Extreme Sports Survey
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. Its purpose is
to provide four students in a marketing class some information for a
presentation they will be doing in December. We four students makeup
Your Mom Consulting, a purely fictitious business, that will be giving a
presentation to a man who will be developing a company based in part on
our recomendations. Feel free to add comments to your reply as well as
forwarding this survey to other friends you think would be interested.
Your cooperation is very much appreciated.
1. What is your age?
2. What is your sex?
3. Are you married or single?
4. Where do you live? (Please specify city, state and country)
5. Which of the following extreme sport or sports do you participate
in? Indicate with a double X (XX) your main sport if any.
6. Roughly, how much do you spend a year on the hardware used for your
sport(s)? (please specify which sports)
Which Sport Amount Spent
7. How much do you spend on rental/usage fees a year for your sport(s)?
8. What is your annual income?
9. What is your profession?
11. Please rate on a scale of 1-10 the importance you place on the
following qualities when purchasing extreme sports equipment. (1=Not
Important, 10=Highly Important)
Recommendation from salesperson-
Recommendation from others-
12. Where do you purchase most of your equipment? Large retail stores
(K-mart, Wal-mart, Target) Retail sporting stores (Sportmart, Sport
Chalet, Big 5) or Small specialty stores? (Skate shops, Surf shops, Ski
13. Approximately how much money, annually, do you spend on products
ordered out of a catalog?
14. When purchasing a product, do you feel its important for that
product to have related accessories made by the same company?
15. Please approximate the percentage of the time that you enter a
store knowing the brand you wish to buy before you enter the store.
Thank you for filling out our survey. Reply to
wouldnt mind filling this out, please e-mail it to them as well.
Julian Jones, VP, YM Consulting