Marker M4.1 SC2 Binding, Good or not???

Marker M4.1 SC2 Binding, Good or not???

Post by twohors » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 02:45:23


Hi, my friends:
    I got a good deal for a pair of new Marker M4.1 SC2 binding($60)
from a local store.  It's a couple of years old model but brand new.
I heard of SC(Select Control) and like the idea.  Just never try that
before.  Does anyone here have real experience of this binding or SC
type of Marker binding?
    Thanks for your help.

Dennis

 
 
 

Marker M4.1 SC2 Binding, Good or not???

Post by David Glo » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:04:26


Quote:
> Hi, my friends:
>     I got a good deal for a pair of new Marker M4.1 SC2 binding($60)
> from a local store.  It's a couple of years old model but brand new.
> I heard of SC(Select Control) and like the idea.  Just never try that
> before.  Does anyone here have real experience of this binding or SC
> type of Marker binding?
>     Thanks for your help.

> Dennis

They aren't bad bindings, especially considering the price you paid.
However, they ARE heavy. The SC feature sounds great, but of questionable
real merit. If it tells you anything, I don't think Marker still sells a SC
binding.

DLGlos

 
 
 

Marker M4.1 SC2 Binding, Good or not???

Post by Scott Abraha » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 03:03:36

If it is a SC2, you got the Marker 41, not the 4.1, which is a newer model.
The 41 actually was a couple of notches up the food chain from the 4.1,
which is a bunny binding.  I've got a pair on my rock skis, never had a
problem with them.
Quote:

> Hi, my friends:
> I got a good deal for a pair of new Marker M4.1 SC2 binding($60)
> from a local store.  It's a couple of years old model but brand new.
> I heard of SC(Select Control) and like the idea.  Just never try that
> before.  Does anyone here have real experience of this binding or SC
> type of Marker binding?
> Thanks for your help.

> Dennis


 
 
 

Marker M4.1 SC2 Binding, Good or not???

Post by Sushi Grade Por » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 03:09:33


Quote:

>> I heard of SC(Select Control) and like the idea.  Just never try that
>> before.  Does anyone here have real experience of this binding or SC
>> type of Marker binding?
> However, they ARE heavy. The SC feature sounds great, but of questionable
> real merit. If it tells you anything, I don't think Marker still sells a SC
> binding.

Sure they do.. in fact, you can add SC to any Marker binding. see
http://www.markeri.com/markerinterfaces.htm  
However, I wouldnt let the presence or absence of it drive my decision.  I
have it, and don't feel it changes the ski feel very much, no matter which
setting I use.

Dan

--
Microsoft Haiku #160:

        Chaos reigns within.
        Reflect, repent, and reboot.
        Order shall return.

 
 
 

Marker M4.1 SC2 Binding, Good or not???

Post by Cras » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 07:27:50


Quote:


> > Hi, my friends:
> >     I got a good deal for a pair of new Marker M4.1 SC2 binding($60)
> > from a local store.  
<>

> They aren't bad bindings, especially considering the price you paid.
> However, they ARE heavy. The SC feature sounds great, but of questionable
> real merit. If it tells you anything, I don't think Marker still sells a SC
> binding.

Marker have moved to a more dynamic system with a shock absorbing
piston.
I can tell the difference be*** the three setting since I get to ski
very variable conditions in the course of an [Eastern] day. It is
pretty subtle and I would not miss it if I did not have it.

Be sure the 4.1 falls withing the DIN range you need, too.

Crashj 'please release me let me go' Johnson

 
 
 

Marker M4.1 SC2 Binding, Good or not???

Post by twohors » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 01:01:49


Quote:


> >> I heard of SC(Select Control) and like the idea.  Just never try that
> >> before.  Does anyone here have real experience of this binding or SC
> >> type of Marker binding?

> > However, they ARE heavy. The SC feature sounds great, but of questionable
> > real merit. If it tells you anything, I don't think Marker still sells a SC
> > binding.

> Sure they do.. in fact, you can add SC to any Marker binding. see
> http://www.markeri.com/markerinterfaces.htm  
> However, I wouldnt let the presence or absence of it drive my decision.  I
> have it, and don't feel it changes the ski feel very much, no matter which
> setting I use.

> Dan

Well, I did some research on SC binding.  Looks that it works well on
those soft skis.  It makes sense to me because basically it uses the
switch to make different degree of stiffness by bending the ski.  So
if the ski itself is already stiff, there will be less effect on it.
My ski is Agyl Sup, another stiff one.  So I don't think it will make
too much difference on it.  OK, without SC in consideration, do you
guys still think Marker 41 is good binding for my Agyl Sup?

Thanks,
Dennis