Wine Articles

Wine Articles

Post by Patrick Cla » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00


Hello,

My name is Patrick Clay and currently in the process of laying out a new
magazine about fine beverages. The magazine will be cover a variety of
areas to include
1)Premium Liquor (Ex. Whiskey)
2)Wines (All regions)
3)Microbrews

These areas will be supplemented with articles about Travel,Food and
Music.

I am currently accepting articles related to any of the above articles.

The magazine (real paper) will be published every two months and each
issue will be based on a particular region of the world. The magazine
will have advertisments

The magazine will be supplemented with an online Web Show that will be
updated on a weekly basis. The Web Show will appear in more than one
language

We will offer $50 to $250 (ndersatnd we are new) for each article
depending on length and topic. Please keep articles under 1000 words. We
will not accept articles that markets any one product or producer. We
will pay 30 days after publication. Please no phone calls. Contact us by
e-mail with a summary of the proposed article your name, phone number
and address

Our primary target audience will be people 25 to 40 years.

Please feel free to submit comments if you do not want to submit
articles.

There will be a Whats Happening type section in both the Magazine and
Web Show.

 
 
 

Wine Articles

Post by Charles Thoma » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00

<Snip a bunch of bullshit>

Quote:
>Please feel free to submit comments if you do not want to submit
>articles.

Ahhh!  Here lies the rub...  <evil grin>
--
Charles Thomas
Member: Sky Knights SPC
USPA Licence: D-18226

SKYDIVING: GRAVITY-POWERED ADVENTURE!

 
 
 

Wine Articles

Post by nlwtf.. » Sat, 23 Nov 1996 04:00:00

This guy seems to have misread our Newsgroup title.
It's "winDsurfing", not winEsurfing.
Mike \m/
Never Leave Wind To Find Wind

 
 
 

Wine Articles

Post by hugh » Sat, 23 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hello,

> My name is Patrick Clay and currently in the process of laying out a new
> magazine
> <snip some bullshit>  Contact us by
> e-mail with a summary of the proposed article your name, phone number
> and address

<snip MORE bullshit>

mr. clay,

i would like to submit an article about idiots posting non relevant spam
on newsgroups and how they are pissing people off with their meaningless
drivel.  it would run to no more than 100 words plus a two word
conclusion - "F*** OFF"

thank you

hugh

 
 
 

Wine Articles

Post by Ken Sternbe » Sat, 23 Nov 1996 04:00:00


Quote:

> i would like to submit an article about idiots posting non relevant spam
> on newsgroups and how they are pissing people off with their meaningless
> drivel.  it would run to no more than 100 words plus a two word
> conclusion - "F*** OFF"

I'm as much against irrelevant posts in this group as you are, but I think
your reaction is overblown here.
His magazine covers wine and this would seem a logical place to find
qualified people. He's also not asking for money or selling anything
(directly, at least).
 
 
 

Wine Articles

Post by Chuck Nar » Sun, 24 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> I'm as much against irrelevant posts in this group as you are, but I think
> your reaction is overblown here.
> His magazine covers wine and this would seem a logical place to find
> qualified people. He's also not asking for money or selling anything
> (directly, at least).

um, please check out where "this place" is:

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine,alt.food.professionals,misc.writing,rec.food.drink,
rec.food.drink.beer,rec.windsurfing,rec.skydiving,rec.skiing,rec.scuba

those of us on, say, rec.scuba might disagree with you.

<followups supressed>

cheers,
chuck/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
| Chuck Narad -- diver/adventurer/engineer                         |
|                                                                  |
|   "Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  And today?     |
|   Today is a gift.  That's why we call it The Present."          |
|                         - Babatunde Olatunji                     |
--------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Wine Articles

Post by WildThi » Sun, 24 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>I'm as much against irrelevant posts in this group as you are, but I think
>your reaction is overblown here.
>His magazine covers wine and this would seem a logical place to find
>qualified people. He's also not asking for money or selling anything
>(directly, at least).

OH!!! _wine_ *slapping forehead....I thought he meant _whine_ no wonder I wasn't surprised
to find that header in the list I figured he just misspelled :-))))

--
     \\\\|////
      \\\|///
        ^ ^

         |
       \___/

     WildThing