Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by drew » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:23:31


Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
to take Novak out on HC.

Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.

 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by gregor.. » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:31:35


Quote:
> Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
> I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
> to take Novak out on HC.

> Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
> is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
> think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
> will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
> it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.

Slower court gives Nadal a better chance - and Djokovic was ropey
yesterday

 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by fearsomeforehan » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:36:58


Quote:

> > Should be a routine win for Nole. ?I'm waiting to see the odds but
> > I'll probably load up on Djoko. ?Don't think Nadal has what it takes
> > to take Novak out on HC.

> > Should get pretty good odds on ?this one. ?Beating the Blake the Flake
> > is one thing. ?Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter. ?I
> > think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
> > will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
> > it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.

> Slower court gives Nadal a better chance - and Djokovic was ropey
> yesterday

I would be really surprised if he does not get up for Nadal. Say what
people may about his attitude, he is a champion.

 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by TJT » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 20:47:39

Quote:

> Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
> I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
> to take Novak out on HC.

> Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
> is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
> think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
> will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
> it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.

I have a feeling Nadal will take this one too.
 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by Wayn » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 20:52:08


Quote:
> Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
> I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
> to take Novak out on HC.

> Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
> is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
> think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
> will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
> it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.

I'd agree with those odds. Djokovic is the fav but I see no reason why
Nadal can't win. The key will be how well Djokovic serves - that was
one of the key factors when they played in Canada on HC when Djokovic
won. That day I didn't think there was all that much between them in
terms of baseline play.
 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by fearsomeforehan » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:02:57


Quote:

> > Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
> > I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
> > to take Novak out on HC.

> > Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
> > is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
> > think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
> > will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
> > it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.

> I'd agree with those odds. Djokovic is the fav but I see no reason why
> Nadal can't win. The key will be how well Djokovic serves - that was
> one of the key factors when they played in Canada on HC when Djokovic
> won. That day I didn't think there was all that much between them in
> terms of baseline play.

I think Rafa has a very good chance because
a) I hear that Djokovic did not play very well against Stan the Man
b) the courts are playing slow, much slower than Montreal
c) Nadal has to be pumped up after these big victories over two of his
slayers.
But,
1) Djokovic is a champion and will almost definitely bring his best
game against Rafa.
2) I remember Fed saying that conditions are slower at night and their
match should be in the afternoon (or is it?)
3) How much gas does Nadal have left in the tank?

This one is a potential barn burner.

 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by Dave Hazelwoo » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:15:33

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 05:02:57 -0700 (PDT), fearsomeforehand

Quote:



>> > Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
>> > I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
>> > to take Novak out on HC.

>> > Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
>> > is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
>> > think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
>> > will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
>> > it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.

>> I'd agree with those odds. Djokovic is the fav but I see no reason why
>> Nadal can't win. The key will be how well Djokovic serves - that was
>> one of the key factors when they played in Canada on HC when Djokovic
>> won. That day I didn't think there was all that much between them in
>> terms of baseline play.

>I think Rafa has a very good chance because
>a) I hear that Djokovic did not play very well against Stan the Man
>b) the courts are playing slow, much slower than Montreal
>c) Nadal has to be pumped up after these big victories over two of his
>slayers.
>But,
>1) Djokovic is a champion and will almost definitely bring his best
>game against Rafa.
>2) I remember Fed saying that conditions are slower at night and their
>match should be in the afternoon (or is it?)
>3) How much gas does Nadal have left in the tank?

>This one is a potential barn burner.

No matter who wins they will be "nackered" and ripe for picking by
Fed.
 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by TJT » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:16:30

Quote:



>>> Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
>>> I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
>>> to take Novak out on HC.
>>> Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
>>> is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
>>> think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
>>> will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
>>> it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.
>> I'd agree with those odds. Djokovic is the fav but I see no reason why
>> Nadal can't win. The key will be how well Djokovic serves - that was
>> one of the key factors when they played in Canada on HC when Djokovic
>> won. That day I didn't think there was all that much between them in
>> terms of baseline play.

> I think Rafa has a very good chance because
> a) I hear that Djokovic did not play very well against Stan the Man
> b) the courts are playing slow, much slower than Montreal
> c) Nadal has to be pumped up after these big victories over two of his
> slayers.
> But,
> 1) Djokovic is a champion and will almost definitely bring his best
> game against Rafa.
> 2) I remember Fed saying that conditions are slower at night and their
> match should be in the afternoon (or is it?)
> 3) How much gas does Nadal have left in the tank?

> This one is a potential barn burner.

Barn burner?
 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by fearsomeforehan » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:22:45


Quote:



> >>> Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
> >>> I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
> >>> to take Novak out on HC.
> >>> Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
> >>> is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
> >>> think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
> >>> will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
> >>> it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.
> >> I'd agree with those odds. Djokovic is the fav but I see no reason why
> >> Nadal can't win. The key will be how well Djokovic serves - that was
> >> one of the key factors when they played in Canada on HC when Djokovic
> >> won. That day I didn't think there was all that much between them in
> >> terms of baseline play.

> > I think Rafa has a very good chance because
> > a) I hear that Djokovic did not play very well against Stan the Man
> > b) the courts are playing slow, much slower than Montreal
> > c) Nadal has to be pumped up after these big victories over two of his
> > slayers.
> > But,
> > 1) Djokovic is a champion and will almost definitely bring his best
> > game against Rafa.
> > 2) I remember Fed saying that conditions are slower at night and their
> > match should be in the afternoon (or is it?)
> > 3) How much gas does Nadal have left in the tank?

> > This one is a potential barn burner.

> Barn burner?

actually, barnburner = exciting event.
 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by TJT » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:27:33

Quote:





>>>>> Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
>>>>> I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
>>>>> to take Novak out on HC.
>>>>> Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
>>>>> is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
>>>>> think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
>>>>> will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
>>>>> it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.
>>>> I'd agree with those odds. Djokovic is the fav but I see no reason why
>>>> Nadal can't win. The key will be how well Djokovic serves - that was
>>>> one of the key factors when they played in Canada on HC when Djokovic
>>>> won. That day I didn't think there was all that much between them in
>>>> terms of baseline play.
>>> I think Rafa has a very good chance because
>>> a) I hear that Djokovic did not play very well against Stan the Man
>>> b) the courts are playing slow, much slower than Montreal
>>> c) Nadal has to be pumped up after these big victories over two of his
>>> slayers.
>>> But,
>>> 1) Djokovic is a champion and will almost definitely bring his best
>>> game against Rafa.
>>> 2) I remember Fed saying that conditions are slower at night and their
>>> match should be in the afternoon (or is it?)
>>> 3) How much gas does Nadal have left in the tank?
>>> This one is a potential barn burner.
>> Barn burner?

> actually, barnburner = exciting event.

That's what you dixies do when get e***d, burn barns? :)
 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by fearsomeforehan » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:37:32


Quote:





> >>>>> Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
> >>>>> I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
> >>>>> to take Novak out on HC.
> >>>>> Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
> >>>>> is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
> >>>>> think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
> >>>>> will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
> >>>>> it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.
> >>>> I'd agree with those odds. Djokovic is the fav but I see no reason why
> >>>> Nadal can't win. The key will be how well Djokovic serves - that was
> >>>> one of the key factors when they played in Canada on HC when Djokovic
> >>>> won. That day I didn't think there was all that much between them in
> >>>> terms of baseline play.
> >>> I think Rafa has a very good chance because
> >>> a) I hear that Djokovic did not play very well against Stan the Man
> >>> b) the courts are playing slow, much slower than Montreal
> >>> c) Nadal has to be pumped up after these big victories over two of his
> >>> slayers.
> >>> But,
> >>> 1) Djokovic is a champion and will almost definitely bring his best
> >>> game against Rafa.
> >>> 2) I remember Fed saying that conditions are slower at night and their
> >>> match should be in the afternoon (or is it?)
> >>> 3) How much gas does Nadal have left in the tank?
> >>> This one is a potential barn burner.
> >> Barn burner?

> > actually, barnburner = exciting event.

> That's what you dixies do when get e***d, burn barns? :)

You should ask a dixie that question.
 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by Sakari Lun » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:55:36



Quote:
>Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
>I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
>to take Novak out on HC.

>Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
>is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
>think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
>will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
>it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.

Obviously Djokovic should be a huge favourite on HC, although this is
so slow that it makes it a bit closer. Reading the posts here it seems
Rafa's opponents have choked away two certain wins. Can't see Djokovic
doing that.
 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by gregor.. » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 22:07:09


Quote:


> >Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
> >I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
> >to take Novak out on HC.

> >Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
> >is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
> >think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
> >will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
> >it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.

> Obviously Djokovic should be a huge favourite on HC, although this is
> so slow that it makes it a bit closer. Reading the posts here it seems
> Rafa's opponents have choked away two certain wins. Can't see Djokovic
> doing that.

Well, Tsonga certainly. Blake wasn't in sight of immediate victory but
should have won
 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by TJT » Sun, 23 Mar 2008 00:19:55

Quote:



>> Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
>> I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
>> to take Novak out on HC.

>> Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
>> is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
>> think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
>> will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
>> it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.

> Obviously Djokovic should be a huge favourite on HC, although this is
> so slow that it makes it a bit closer. Reading the posts here it seems
> Rafa's opponents have choked away two certain wins.

That's totally wrong. You shouldn't trust fed***ers. Although being one
yourself you might end up with the same wrong conclusion.
 
 
 

Nole vs. Rafa...load up on Nole

Post by TJT » Sun, 23 Mar 2008 00:22:48

Quote:




>>> Should be a routine win for Nole.  I'm waiting to see the odds but
>>> I'll probably load up on Djoko.  Don't think Nadal has what it takes
>>> to take Novak out on HC.
>>> Should get pretty good odds on  this one.  Beating the Blake the Flake
>>> is one thing.  Taking out the Joker is a whole different matter.  I
>>> think this one should be relatively straight forward but the bookies
>>> will be probably make Nole only slight favourite in this one; I'd say
>>> it'll probably be Nole around 1.7, Nadal around 1.9.
>> Obviously Djokovic should be a huge favourite on HC, although this is
>> so slow that it makes it a bit closer. Reading the posts here it seems
>> Rafa's opponents have choked away two certain wins. Can't see Djokovic
>> doing that.

> Well, Tsonga certainly. Blake wasn't in sight of immediate victory but
> should have won

Why do you think he should have won?

...If your "logic" is that he should have won first set and then taken
second as easily as he did, then you're wrong. If Blake won the first
set it's not sure at all that second set would've gone that way.

The thing is that Nadal played really well when it mattered in 3rd set
and fully deserves his win. That's the way it goes.