I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by Dave » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:05:28


Snow or Gravity?
 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by vern9 » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:56:29



Quote:
> Snow or Gravity?

I'd have to go with "Gravity," Dave, 'cause without that, the snow would
just stay up in clouds.

Dave #9  Resedent Jeenus

 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by Timo » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:13:55

But without gravity, you could ski on the clouds.
Timo


Quote:


> > Snow or Gravity?

> I'd have to go with "Gravity," Dave, 'cause without that, the snow would
> just stay up in clouds.

> Dave #9  Resedent Jeenus


 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by Timo » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:17:25

Of course, it would be nordic-cloud-skiing, not alpine-cloud-skiing.
Timo


Quote:
> But without gravity, you could ski on the clouds.
> Timo





> > > Snow or Gravity?

> > I'd have to go with "Gravity," Dave, 'cause without that, the snow would
> > just stay up in clouds.

> > Dave #9  Resedent Jeenus

 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by Harry Weine » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:26:08


this crap:

Quote:
>But without gravity, you could ski on the clouds.

And you wouldn't need the lifts, or a lift ticket.


My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by FHemmer2 » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:34:51

Quote:

>>But without gravity, you could ski on the clouds.
>And you wouldn't need the lifts, or a lift ticket.

and we would get a new newsgroup without...........................

Fred

 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by vern9 » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:39:24


Quote:





> > > Snow or Gravity?

> > I'd have to go with "Gravity," Dave, 'cause without that, the snow would
> > just stay up in clouds.

> > Dave #9  Resedent Jeenus
> But without gravity, you could ski on the clouds.
> Timo

Yeah, but then everybody'd be complaining about how I cut up the fog and
squash all the clouds on my snowboard.
 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by gr » Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:50:37

Quote:

> Snow or Gravity?

Definitely snow, only sissies rely only on gravity for ski joy (current
xc skier, taking the downhill plunge (pun intended) this year).

(it is snowing right now!!! (but onto way too warm a ground surface)
gr

 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by lal_trucke » Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:59:01

Quote:







>>>>Snow or Gravity?

>>>I'd have to go with "Gravity," Dave, 'cause without that, the snow would
>>>just stay up in clouds.

>>>Dave #9  Resedent Jeenus

>>But without gravity, you could ski on the clouds.
>>Timo

> Yeah, but then everybody'd be complaining about how I cut up the fog and
> squash all the clouds on my snowboard.

There won't be any boards in clowd-heaven. Better learn to ski.

Actually, anyone tried sky-diving with a board straped to your feet? I
see videos of it, occasionally - usually French. This thread reminded me...

 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by ant » Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:05:25



Quote:
> But without gravity, you could ski on the clouds.
> Timo

What sort of wax would you use for that?

ant

 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by ant » Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:06:59



Quote:
> Actually, anyone tried sky-diving with a board straped to your feet? I
> see videos of it, occasionally - usually French. This thread reminded

me...

They used to do a lot of that here in the 90s. There was a early 90s (or
earlier?) Coke ad where a bloke sky-surfs into an outback shop, quite
spectacular.

ant

 
 
 

I am not sure which I am more Thankful for-

Post by Timo » Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:32:37

Personally, I'd use beeswax, though you could cook down some Neutrogena
waterproof mascara.
Timo


Quote:



> > But without gravity, you could ski on the clouds.
> > Timo

> What sort of wax would you use for that?

> ant