SeaTrend; In Business?

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by Randy Gea » Sat, 17 Dec 1994 22:55:32


There is a rumor that Thermal Laminates is out of business. This is the
company that manufactures Seatrend. Does anyone know the details?

Randy Geary

 
 
 

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by DanL 121 » Mon, 19 Dec 1994 08:35:22


Quote:
(Randy Geary) writes:
>is seatrend out of business?                                            

                                         To my knowlege the are going to
be open soon (First of the year).  There moving from Stevenson to Bingen,
Washington.  Thats right across the river from Hood River.                

                                                        DanL 12162!

 
 
 

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by LinusWsu » Wed, 21 Dec 1994 07:22:28

My sorces tell me that Thermal Laminates USA (the USA maker of the
production Seatrends in the Gorge) has gone bankrupt.  I also understand
that there is a Thermal Laminates in Eurpoe who will continue to produce
Seatrend boards until the situation in the US can be solved.

Based on this,  I think it is safe to say that Seatrend is still in
business and are looking for a new company to build their boards in the
USA.

 
 
 

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by p.. » Sat, 24 Dec 1994 00:27:54


Quote:
12162) writes:

> (Randy Geary) writes:

> >is seatrend out of business?                                            

>                                          To my knowlege the are going to
> be open soon (First of the year).  There moving from Stevenson to Bingen,
> Washington.  Thats right across the river from Hood River.                

>                                                         DanL 12162!

        Has anyone sailed the Seatrend ATV 8'2" or 7'10" ATV?
Are they durable? I've been pondering one of these boards as
my next purchase.
        Hope to be sailing in Florida next week.


 
 
 

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by Marc Kristopher Gui » Mon, 26 Dec 1994 00:32:19

Quote:

>    Hope to be sailing in Florida next week.

Paul, I go to Florida every March to do some sailing, and am always looking
for new launch sites.  Where do you sail?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Marc Guido                    /\_/\_~_/\~         Lake Champlain
     Saratoga Springs, NY            \  \              Saratoga Lake
     Adirondack Boardsailing Club  ^^^^^^^^^^^^        Great Sacandaga Lake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           Bic, Neil Pryde, Chinook, Hatteras Product, Bare
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by Jeff Feeh » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 05:32:29

|>
|>   Has anyone sailed the Seatrend ATV 8'2" or 7'10" ATV?
|> Are they durable? I've been pondering one of these boards as
|> my next purchase.
|>   Hope to be sailing in Florida next week.
|>

|>

 i sailed the 8'2" ATV while in margarita last may.  i liked the board
quite a bit.  i used it with 3.7-4.5 m^2 sails, i weigh 165 lbs.  i
thought the board was very comfortable to sail at high speed in
 chop.  it makes quite tight turns and seemed to jump pretty well.
as with all boards this size, you need to sail pretty powered-up.

i have no info concerning durability.

jeff

 
 
 

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by David Purd » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 08:07:53

Quote:

> 12162) writes:

> > (Randy Geary) writes:

> > >is seatrend out of business?                                            

> >                                          To my knowlege the are going to
> > be open soon (First of the year).  There moving from Stevenson to Bingen,
> > Washington.  Thats right across the river from Hood River.                

> >                                                         DanL 12162!

My recent mailing from sailboard warehouse said that they (Seatrend)
moved their manufacturing to Europe.

David

 
 
 

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by ken.. » Fri, 30 Dec 1994 08:28:09

Quote:


>  12162) writes:

>  > (Randy Geary) writes:

>  > >is seatrend out of business?                                                                            
>  >                                          To my knowlege the are going to
>  > be open soon (First of the year).  There moving from Stevenson to Bingen,
>  > Washington.  Thats right across the river from Hood River.                

I received today a fax from Dynafiber Stating they have purchased Seatrend (Name and Manufacturing US and in Europe)

Randy will still be designing boards.

All inline boards will produced in Europe

prototypes and late releases will be comming out of the U.S.

Get ready Canada this means your Seatrend board prices are going up!  Seatrend/Dynafiber now get to pay duty on those hull
coming out of Europe.

F. Kurt Seifert--------------The Truth is Out There----

 
 
 

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by Hobi » Tue, 03 Jan 1995 07:15:19

Several friends have this board. Sailors range from 165 lbs to200 lbs.
They all love it , but it may not be the ultimate high wind nuke board.
Probably 3.7 to 4.0 is its limit. Extremely fast and light terrific
jumper. Board has more slalom,bump and jump characterics than wave.One guy
split the rail seem at location of starboard strap( he is the 200 lb one,
we call power man) Seatrend warrantied, no problem. He as of this date
still has to pick it up. My board is an 8'4' Watson poly, velvet smooth
and will go a full meter lower than the Seatrend. The high end is 4.9 Good
luck
 
 
 

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by CRTM » Wed, 04 Jan 1995 10:00:59

Am interested in any response you get re SEatrend ATVs.  We have 9'4 and
8'10 no noses - great - but need something smaller.
 
 
 

SeaTrend; In Business?

Post by p.. » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 00:22:57

Quote:

> Several friends have this board. Sailors range from 165 lbs to200 lbs.
> They all love it , but it may not be the ultimate high wind nuke board.
> Probably 3.7 to 4.0 is its limit. Extremely fast and light terrific
> jumper. Board has more slalom,bump and jump characterics than wave.One guy
> split the rail seem at location of starboard strap( he is the 200 lb one,
> we call power man) Seatrend warrantied, no problem. He as of this date
> still has to pick it up. My board is an 8'4' Watson poly, velvet smooth
> and will go a full meter lower than the Seatrend. The high end is 4.9 Good
> luck

        I'm thinking seriously about this board ( 8' 2"  ATV) but I only
weigh 140 lbs. So for me I'm thinking about the 7'10" ATV.
Any comments. Btw drove all the way to Fla last week from NE only to
get Skunked. From what I heard it was blowing in Jacksonville on Tuesday
but I was there Wed.