New Exocet Pacer 300 Video - Sailing in December

New Exocet Pacer 300 Video - Sailing in December

Post by Frank Scotell » Wed, 20 Dec 2006 03:59:23


I never thought I'd be sailing any more this season here in Illinois. This
last Saturday was a real treat.  It was just what I needed after a week of
final exams, and paper deadlines.  The water was 55 degrees, and the air
temp was about the same.  It wasn't quite windy enough for my windsurfing
buddy, so he took post behind the video camera to catch the Exocet Pacer 300
on video once again.  This video is quite a bit more lively than the last.
Consider this a holiday gift, since I can't send all of you cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKUZRibvPI
"Part II of the Exocet Pacer Video Series. Watch this hybrid come 'Alive' in
this video from windsurfillinois.com. Location: Clinton Lake, IL. Filmed by:
Reid Fillman. Edited by: Frank Scotello."

Frank Scotello USA414
http://www.scotello.com
http://www.windsurfillinois.com

 
 
 

New Exocet Pacer 300 Video - Sailing in December

Post by Michae » Wed, 20 Dec 2006 06:48:22

Lake sailors rule!

I like the launch that you have in the video...sailing through a c***
to make the lake.   You've got the board for it, that's for sure.

Re "end of the season" thoughts, never say never!  I used to pack it up
in November, but in recent years I've broken through to January
(haven't had a February sesh yet) on Long Island waters.   December has
been pretty good so far!

-Michael
www.peconicpuffin.com

Quote:

> I never thought I'd be sailing any more this season here in Illinois. This
> last Saturday was a real treat.  It was just what I needed after a week of
> final exams, and paper deadlines.  The water was 55 degrees, and the air
> temp was about the same.  It wasn't quite windy enough for my windsurfing
> buddy, so he took post behind the video camera to catch the Exocet Pacer 300
> on video once again.  This video is quite a bit more lively than the last.
> Consider this a holiday gift, since I can't send all of you cards.

> http://SportToday.org/
> "Part II of the Exocet Pacer Video Series. Watch this hybrid come 'Alive' in
> this video from windsurfillinois.com. Location: Clinton Lake, IL. Filmed by:
> Reid Fillman. Edited by: Frank Scotello."

> Frank Scotello USA414
> http://SportToday.org/
> http://SportToday.org/


 
 
 

New Exocet Pacer 300 Video - Sailing in December

Post by morefor.. » Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:27:12

Nice job on the video.  Probably generally more fun to do than to
watch, but I liked watching the board start to rail in the gusts.  More
shots of tacks/jibes/helis etc for future!  Any idea of the speeds?
Any of the fishermen express any interest?  Centreboard sure helps to
get to the wind.

 
 
 

New Exocet Pacer 300 Video - Sailing in December

Post by Frank Scotell » Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:28:36

If I could jibe worth a damn I would have certainly put it in the video.
I've only been windsurfing for a year and half now, so I'll have to admit
that watching me isn't all that fun.  The fisherman were probably more
pissed than interested since I kept buzzing the shoreline where they were
fishing.  I'll have to get back to you on speeds, I only carried my gps
receiver during a later run when the wind had died down quite a bit.

Frank Scotello USA414
http://www.scotello.com
http://www.windsurfillinois.com


Quote:
> Nice job on the video.  Probably generally more fun to do than to
> watch, but I liked watching the board start to rail in the gusts.  More
> shots of tacks/jibes/helis etc for future!  Any idea of the speeds?
> Any of the fishermen express any interest?  Centreboard sure helps to
> get to the wind.

 
 
 

New Exocet Pacer 300 Video - Sailing in December

Post by Zephy » Thu, 21 Dec 2006 03:29:50

Quote:

> If I could jibe worth a damn I would have certainly put it in the video.
> I've only been windsurfing for a year and half now, so I'll have to admit
> that watching me isn't all that fun.  The fisherman were probably more
> pissed than interested since I kept buzzing the shoreline where they were
> fishing.  I'll have to get back to you on speeds, I only carried my gps
> receiver during a later run when the wind had died down quite a bit.

> Frank Scotello USA414
> http://www.scotello.com
> http://www.windsurfillinois.com

Frank,  Nice video,  it looked like fun.  I'm in Michigan and was also
hoping to get out that saturday as it was unseasonably warm and windy
here too.  Unfourtuantly family Christmas parties took priority.  :(
I'm curious what size sail you rigged,  (I missed it in the opening
shots, i thought I saw 520 on the mast though)  and how much wind there
was.

Dave

 
 
 

New Exocet Pacer 300 Video - Sailing in December

Post by rod. » Thu, 21 Dec 2006 05:05:52

Thanks for the video Frank.

I'd say you were doing very well for that amount of experience.

 I was interested because I just bought an Exocet Kona but had the
choice of a Pacer Pro 300 as well. I went with the Kona because I
thought it would be a more versatile board, (which I think it's proving
to be), and less like the FF158 it replaced.

Dave, looks to me like it's a 9.5 Mauisails MS2?

 
 
 

New Exocet Pacer 300 Video - Sailing in December

Post by Frank Scotell » Fri, 22 Dec 2006 02:24:29

You're right. It's an MS2 9.5 on a SRS 75% 520 mast.


Quote:
> Thanks for the video Frank.

> I'd say you were doing very well for that amount of experience.

> I was interested because I just bought an Exocet Kona but had the
> choice of a Pacer Pro 300 as well. I went with the Kona because I
> thought it would be a more versatile board, (which I think it's proving
> to be), and less like the FF158 it replaced.

> Dave, looks to me like it's a 9.5 Mauisails MS2?