Easyjet Geneva queue

Easyjet Geneva queue

Post by Michael Char » Mon, 24 Dec 2012 18:52:07


Yesterday the Easyjet queue s*** round the zone 5 end of the
departures hall, all the way down the hall and out of the zone 1
entrance. I don't suppose that this is a record!

On the +ve side this was the first time in four years that our flight at
18:45 to Gatwick was not cancelled.

 
 
 

Easyjet Geneva queue

Post by The Older Gentlem » Mon, 24 Dec 2012 21:39:56

Quote:

> Yesterday the Easyjet queue s*** round the zone 5 end of the
> departures hall, all the way down the hall and out of the zone 1
> entrance. I don't suppose that this is a record!

> On the +ve side this was the first time in four years that our flight at
> 18:45 to Gatwick was not cancelled.

British Airways scheduled, booked well in advance, is sometimes cheaper,
and generally not much more, and doesn't have all the Easyjet
disadvantages.

Oh, and this year has been booked for a family of four on the frequent
flyer miles, so free, which is even better....

--
Honda CB400 Four x3  Triumph Street Triple  Ducati 800SS
BMW K100RS  Yamaha 660 Tenere  Suzuki GN250, TS250ER x3
So many bikes, so little garage space....
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com

 
 
 

Easyjet Geneva queue

Post by Ace » Tue, 25 Dec 2012 18:33:03


Quote:

>Oh, and this year has been booked for a family of four on the frequent
>flyer miles, so free, which is even better....

Not "free" though, if it's BA, as you still have to pay all the taxes
with real money. Swiss/Lufthansa Miles&More miles allow you to use
miles for the tax parts too.

Anyway, where are you off to - the usual cheepskate Bareges?
--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
All opinions expressed are those of the poster and in no way reflect those of the Ski Club or its members

 
 
 

Easyjet Geneva queue

Post by The Older Gentlem » Tue, 25 Dec 2012 19:03:21

Quote:

> Not "free" though, if it's BA, as you still have to pay all the taxes
> with real money.

Ours was 20 a head. Doesn't Sleazyjet charge that for a suitcase or
summat?

You're right, though - some rewards schemes are more generous. OTOH,
Anne and I are both BA Silver, so we get an extra baggage allownace
(very useful, is that), and access to the BA lounge at LHR, plus one
guest each, so that takes care of everything.

Quote:
> Anyway, where are you off to - the usual cheepskate Bareges?

Les Portes du Soleil, on 5 January. Staying in Avoriaz.

--
Honda CB400 Four x3  Triumph Street Triple  Ducati 800SS
BMW K100RS  Yamaha 660 Tenere  Suzuki GN250, TS250ER x3
So many bikes, so little garage space....
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com

 
 
 

Easyjet Geneva queue

Post by Michael Char » Wed, 26 Dec 2012 02:24:45


Quote:

>> Not "free" though, if it's BA, as you still have to pay all the taxes
>> with real money.

> Ours was 20 a head. Doesn't Sleazyjet charge that for a suitcase or
> summat?

> You're right, though - some rewards schemes are more generous. OTOH,
> Anne and I are both BA Silver, so we get an extra baggage allownace
> (very useful, is that), and access to the BA lounge at LHR, plus one
> guest each, so that takes care of everything.

>> Anyway, where are you off to - the usual cheepskate Bareges?

> Les Portes du Soleil, on 5 January. Staying in Avoriaz.

One of my better efforts was to get my business class ticket from
Washington to London upgraded to Concorde.  Apart from the upgrade I
also got the Concorde airmile allowance. Enough for a return trip to
Zurich with the family.
 
 
 

Easyjet Geneva queue

Post by Ace » Wed, 26 Dec 2012 18:53:00


Quote:

>You're right, though - some rewards schemes are more generous. OTOH,
>Anne and I are both BA Silver, so we get an extra baggage allownace
>(very useful, is that), and access to the BA lounge at LHR, plus one
>guest each, so that takes care of everything.

I briefly, i.e. for one year, had Gold BA exec club status, so I could
use the 'other' BA lounge at T5. The one where there's a choice of 5
champagnes and full la carte dining all included...

I used to time my trips back from the US to ensure I had four or five
hours at LHR just to get the max benefit from it...

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
All opinions expressed are those of the poster and in no way reflect those of the Ski Club or its members