Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by Marat Safin's twi » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:17:24


http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/07/19/roger-federer-assured-of-us-open...
 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by kaennorsin » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:23:45


Quote:
> http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/07/19/roger-federer-assured-of-us-open...

Safe to say Federer's not worrying about the rankings at this point.

 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by Superdav » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:26:50

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:17:24 -0700 (PDT), "Marat Safin's twin"

Quote:

>http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/07/19/roger-federer-assured-of-us-open...

Fed's in great position to ride out the year as #1.

Rafa is in deep doo doo. Probably finish the year as #4 or #5.

 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by *skripti » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:51:55


Quote:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:17:24 -0700 (PDT), "Marat Safin's twin"

>>http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/07/19/roger-federer-assured-of-us-open...

> Fed's in great position to ride out the year as #1.

> Rafa is in deep doo doo. Probably finish the year as #4 or #5.

I want Federer to end this year as #1.
Even if Rafa wins USO Fed would still be deserving #1.

He'd have better slam mix. 11 >8

 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by Alaska Rock » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:04:33


Quote:


> > On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:17:24 -0700 (PDT), "Marat Safin's twin"

> >>http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/07/19/roger-federer-assured-of-us-open...

> > Fed's in great position to ride out the year as #1.

> > Rafa is in deep doo doo. Probably finish the year as #4 or #5.

> I want Federer to end this year as #1.

Do not worry, Federer will get #1 or else he will cry and cry until
they make him #1 for life :)

Quote:
> Even if Rafa wins USO Fed would still be deserving #1.

"Deserves got nothing to do with it"-William Munny, "Unforgiven"

Federer got a huge break and he got two slams out of it, maybe more...

Quote:

> He'd have better slam mix. 11 >8

 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by *skripti » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:10:18



Quote:


> > On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:17:24 -0700 (PDT), "Marat Safin's twin"

> >>http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/07/19/roger-federer-assured-of-us-open...

> > Fed's in great position to ride out the year as #1.

> > Rafa is in deep doo doo. Probably finish the year as #4 or #5.

> I want Federer to end this year as #1.

Do not worry, Federer will get #1 or else he will cry and cry until
they make him #1 for life :)

Quote:
> Even if Rafa wins USO Fed would still be deserving #1.

"Deserves got nothing to do with it"-William Munny, "Unforgiven"

Federer got a huge break and he got two slams out of it, maybe more...

I disagree. Obviosly #1 can't be undeserving #1, because he collected most
pts.
A slamless guy with most pts would deserve to be #1.

However, a guy who wins Wimbledon and another slam is the true #1, we all
know it...

 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by Alaska Rock » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:18:54


Quote:





> > > On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:17:24 -0700 (PDT), "Marat Safin's twin"

> > >>http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/07/19/roger-federer-assured-of-us-open...

> > > Fed's in great position to ride out the year as #1.

> > > Rafa is in deep doo doo. Probably finish the year as #4 or #5.

> > I want Federer to end this year as #1.

> Do not worry, Federer will get #1 or else he will cry and cry until
> they make him #1 for life :)

> > Even if Rafa wins USO Fed would still be deserving #1.

> "Deserves got nothing to do with it"-William Munny, "Unforgiven"

> Federer got a huge break and he got two slams out of it, maybe more...

> I disagree. Obviosly #1 can't be undeserving #1, because he collected most
> pts.
> A slamless guy with most pts would deserve to be #1.

> However, a guy who wins Wimbledon and another slam is the true #1, we all
> know it...

Saying "Deserves got nothing to do with it" is not, the same as saying
that he is undeserving. It is possible that he is neither. If it is
not clear, I can explain it further.
 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by drew » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 01:28:02


Quote:

> Saying "Deserves got nothing to do with it" is not, the same as saying
> that he is undeserving. It is possible that he is neither. If it is
> not clear, I can explain it further

One of my favourite lines in 'The Unforgiven'.

It IS like telling your kids 'Life isn't fair' when they say, 'Hey,
it's not fair'.  Of course there's a big difference between saying
'Life's not fair' and meaning 'I'm not fair'.

 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by TT » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 03:21:05

Quote:


>> Saying "Deserves got nothing to do with it" is not, the same as saying
>> that he is undeserving. It is possible that he is neither. If it is
>> not clear, I can explain it further

> One of my favourite lines in 'The Unforgiven'.

> It IS like telling your kids 'Life isn't fair' when they say, 'Hey,
> it's not fair'.  Of course there's a big difference between saying
> 'Life's not fair' and meaning 'I'm not fair'.

But he did deserve it though.

--
"If I was 7-13 against Andre it would be hard to say I was the best of
my generation"

 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by PeteWasLuck » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 03:38:40


Quote:

> >http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/07/19/roger-federer-assured-of-us-open...

> Safe to say Federer's not worrying about the rankings at this point.

Big chance Federer won't play USO.
 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by Superdav » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:18:32

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:38:40 -0700 (PDT), PeteWasLucky

Quote:



>> >http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/07/19/roger-federer-assured-of-us-open...

>> Safe to say Federer's not worrying about the rankings at this point.

>Big chance Federer won't play USO.

Only if the bambino decides so.
 
 
 

Roger Federer assured of US Open 2009 top seeding

Post by Staple » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:40:26



Quote:

> >http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/07/19/roger-federer-assured-of-us-open...

> Safe to say Federer's not worrying about the rankings at this point.
>>>Big chance Federer won't play USO.<<<<

Oh aren't you hopeful?