EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by Ale » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:44:51


I ordered a Infinity 6.0 but than friends of me said i have to take
the WAVE SE in 5,8.. The Problem is WAVE SE is only in 5,8 and than in
6,3 so i cant replace my Gaastra Pulse Pro 6,0 just like that. I have
a JP Board with 78ltr Volume and another RRD with 96ltr Volume.
A friend of me said the WAVE 5.8 will not have the power of my 6.0
Gaastra..is normal because is only 5.8....can i ride without problems
with Infinity 6.0 in the waves on my JP>
thank you for answering me..i have no idea what to do..

Alex

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by Dan Weis » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 03:17:12

The Gaastra Pulse Pro will not have the same top end control as the Wave SE
6.3.  You probably will find that the larger Ezzy will give as much power
but allow tuning for even higher winds than the Pulse Pro which is a pure
freestyle sail.  Unless you run into mast or boom issues, I'd go with the
Ezzy Wave SE 6.3.  Skip the Infinity unless you just want to sail out
through smaller waves but not play on them.  The Infinities cam and batten
selection make it unsuitable for regular wavesailing.

-Dan

Quote:
>I ordered a Infinity 6.0 but than friends of me said i have to take
> the WAVE SE in 5,8.. The Problem is WAVE SE is only in 5,8 and than in
> 6,3 so i cant replace my Gaastra Pulse Pro 6,0 just like that. I have
> a JP Board with 78ltr Volume and another RRD with 96ltr Volume.
> A friend of me said the WAVE 5.8 will not have the power of my 6.0
> Gaastra..is normal because is only 5.8....can i ride without problems
> with Infinity 6.0 in the waves on my JP>
> thank you for answering me..i have no idea what to do..

> Alex


 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by Glenn Woode » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:44:21

I think you'll find the SE to be pretty gutsy and powerful. I use a 6.6
Infinity and jump to a 5.2 SE Wave with no problems with power. You'll
probably prefer the SE in chop and waves as the slightly higher cut will keep
it out of the water. Although it is labeled as a wave sail it will scream on
flat water. I've had four Infinities and about 10 SE's over the past several
years. The only damamge I have sustained with either has been from cuts from
rocks and barnacles.

Glenn



Quote:

>I ordered a Infinity 6.0 but than friends of me said i have to take
>the WAVE SE in 5,8.. The Problem is WAVE SE is only in 5,8 and than in
>6,3 so i cant replace my Gaastra Pulse Pro 6,0 just like that. I have
>a JP Board with 78ltr Volume and another RRD with 96ltr Volume.
>A friend of me said the WAVE 5.8 will not have the power of my 6.0
>Gaastra..is normal because is only 5.8....can i ride without problems
>with Infinity 6.0 in the waves on my JP>
>thank you for answering me..i have no idea what to do..

>Alex


 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by wsurf » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:10:21

I've had four Infinities and about 10 SE's over the past several

Quote:
> years. > Glenn

Glenn:

I picked out a '04 Ezzy Wave SE 4.5 for insane high wind fun. I sailed
one in the Gorge this summer and loved it. Rolling it up and stuffing
it in the provided bag is no fun with that integrated mast pad (my only
gripe). I wish it had a "***" cord, as I have to roll it up so
tight to get it to fit. Know any good tricks?

Mark

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by Glenn Woode » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:30:18

Oh gosh it's really easy once you get it right. Let's see if I can explain it.
Roll it up as usual until you get to the pad. Rather than wrap the pad, fold
it down along the side of the roll. You should see signs of a fold there
already if it has been put away correctly not too long ago. Then take the tack
strap and wrap it around the rolled up sail, pad and all, and it should end up
right at the loop part to which it attaches when rigged. Does that make sense?
I'll go shoot a picture of mine and post it in a few minutes.

Glenn



Quote:

>I picked out a '04 Ezzy Wave SE 4.5 for insane high wind fun. I sailed
>one in the Gorge this summer and loved it. Rolling it up and stuffing
>it in the provided bag is no fun with that integrated mast pad (my only
>gripe). I wish it had a "***" cord, as I have to roll it up so
>tight to get it to fit. Know any good tricks?

>Mark

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by Glenn Woode » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:58:33

Check out the sequence at http://SportToday.org/
the sail over a little for each shot. Notice how the tack strap goes around
the folded mast base pad and attaches back to itself. Very nicely done and
very ingenious. The Infinities are made the same way.

Glenn


Quote:

>Oh gosh it's really easy once you get it right. Let's see if I can explain
it.
>Roll it up as usual until you get to the pad. Rather than wrap the pad, fold
>it down along the side of the roll. You should see signs of a fold there
>already if it has been put away correctly not too long ago. Then take the
tack
>strap and wrap it around the rolled up sail, pad and all, and it should end
up
>right at the loop part to which it attaches when rigged. Does that make
sense?
>I'll go shoot a picture of mine and post it in a few minutes.

>Glenn



>>I picked out a '04 Ezzy Wave SE 4.5 for insane high wind fun. I sailed
>>one in the Gorge this summer and loved it. Rolling it up and stuffing
>>it in the provided bag is no fun with that integrated mast pad (my only
>>gripe). I wish it had a "***" cord, as I have to roll it up so
>>tight to get it to fit. Know any good tricks?

>>Mark

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by wsurf » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:22:46

Quote:

> Check out the sequence at http://www.windvisions.com/SE_Wave/. I just
rolled
> the sail over a little for each shot. Notice how the tack strap goes
around
> the folded mast base pad and attaches back to itself. Very nicely
done and
> very ingenious. The Infinities are made the same way.

> Glenn

Thanks for the immediate response with photos! I went out in the dark,
and tried again, but it did not work right. Then I rolled from the
other side and the velcro ended up on the outside of the tack, and all
is well. It slid right in.

Thanks for cracking the riddle for me.

Mark

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by Glenn Woode » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:29:04

Ah yes. I forgot to mention to roll it logo side up.

Glenn



Quote:


>> Check out the sequence at http://www.windvisions.com/SE_Wave/. I just
>rolled
>> the sail over a little for each shot. Notice how the tack strap goes
>around
>> the folded mast base pad and attaches back to itself. Very nicely
>done and
>> very ingenious. The Infinities are made the same way.

>> Glenn

>Thanks for the immediate response with photos! I went out in the dark,
>and tried again, but it did not work right. Then I rolled from the
>other side and the velcro ended up on the outside of the tack, and all
>is well. It slid right in.

>Thanks for cracking the riddle for me.

>Mark

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by WARDO » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:40:30


Rolling it up and stuffing
 >>>it in the provided bag is no fun with that integrated mast pad (my only
 >>>gripe). I wish it had a "***" cord, as I have to roll it up so
 >>>tight to get it to fit. Know any good tricks?

Quote:

> Check out the sequence at http://SportToday.org/
> the sail over a little for each shot. Notice how the tack strap goes around
> the folded mast base pad and attaches back to itself. Very nicely done and
> very ingenious. The Infinities are made the same way.

Must not be that ingenious or intuitive if an experienced sailor like
Mark had difficulty figuring that out...here's a better mousetrap...the
Aerotechs and Severnes have the "***" cord feature integrated into
the foot of the sail, to keep sail rolled up, that is a no-brainer...

Instructions: Roll up sail and loop the bungee over the keeper disk.

http://SportToday.org/
http://SportToday.org/
http://SportToday.org/
http://SportToday.org/

WARDOG
http://SportToday.org/

Quote:

> Glenn


>>Oh gosh it's really easy once you get it right. Let's see if I can explain

> it.

>>Roll it up as usual until you get to the pad. Rather than wrap the pad, fold
>>it down along the side of the roll. You should see signs of a fold there
>>already if it has been put away correctly not too long ago. Then take the

> tack

>>strap and wrap it around the rolled up sail, pad and all, and it should end

> up

>>right at the loop part to which it attaches when rigged. Does that make

> sense?

>>I'll go shoot a picture of mine and post it in a few minutes.

>>Glenn



>>>I picked out a '04 Ezzy Wave SE 4.5 for insane high wind fun. I sailed
>>>one in the Gorge this summer and loved it. Rolling it up and stuffing
>>>it in the provided bag is no fun with that integrated mast pad (my only
>>>gripe). I wish it had a "***" cord, as I have to roll it up so
>>>tight to get it to fit. Know any good tricks?

>>>Mark

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by MTVNewsG » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 04:31:21

Gaastras have these too.   When it was first demonstrated to me, my reaction
was "who cares...I'm worried about how the sail is on the water.   I ended up
buying one, and I LOVE that feature.   The rolled sails take up much less space
when they're that tight.

Wardog wrote<< ..here's a better mousetrap...the
Aerotechs and Severnes have the "***" cord feature integrated into
the foot of the sail, to keep sail rolled up, that is a no-brainer...

Instructions: Roll up sail and loop the bungee over the keeper disk.

http://SportToday.org/
http://SportToday.org/
http://SportToday.org/
http://SportToday.org/

WARDOG
http://SportToday.org/

Quote:

> Glenn


>>Oh gosh it's really easy once you get it right. Let's see if I can explain

> it.

>>Roll it up as usual until you get to the pad. Rather than wrap the pad, fold
>>it down along the side of the roll. You should see signs of a fold there
>>already if it has been put away correctly not too long ago. Then take the

> tack

>>strap and wrap it around the rolled up sail, pad and all, and it should end

> up

>>right at the loop part to which it attaches when rigged. Does that make

> sense?

>>I'll go shoot a picture of mine and post it in a few minutes.

>>Glenn



>>>I picked out a '04 Ezzy Wave SE 4.5 for insane high wind fun. I sailed
>>>one in the Gorge this summer and loved it. Rolling it up and stuffing
>>>it in the provided bag is no fun with that integrated mast pad (my only
>>>gripe). I wish it had a "***" cord, as I have to roll it up so
>>>tight to get it to fit. Know any good tricks?

>>>Mark

 >>

Michael  

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by wsurf » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 06:03:22

Yep, the "stap on" is one of those little things that you just end up
loving. I wished all my sails had it, and it looks like they eventually
will. I used to complain that the sailmakers were stingy with the cloth
making the bag. You defintely don't want to stuff monofilm, and if it
is windy or sandy, you dont want to unroll it. Add adverse or cold
weather to the equasion, and you become pretty thankful.

Glenn has got me set straight now. I thought I was going to cut off
that integrated mast pad out of frustration. All is good. The build
quality on the Ezzys are impressive and there is a lot to love. I had a
blast sailing them in the gorge and was impressed enough, I hated to
give them back to the rental center at the end of my trip.

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by WARDO » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:07:37

Quote:

> Yep, the "stap on" is one of those little things that you just end up
> loving. I wished all my sails had it, and it looks like they eventually
> will. I used to complain that the sailmakers were stingy with the cloth
> making the bag. You defintely don't want to stuff monofilm, and if it
> is windy or sandy, you dont want to unroll it. Add adverse or cold
> weather to the equasion, and you become pretty thankful.

The Aerotech sail bags are bomber...
http://surfingsports.com/images/aerotech_sail_bags.jpg

Severne Sails has really stepped up their sail and bag program this year...
Quality is attention to detail and striving for excellence...and they
are really busting a move:

http://www.surfingsports.com/severne_05.asp

New Severne sail bags...
http://surfingsports.com/images/severne_sailbag1.jpg
http://surfingsports.com/images/severne_sailbag2.jpg
http://surfingsports.com/images/severne_sailbag3.jpg

They have continued their impressive integrated mast pad from last year
and improved it by eliminating the neoprene fairing:

http://surfingsports.com/images/severne_quality.jpg

Leading edge technology...
http://www.surfingsports.com/severne_technology.asp

http://surfingsports.com/images/severne_mastpad.jpg
http://surfingsports.com/images/severne_mastpad1.jpg

Kevlar head protection...
http://surfingsports.com/images/severne_kevlar_head.jpg

Gorgeous , wrinkle-free foils...even my most anal, perfectionist, socks
screwed on tight/trains run on time customers are impressed...;-)

They won the World Wave championship and set the World Production speed
record...and Jesper Orth has been going off on the race course...
http://www.severnesails.com/index.asp

http://www.surfingsports.com/images/severne_starboard.gif

WARDOG
http://www.surfingsports.com

Quote:

> Glenn has got me set straight now. I thought I was going to cut off
> that integrated mast pad out of frustration. All is good. The build
> quality on the Ezzys are impressive and there is a lot to love. I had a
> blast sailing them in the gorge and was impressed enough, I hated to
> give them back to the rental center at the end of my trip.

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by Don Coyot » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:38:26

Strangely enough, I had the same problem a few days ago, the difference
being that I own a 2004 Infinity 6.0, but I was thinking about a 5.8 SE for
bumpier conditions (I'm more than happy with my 5.2 SE)

Anyway, after a 3 hr morning session Christmas day with the Infinity (cams
in) during which I was uncomfortable, and a 2 hr afternoon sess on the 5.2,
I removed the cams from the 6.0 for a session in a slightly lighter breeze
(17-21 kts vs 22-27)

Result? Suddenly the 6.0 felt much better, so I'll save my pennies. And the
Ezzy is faster with the cams in in blasting conditions than the Nitro 6.6
2003 that it replaced. And it'll last longer!

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by Glenn Woode » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:39:54

You can Google earlier threads by me on this but try putting just the bottom
cam back in and let us know how it worked. You'll love it!

Glenn


says...

Quote:

>Strangely enough, I had the same problem a few days ago, the difference
>being that I own a 2004 Infinity 6.0, but I was thinking about a 5.8 SE for
>bumpier conditions (I'm more than happy with my 5.2 SE)

>Anyway, after a 3 hr morning session Christmas day with the Infinity (cams
>in) during which I was uncomfortable, and a 2 hr afternoon sess on the 5.2,
>I removed the cams from the 6.0 for a session in a slightly lighter breeze
>(17-21 kts vs 22-27)

>Result? Suddenly the 6.0 felt much better, so I'll save my pennies. And the
>Ezzy is faster with the cams in in blasting conditions than the Nitro 6.6
>2003 that it replaced. And it'll last longer!

 
 
 

EZZY INFINITY 6.0 vs EZZY WAVE SE 5.8?

Post by Glenn Woode » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:44:13

You mean the winner of the event was using their sails. Severn would like you
to think that their sail did the winning of course. Who wouldn't?

Glenn


Quote:

>They won the World Wave championship and set the World Production speed
>record...and Jesper Orth has been going off on the race course...
>http://www.severnesails.com/index.asp