third set is all Nadal.  Federer looking rattled, missing  a lot now
on the backhand and service percentage drops
6-2 Nadal.

Fourth set Nadal tightens up a little and gets broken but breaks back
twice.  Federer retreats a little to try to stay in the match but he
can't stay with Nadal from the baseline and he's still hitting too
many UEs on the backhand.
6-4 Nadal.

This will be the typical pattern of a best of 5 on clay between
Federer and Nadal.

 
 
 

Pre-match spoiler Nadal vs Federer FO 2007 final

Post by ccreviva » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 05:20:42


Quote:
> First set much as last year.  Nadal will be nervous.  Federer will be
> agressive.  Federer will be hitting his backhand well.  One service
> break will do it for Feds.  6-3 Federer.

> Second set Nadal makes adjustments, runs everything down and starts to
> break down the Federer backhand for more UEs on that side.
> 7-5 Nadal.

> Third set is all Nadal.  Federer looking rattled, missing  a lot now
> on the backhand and service percentage drops
> 6-2 Nadal.

> Fourth set Nadal tightens up a little and gets broken but breaks back
> twice.  Federer retreats a little to try to stay in the match but he
> can't stay with Nadal from the baseline and he's still hitting too
> many UEs on the backhand.
> 6-4 Nadal.

> This will be the typical pattern of a best of 5 on clay between
> Federer and Nadal.

I don't think Nadal would suffer first set nerves; he's already played
Fed twice in GS finals so he should not be nervous. Furthermore, he
must realize that he cannot afford that type of response anymore,
especially against Roger.

If they do meet in the final, Nadal in straights over Fed.

 
 
 

Pre-match spoiler Nadal vs Federer FO 2007 final

Post by Javier Gonzale » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 05:27:13

Quote:

> I don't think Nadal would suffer first set nerves; he's already played
> Fed twice in GS finals so he should not be nervous. Furthermore, he
> must realize that he cannot afford that type of response anymore,
> especially against Roger.

And he ate bakery in the first set of those two finals - Fed seems to be
a quick starter when it comes to Nadal (interesting, since he's a slow
starter with the rest of the tour - maybe Nadal starts even slower? ;)

 
 
 

Pre-match spoiler Nadal vs Federer FO 2007 final

Post by gregor.. » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 06:25:00


Quote:

> > I don't think Nadal would suffer first set nerves; he's already played
> > Fed twice in GS finals so he should not be nervous. Furthermore, he
> > must realize that he cannot afford that type of response anymore,
> > especially against Roger.

> And he ate bakery in the first set of those two finals - Fed seems to be
> a quick starter when it comes to Nadal (interesting, since he's a slow
> starter with the rest of the tour - maybe Nadal starts even slower? ;)

Yep, as I said before, if it was best of one set Fed would be a hot
favourite ...
 
 
 

Pre-match spoiler Nadal vs Federer FO 2007 final

Post by Dave Hazelwoo » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 08:34:21

Quote:



>> > I don't think Nadal would suffer first set nerves; he's already played
>> > Fed twice in GS finals so he should not be nervous. Furthermore, he
>> > must realize that he cannot afford that type of response anymore,
>> > especially against Roger.

>> And he ate bakery in the first set of those two finals - Fed seems to be
>> a quick starter when it comes to Nadal (interesting, since he's a slow
>> starter with the rest of the tour - maybe Nadal starts even slower? ;)

>Yep, as I said before, if it was best of one set Fed would be a hot
>favourite ...

yesterdays results are no guarantee of tomorrows performance.

look at hamburg ?