the web sites for this area are www.inlandsea.com and
We do have a site in Saratoga but on a southwest we all head for Lake
Champlain since the wind funnels thru the mountains and Nails the
We use saratoga lake for afterwork and thermals in Late afternoon.
Sacandaga Lake is very good on a west wind and is now easier to sail
Placid has too many mountains around it so the wind stays up high.
(and, hey, if it was suitable, it would be called Lake Nukin', not Lake
Placid, right?? A canoe would be better than a board, I bet
In the general area, you'd be much better off heading to Lake Champlain, the
Finger Lakes, or SE Lake Ontario for sailing.
1. Info wanted on NY,VT Finger Lakes, Lake Placid, Lake Champlain?
2. Good Launches in/near Lake Placid
3. windsurfing at Lake Mead/Lake Powell
4. Ottawa: Sites at Mississippi Lake?
5. NEW WEB SITE AND EVENTS SCHEDULE FOR LAKES BAY, NJ
6. Lake Champlain, Vermont Sites
7. Need advice on Salt Lake City area sites
8. Need advice on sailing sites at Lake Tahoe.
9. Good launch sites around lake Ray Hubbard?
11. "BUBBLE EFFECT" on Lake Erie, was RE: Lake Erie ice
12. Dioxin Lake AKA Wolf Lake, IN
13. place to stay near KY Lake, LBL, Lake Barkley in Kentucky
14. Lake Simcoe & Lake Ontario Report - Still Ice Sailing!!