nike vs. adidas

nike vs. adidas

Post by Plastira » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00


I run 15 to 20 miles per week, and I'm looking for new (moderately-preiced)
shoes.  I've narrowed it down to three models: The Nike Air Alate ($60) The
Adidas Wolfpack ($55) or the Adidas Ozwego 3 ($70).
I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience with or comments on these
shoes. Thanks in advance.....

 
 
 

nike vs. adidas

Post by chuck marst » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

i've found that nike air triax work the best for me although they are a
little bit more expensive.My problem is that I'm to lazy to go to the
store and get another pair.Would someboby please give me a swift kick in
the ____. Maybe thats what I need to get back out on the roads.I've been
running for about 14 years and still love it.It's still not a chore to
do because I love being out there.

<html><body
background="http://members.tripod.com/~mintcar/starb.gif"><bg sound
src="http://members.tripod.com/~webtv12/behappy.mid"><font
size="+2"><font color="red"><center>I'm Amazed Draac!<br>I Can Do
This!<br>I Can See The Background!<br>I Hear The Sound!</font><p><a
href="http://www.webtv.net"><img src="http.//members.triod.com/~gifs
123/webtv2.gif"></a></center></body></html>

 
 
 

nike vs. adidas

Post by Mark Atanowi » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Adidas shoes run wide.  

Mark Atanowicz


Quote:

> I run 15 to 20 miles per week, and I'm looking for new (moderately-preiced)
> shoes.  I've narrowed it down to three models: The Nike Air Alate ($60) The
> Adidas Wolfpack ($55) or the Adidas Ozwego 3 ($70).
> I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience with or comments on these
> shoes. Thanks in advance.....


 
 
 

nike vs. adidas

Post by Glenn Smit » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I bought a pair of Ozwegos's on the weekend but only ran in them once.  My
feet were sore afterwards which I blame on the fact that it was a longer
than usual run for me.  The shoes feel great and have a good width as
opposed to the Nikes which I found a little tight around the widest part of
my foot.

Quote:

>I run 15 to 20 miles per week, and I'm looking for new (moderately-preiced)
>shoes.  I've narrowed it down to three models: The Nike Air Alate ($60) The
>Adidas Wolfpack ($55) or the Adidas Ozwego 3 ($70).
>I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience with or comments on
these
>shoes. Thanks in advance.....

 
 
 

nike vs. adidas

Post by Ushi » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have Addidas Ozweego's, and I love them.  Even though you really shouldn't do
this with shoes,  I got them last spring, and probably put about 75-100 miles
on them, wore them throughout the summer, and am now using them for cross
country.  They've held up beautifully.  The traction is wearing a little, but
other than that, they're fine.
 
 
 

nike vs. adidas

Post by Doug Frees » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> I have Addidas Ozweego's, and I love them.  Even though you really shouldn't do
> this with shoes,  I got them last spring, and probably put about 75-100 miles

There is nothing wrong with wearing shoes on the roads and on the
trails.
Shoe companies do make alleged trails shoes but they tend to be firm,
dark colored to hide the dirt and waffled soles, but you can wear them
on the road. The opposite is most common. If your Xcountry race is
muddy, I would look for a waffled shoe or even small spikes(assumption
of
5k race for the spikes).

Quote:
> on them, wore them throughout the summer, and am now using them for cross
> country.  They've held up beautifully.  The traction is wearing a little, but
> other than that, they're fine.

--
These Opinions Are Mine!

 
 
 

nike vs. adidas

Post by Steve Bezodi » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:


> > I have Addidas Ozweego's, and I love them.  Even though you really shouldn't do
> > this with shoes,  I got them last spring, and probably put about 75-100 miles

> There is nothing wrong with wearing shoes on the roads and on the
> trails.
> Shoe companies do make alleged trails shoes but they tend to be firm,
> dark colored to hide the dirt and waffled soles, but you can wear them
> on the road. The opposite is most common. If your Xcountry race is
> muddy, I would look for a waffled shoe or even small spikes(assumption
> of
> 5k race for the spikes).

> > on them, wore them throughout the summer, and am now using them for cross
> > country.  They've held up beautifully.  The traction is wearing a little, but
> > other than that, they're fine.

> --
> These Opinions Are Mine!


The best trail shoes I find are the comfortable road shoes that are
dirty. Trail shoes tend to be too rigid for me, not to mention the
god-awful dark colors these things come in. The only advantage with some
trail shoes are the ones that have a Gore-Tex upper. you need that for
the trail running in Oregon during the winter. Great trail race coming
up in December in Portland. The six-hour "Mudderfell", a six hour run
back & forth on the nastiest part of the Wildwood Trail (10 miles in
each direction). Most miles wins!