first half-marathon

first half-marathon

Post by CottonP » Sun, 08 Mar 1998 04:00:00


Hi, all :)

Just doing a bit of patting-myself-on-the-back... I ran my first half-marathon
today :)

I finished in under 2 hours (right around 1:56.)

And I did it without eating power bars or power gels, without drinking any
sticky-sweet drinks, and without any clue as to what my heart rate was at any
point during the race.

When it comes down to it, after all, you have to run the race - and I had a
blast doing it - and I didn't worry about anything. Here's to the next one!

Maureen

 
 
 

first half-marathon

Post by IndyRun » Sun, 08 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>And I did it without eating power bars or power gels, without drinking
>any sticky-sweet drinks, and without any clue as to what my heart rate was at
>any point during the race.
>When it comes down to it, after all, you have to run the race

hehehehe, see it can be done without all that nonsense crap, although some
people here will disagree.  :)  Any Breath-Rite Strips?  :)  Congrats Maureen,
great job.  Now you need to come to Indy and do the largest half in the
country, the "Mini".  Hope to see you here.  See ya on the roads.

   David
"IndyRunr"

"I'm going to try to work it out so at the end it'll be a pure guts race.  And
if it is, I'm the only one who can win."  Steve Prefontaine                    

 
 
 

first half-marathon

Post by RunrChi » Mon, 09 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Thanks, David :)

Nope, no breathe-rite strips, either...

Quote:
>Subject: Re: first half-marathon

>Date: Sat, Mar 7, 1998 16:31 EST

>>And I did it without eating power bars or power gels, without drinking
>>any sticky-sweet drinks, and without any clue as to what my heart rate was
>at
>>any point during the race.
>>When it comes down to it, after all, you have to run the race

>hehehehe, see it can be done without all that nonsense crap, although some
>people here will disagree.  :)  Any Breath-Rite Strips?  :)  Congrats
>Maureen,
>great job.  Now you need to come to Indy and do the largest half in the
>country, the "Mini".  Hope to see you here.  See ya on the roads.

>   David
>"IndyRunr"

>"I'm going to try to work it out so at the end it'll be a pure guts race.
>And
>if it is, I'm the only one who can win."  Steve Prefontaine


 
 
 

first half-marathon

Post by Andrew He » Mon, 09 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Yeah Maureen!

I was pretty darned proud/amazed after my first half too. Now they are
my favorite distance.

So when is your first marathon?

Andrew Heiz


Quote:
(CottonPup) writes:

>Hi, all :)

>Just doing a bit of patting-myself-on-the-back... I ran my first
half-marathon
>today :)

>I finished in under 2 hours (right around 1:56.)

>And I did it without eating power bars or power gels, without drinking
any
>sticky-sweet drinks, and without any clue as to what my heart rate was
at any
>point during the race.

>When it comes down to it, after all, you have to run the race - and I
had a
>blast doing it - and I didn't worry about anything. Here's to the next
one!

>Maureen

 
 
 

first half-marathon

Post by CottonP » Mon, 09 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Thanks,  Andrew :)

And I'm feeling sore, but pretty good this morning. Just got back from a very
slow 4 mile jog in fact.

I'm definitely going to start marathon training, now - see you in November!

Quote:
>Subject: Re: first half-marathon

>Date: Sat, Mar 7, 1998 20:47 EST

>Yeah Maureen!

>I was pretty darned proud/amazed after my first half too. Now they are
>my favorite distance.

>So when is your first marathon?

>Andrew Heiz

 
 
 

first half-marathon

Post by Mike Tenne » Tue, 10 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Thanks,  Andrew :)

>And I'm feeling sore, but pretty good this morning. Just got back from a very
>slow 4 mile jog in fact.

>I'm definitely going to start marathon training, now - see you in November!

Heh, heh, heh. Another one hooked...

Congrats on the HM. Great time for a first one.

Mike "TriBop" Tennent

http://SportToday.org/~wbrunner/
WebRunner Running
My Model Railroad
'98 Ironman Canada Iron***s Site

 
 
 

first half-marathon

Post by Andrew He » Tue, 10 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>>Thanks,  Andrew :)

>>And I'm feeling sore, but pretty good this morning. Just got back
from a very
>>slow 4 mile jog in fact.

>>I'm definitely going to start marathon training, now - see you in
November!

If you mean NYC I'll be cheering at 14 miles in Queens.

Have fun,
Andrew