I am a graduate student of McGill (Montreal, Canada), and I am in charge
of a project dealing with sailboard wishbone grip and sailboard shell
Some people may be interested in these subjects and might be able to
give me very useful information. In the following is presented more
accurate description of what type of information I am looking for.
For the wishbone grip item, I have to know all I can about the object
fixed on the aluminum part of the wishbone :
- the materials that are used to make it, advantages and drawbacks in
performance, mechanical resistance, cost, etc...
- additives : type, amount and cost
- the process used to manufacture it : the process itself, time of a
production cycle, cost
- mechanical tests that are carried out on such a material
- brand name.
For the sailboard shell, I am supposed to find information about a
polyethylene shell processed by extrusion blow molding :
- brand name
- machine and mold : type, cost
- cost per unit
- special reinforced points if any
- type of mechanical test that are carried out
- additives : name, amount and cost
- comparison between thermoforming and extrusion blow molding in terms
of cost, performances, marketing (advantages and drawbacks)
- comparison between polyethylene and other materials.
Thanks to you all.