Allergies

Allergies

Post by Len » Thu, 09 May 2002 06:07:49


Wondering what other runners are doing when the pollen count is to the
moon.

I find that once I get out there , I feel better after the second mile
or so.

Today in the Northeast, the count is very high and my eyes and nose can
testify.

I try not to take medication especially before a run but in order to
sleep I do.

Are their any other runners out there suffering ?
And what are you all doing about it?

Len

 
 
 

Allergies

Post by Rivermis » Thu, 09 May 2002 07:29:57

Allegra or Claritan work for me down here in Atlanta where the pollen count
gets VERY high.


Quote:
> Wondering what other runners are doing when the pollen count is to the
> moon.

> I find that once I get out there , I feel better after the second mile
> or so.

> Today in the Northeast, the count is very high and my eyes and nose can
> testify.

> I try not to take medication especially before a run but in order to
> sleep I do.

> Are their any other runners out there suffering ?
> And what are you all doing about it?

> Len


 
 
 

Allergies

Post by Melind » Sat, 11 May 2002 03:23:19

Quote:

> Allegra or Claritan work for me down here in Atlanta where the pollen count
> gets VERY high.

I use Allegra in C***te...but then I have to since I have asthma and if my
allergies get triggered I have an attack

Mel - who never runs without her inhaler, just in case

Quote:



> > Wondering what other runners are doing when the pollen count is to the
> > moon.

> > I find that once I get out there , I feel better after the second mile
> > or so.

> > Today in the Northeast, the count is very high and my eyes and nose can
> > testify.

> > I try not to take medication especially before a run but in order to
> > sleep I do.

> > Are their any other runners out there suffering ?
> > And what are you all doing about it?

> > Len


 
 
 

Allergies

Post by Bob » Sun, 12 May 2002 13:49:40

Allegra works well and prevents drowsiness.
It will block the fatigue that people experience from
allergies also. My son is on allegra now during track session since
his fatigue from the pollens was too much.
Times are improving towards state.
Bob

Quote:


> > Allegra or Claritan work for me down here in Atlanta where the pollen
count
> > gets VERY high.

> I use Allegra in C***te...but then I have to since I have asthma and if
my
> allergies get triggered I have an attack

> Mel - who never runs without her inhaler, just in case



> > > Wondering what other runners are doing when the pollen count is to the
> > > moon.

> > > I find that once I get out there , I feel better after the second mile
> > > or so.

> > > Today in the Northeast, the count is very high and my eyes and nose
can
> > > testify.

> > > I try not to take medication especially before a run but in order to
> > > sleep I do.

> > > Are their any other runners out there suffering ?
> > > And what are you all doing about it?

> > > Len

 
 
 

Allergies

Post by Angela S. Ca » Tue, 14 May 2002 09:22:17

In Texas, I have allergy problems during the winter time (cedar
season). I take Sudafed non-drowsy tablets in the red and white box
and Sudafed non-drowsy tablets with antihistamine in the green and
white box in the daytime. At night, I take Benadryl allergy tablets
with antihistamine in the pink box so I will go to sleep and it really
works wonders.

Angela