rec dotters at Cape Cod Wind Fest and Freestyle Frenzy

rec dotters at Cape Cod Wind Fest and Freestyle Frenzy

Post by Dan Weis » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 02:11:58


Several rec dotters showed up to support our sport at the Cape Cod Wind Fest
and Freestyle Frenzy.  I had the pleasure of seeing Ed Devereaux aka
Weedfin, Ed Sinofksi who competed with success in the Freestyle Frenzy,
Annie
Phelan (who hooked me up with pizza and sunscreen at just he right moments)
and Kevin Kan, who did a great job representing NP sails and JP boards.  I
also had a great chat with Marc Rosen and saw his terrific Sprinter van all
decked out with racks and gear.  Marc also helped run the Tiga Toss, a
traditional light wind alternative.

Thanks to American Wind Sports Industries, the West Dennis Windsurfing
Association, and all the vendors who made their gear available.  Special
thanks to Phillip Mann of Inland Sea for bringing it all together!

-Dan

 
 
 

rec dotters at Cape Cod Wind Fest and Freestyle Frenzy

Post by ALP » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:37:00

Dan treated me to pix of his new little angel..what a dream
doll..YIPPEE for Dan and Mrs. Weiss...a new windsurfer for sure..

 
 
 

rec dotters at Cape Cod Wind Fest and Freestyle Frenzy

Post by Will » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 05:53:30

Great news...congrats on making the event happen....

-WillV-


Quote:
> Several rec dotters showed up to support our sport at the Cape Cod Wind
> Fest
> and Freestyle Frenzy.  I had the pleasure of seeing Ed Devereaux aka
> Weedfin, Ed Sinofksi who competed with success in the Freestyle Frenzy,
> Annie
> Phelan (who hooked me up with pizza and sunscreen at just he right
> moments)
> and Kevin Kan, who did a great job representing NP sails and JP boards.  I
> also had a great chat with Marc Rosen and saw his terrific Sprinter van
> all decked out with racks and gear.  Marc also helped run the Tiga Toss, a
> traditional light wind alternative.

> Thanks to American Wind Sports Industries, the West Dennis Windsurfing
> Association, and all the vendors who made their gear available.  Special
> thanks to Phillip Mann of Inland Sea for bringing it all together!

> -Dan


 
 
 

rec dotters at Cape Cod Wind Fest and Freestyle Frenzy

Post by Dan Weis » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 06:19:29

I'd like to take credit, but I had nothing to do with it.  I just arranged
to represent US Windsurfing, Team USA and the two Junior Racing Camps by
taking up space at the registration table.

-Dan

Quote:
> Great news...congrats on making the event happen....

> -WillV-



>> Several rec dotters showed up to support our sport at the Cape Cod Wind
>> Fest
>> and Freestyle Frenzy.  I had the pleasure of seeing Ed Devereaux aka
>> Weedfin, Ed Sinofksi who competed with success in the Freestyle Frenzy,
>> Annie
>> Phelan (who hooked me up with pizza and sunscreen at just he right
>> moments)
>> and Kevin Kan, who did a great job representing NP sails and JP boards.
>> I also had a great chat with Marc Rosen and saw his terrific Sprinter van
>> all decked out with racks and gear.  Marc also helped run the Tiga Toss,
>> a traditional light wind alternative.

>> Thanks to American Wind Sports Industries, the West Dennis Windsurfing
>> Association, and all the vendors who made their gear available.  Special
>> thanks to Phillip Mann of Inland Sea for bringing it all together!

>> -Dan

 
 
 

rec dotters at Cape Cod Wind Fest and Freestyle Frenzy

Post by Will » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 06:24:53

Congrats to those who made it happen! And very cool that some rec dotters
got together.

-W-


Quote:
> I'd like to take credit, but I had nothing to do with it.  I just arranged
> to represent US Windsurfing, Team USA and the two Junior Racing Camps by
> taking up space at the registration table.

> -Dan


>> Great news...congrats on making the event happen....

>> -WillV-



>>> Several rec dotters showed up to support our sport at the Cape Cod Wind
>>> Fest
>>> and Freestyle Frenzy.  I had the pleasure of seeing Ed Devereaux aka
>>> Weedfin, Ed Sinofksi who competed with success in the Freestyle Frenzy,
>>> Annie
>>> Phelan (who hooked me up with pizza and sunscreen at just he right
>>> moments)
>>> and Kevin Kan, who did a great job representing NP sails and JP boards.
>>> I also had a great chat with Marc Rosen and saw his terrific Sprinter
>>> van all decked out with racks and gear.  Marc also helped run the Tiga
>>> Toss, a traditional light wind alternative.

>>> Thanks to American Wind Sports Industries, the West Dennis Windsurfing
>>> Association, and all the vendors who made their gear available.  Special
>>> thanks to Phillip Mann of Inland Sea for bringing it all together!

>>> -Dan

 
 
 

rec dotters at Cape Cod Wind Fest and Freestyle Frenzy

Post by weed.. » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:54:02

Yup! I'd like to echo Dan's post. It was cool meeting a few rec.dotters
and friends from the old days.

I got to meet Dan, Kevin Kan, Marc Rosen and see Annie again who I have
known for years. Btw Marc... nice prison pants. (wink, wink) (nudge,
nudge) (eye roll) what did you do, pick up some escape convict on the
way up to the Cape?

Heard Kevin Kan had a blast doing some night sailing with one of our
young guns. Note to self: Make sure you bring the soundtrack to JAWS
next night sailing session.

Kodos to everyone who put this together at the last minute, fantastic
job. If they can put this together in a month I can't even imagine what
they can do in year. Again, job well done.

Hope to see more rec.dotters next year.

 
 
 

rec dotters at Cape Cod Wind Fest and Freestyle Frenzy

Post by weed.. » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:54:05

Yup! I'd like to echo Dan's post. It was cool meeting a few rec.dotters
and friends from the old days.

I got to meet Dan, Kevin Kan, Marc Rosen and see Annie again who I have
known for years. Btw Marc... nice prison pants. (wink, wink) (nudge,
nudge) (eye roll) what did you do, pick up some escape convict on the
way up to the Cape?

Heard Kevin Kan had a blast doing some night sailing with one of our
young guns. Note to self: Make sure you bring the soundtrack to JAWS
next night sailing session.

Kodos to everyone who put this together at the last minute, fantastic
job. If they can put this together in a month I can't even imagine what
they can do in year. Again, job well done.

Hope to see more rec.dotters next year.

 
 
 

rec dotters at Cape Cod Wind Fest and Freestyle Frenzy

Post by ssnodgr.. » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:58:10

It really was a great event.  I'd also like to thank Phil Mann and all
of those who made it happen.  Hopefully, we will get better
participation next year.  I sure had a great time.

Maybe next year, we could get the tower to announce a get together for
all rec.windsurfers.  It is neat to put a face with names.

Wasn't it great to see all the women who were taking the clinic with
Petra.  That is the largest female windsurfing group that I have ever
seen.

 
 
 

rec dotters at Cape Cod Wind Fest and Freestyle Frenzy

Post by marc rose » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:30:54

 I got to meet Dan, Kevin Kan, Marc Rosen and see Annie again who I
have
known for years. "Btw Marc... nice prison pants. (wink, wink) (nudge,
nudge) (eye roll) what did you do, pick up some escape convict on the
way up to the Cape? "

My parole officer was able to get me out for a few days.

        Marc