June 1 and TS Barry!

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Bill » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 06:59:02


Looks like we already have another named storm for 07...  May be a
busy year?!

Bill
http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Bill » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 07:27:14


Quote:
> Looks like we already have another named storm for 07...  May be a
> busy year?!

> Billhttp://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

Report is up!
http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

We have two more days of SW on tap...  Hopefully the swell holds?!

Bill

 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by weed.. » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 07:53:27


Quote:

> > Looks like we already have another named storm for 07...  May be a
> > busy year?!

> > Billhttp://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> Report is up!http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> We have two more days of SW on tap...  Hopefully the swell holds?!

> Bill

It's definitely been a busy year for the insurance companies tripling
home insurance rates on Cape Cod. Price gouging at it's finest. Hey,
someone has to pay for Katrina, that's why they call it insurance.

 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Erik » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:38:16

Bill, some day I will have to meet you. Thanks for your webpage, it
provides lots of entertainment-escape while at work.  I'm from the
raleigh-durham area, but yet a full windsurfing world apart.  I was
hoping to get some TS Barry Formula action  ;),  but NWS had it all
wrong.  My windsurfing afternoon turned into yardwork.

I just spent a week in avon and used mainly an 8.5!  The good news is
that I got my brother-in-law planing and I think he's hooked.  Keep us
posted on your good wave sailing-blog-beach-living-nights in rodanthe
stuff.  It's a service to the rest of us.

Maybe I will see you in the OBX.  (I will be sitting on the dune, not
in the Ocean)

 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Bill » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 23:06:45


Quote:
> Bill, some day I will have to meet you. Thanks for your webpage, it
> provides lots of entertainment-escape while at work.  I'm from the
> raleigh-durham area, but yet a full windsurfing world apart.  I was
> hoping to get some TS Barry Formula action  ;),  but NWS had it all
> wrong.  My windsurfing afternoon turned into yardwork.

> I just spent a week in avon and used mainly an 8.5!  The good news is
> that I got my brother-in-law planing and I think he's hooked.  Keep us
> posted on your good wave sailing-blog-beach-living-nights in rodanthe
> stuff.  It's a service to the rest of us.

> Maybe I will see you in the OBX.  (I will be sitting on the dune, not
> in the Ocean)

Thanks for the blog kudos Erik!  Next time you are here, send me an
email.

Yea, my goal for the blog is to keep you all informed of what is
happening here on the OBX.  Somewhat for news on local events/
happenings, and of course for a little vicarious living with the
windsurfing reports.  If you are here on vacation during a day for a
given report, then hopefully you scored.  If not, well you can see
what you missed.

All in all, its fun reporting the action here!

Bill
http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Bill » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:15:46


Quote:
> Looks like we already have another named storm for 07...  May be a
> busy year?!

> Billhttp://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

TS Barry Leftovers report is up!  Fun time!
Check it at:
http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

Bill

 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by wind.s » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:20:05

Quote:

>TS Barry Leftovers report is up!  Fun time!
>Check it at:
>http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

>Bill

Great stuff, love the video!
 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Alan Whit » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:53:37

I'm surprised it didn't have enough east in it to sail The Cove.

Wilmington was too close to the eye. Consequently, it was a skunk there.

Alan

Quote:

> > Looks like we already have another named storm for 07...  May be a
> > busy year?!

> > Billhttp://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> TS Barry Leftovers report is up!  Fun time!
> Check it at:
> http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> Bill

 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Bill » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 00:06:04



Quote:
> I'm surprised it didn't have enough east in it to sail The Cove.

> Wilmington was too close to the eye. Consequently, it was a skunk there.




> > > Looks like we already have another named storm for 07...  May be a
> > > busy year?!

> > > Billhttp://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> > TS Barry Leftovers report is up!  Fun time!
> > Check it at:
> >http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> > Bill

Actually the Cove did fire too on Monday; however, the kiteboarders
had that spot.  Reports noted about 30 kites up at the Cove.  I guess
with the latest kiteboarding gear (bow kites), high wind kiteboarding
is now possible, and since there were contests in town this week, many
pros hosted by Real were there.  Yesterday too, the Real crew and
visiting pros were out just off the ramp in Salvo.  The last photo
from yesterday's post shows all the kites in the air north of where we
were wavesailing.

Bill
http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Bill » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 00:47:08


Quote:


> > I'm surprised it didn't have enough east in it to sail The Cove.

> > Wilmington was too close to the eye. Consequently, it was a skunk there.




> > > > Looks like we already have another named storm for 07...  May be a
> > > > busy year?!

> > > > Billhttp://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> > > TS Barry Leftovers report is up!  Fun time!
> > > Check it at:
> > >http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> > > Bill

> Actually the Cove did fire too on Monday; however, the kiteboarders
> had that spot.  Reports noted about 30 kites up at the Cove.  I guess
> with the latest kiteboarding gear (bow kites), high wind kiteboarding
> is now possible, and since there were contests in town this week, many
> pros hosted by Real were there.  Yesterday too, the Real crew and
> visiting pros were out just off the ramp in Salvo.  The last photo
> from yesterday's post shows all the kites in the air north of where we
> were wavesailing.

> Billhttp://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

Correction: not Monday, but rather Sunday.
 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Alan Whit » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 02:18:14

Boy, kiters.

Have you seen the trailer for "Taking Davenport III" ?  Plug in "Taking
Davenport" in Youtube and you'll get the picture. I guess one day Trip will
come out with one called: Taking Hatteras.  In the Davenport video, if you
look closely, you'll see a kiter knocking a windsurfer off his board. I met
the windsurfer out in California. His comment for not suing (they also show
his license tag in the video and all but encourage kiters to vandalize his
vehicle) was that he just wanted to keep the peace. Man, I'd be contacting
Weiss, or lawyer buddy down here, so fast their heads would spin if one
knocked me over and it was on film.

Alan

Quote:



> > > I'm surprised it didn't have enough east in it to sail The Cove.

> > > Wilmington was too close to the eye. Consequently, it was a skunk
there.




> > > > > Looks like we already have another named storm for 07...  May be a
> > > > > busy year?!

> > > > > Billhttp://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> > > > TS Barry Leftovers report is up!  Fun time!
> > > > Check it at:
> > > >http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> > > > Bill

> > Actually the Cove did fire too on Monday; however, the kiteboarders
> > had that spot.  Reports noted about 30 kites up at the Cove.  I guess
> > with the latest kiteboarding gear (bow kites), high wind kiteboarding
> > is now possible, and since there were contests in town this week, many
> > pros hosted by Real were there.  Yesterday too, the Real crew and
> > visiting pros were out just off the ramp in Salvo.  The last photo
> > from yesterday's post shows all the kites in the air north of where we
> > were wavesailing.

> > Billhttp://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

> Correction: not Monday, but rather Sunday.

 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Bill » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 03:24:49



Quote:
> Boy, kiters.

> Have you seen the trailer for "Taking Davenport III" ?  Plug in "Taking
> Davenport" in Youtube and you'll get the picture. I guess one day Trip will
> come out with one called: Taking Hatteras.  In the Davenport video, if you
> look closely, you'll see a kiter knocking a windsurfer off his board. I met
> the windsurfer out in California. His comment for not suing (they also show
> his license tag in the video and all but encourage kiters to vandalize his
> vehicle) was that he just wanted to keep the peace. Man, I'd be contacting
> Weiss, or lawyer buddy down here, so fast their heads would spin if one
> knocked me over and it was on film.



I had two kiters at the Real camp help me unstick a mast yesterday
after the Salvo sesh.
There's love out there as long as we stay out of each other's way.

Interestingly though, I heard from the Cove kite session on Monday,
there were a number of seagulls being knocked out of the sky be kite
lines cutting though the air.  Apparently there were a number of birds
in the water along with kiteboarders.  That report was from a
kiteboarding buddy of mine who was there.

Bill
http://obxbeachlife.blogspot.com/

 
 
 

June 1 and TS Barry!

Post by Alan Whit » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 04:14:23


Quote:


> I had two kiters at the Real camp help me unstick a mast yesterday
> after the Salvo sesh.
> There's love out there as long as we stay out of each other's way.

I hear ya. I've got many kiter friends too. In fact, some launch from my own
backyard here at Lake Norman. I don't mind they doing so one bit because
they are so courteous, but, when I hear you say you didn't go to The Cove
because of all the kiters I begin to worry. That used to be one of my
favorite sites.

Quote:

> Interestingly though, I heard from the Cove kite session on Monday,
> there were a number of seagulls being knocked out of the sky be kite
> lines cutting though the air.  Apparently there were a number of birds
> in the water along with kiteboarders.  That report was from a
> kiteboarding buddy of mine who was there.

Wonder how the fishermen cope.

Alan