timex gps weirdness

timex gps weirdness

Post by Kerry Neils » Fri, 05 Mar 2004 12:33:52


I thought I'd noticed a few times lately that the stopwatch timer was
acting weird.  I twice thought that I looked when the watch said
10:30, then moments later it would say 10:05.  But the final value
would always seem correct.
This happened again tonight.  I was certain the timer was at 17:30,
then later it was about the same.  I wondered if it compensated for
its errors, and sure enough, I watched the timer rollover from 17:59
to 19:00.  So it screwed up but corrected itself.

Could this just be a low battery?  Anyone seen this?

 
 
 

timex gps weirdness

Post by Pris Stratto » Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:28:52



Quote:
>I thought I'd noticed a few times lately that the stopwatch timer was
>acting weird.  I twice thought that I looked when the watch said
>10:30, then moments later it would say 10:05.  But the final value
>would always seem correct.
>This happened again tonight.  I was certain the timer was at 17:30,
>then later it was about the same.  I wondered if it compensated for
>its errors, and sure enough, I watched the timer rollover from 17:59
>to 19:00.  So it screwed up but corrected itself.

>Could this just be a low battery?  Anyone seen this?

It's a little-known fact that GPS systems disrupt the space : time
continuum.   Thus you can, in actuality, be in two different places
and in two different times simultaneously.

I suggest that you purchase a large ball of string.   Tie one end of
the string to your front door and carry the ball, unwinding it as you
run.  That way, if the infernal GPS machine whooshes you into another
dimension, all you have to do is follow the string back to your
original time and place and you can log onto rec.running to ***
about the thing again.

OTOH, you could throw away the GPS and get back to real running.

 
 
 

timex gps weirdness

Post by Tim Downi » Sat, 06 Mar 2004 01:00:34

Quote:

> OTOH, you could throw away the GPS and get back to real running.

Along with your HRM and other such fripperies that real runners don't need.
;-)

Tim

(ps How are the dreams?  Galvanically ovine?)

 
 
 

timex gps weirdness

Post by Pris Stratto » Sat, 06 Mar 2004 01:26:58

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:00:34 -0000, "Tim Downie"

Quote:

>(ps How are the dreams?  Galvanically ovine?)

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of
words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the
people who must use the words.

Philip K***.

 
 
 

timex gps weirdness

Post by Phil M » Sat, 06 Mar 2004 01:51:52



Quote:


>> OTOH, you could throw away the GPS and get back to real running.

> Along with your HRM and other such fripperies that real runners don't
> need. ;-)

Then I guess you and I are not real runners. Gotta love that GPS. ;-)

Phil

--
There's somebody at every dinner party who eats all the celery."
-Kin Hubbard

 
 
 

timex gps weirdness

Post by joe positiv » Sat, 06 Mar 2004 05:14:17

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:26:58 +0000, Pris Stratton

Quote:

>The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of
>words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the
>people who must use the words.

>Philip K***.

Very nice.
 
 
 

timex gps weirdness

Post by Pris Stratto » Sat, 06 Mar 2004 05:20:12



Quote:
>On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:26:58 +0000, Pris Stratton

>>The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of
>>words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the
>>people who must use the words.

>>Philip K***.

>Very nice.

You disapprove, Karen?
 
 
 

timex gps weirdness

Post by joe positiv » Sat, 06 Mar 2004 07:41:28

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:20:12 +0000, Pris Stratton

Quote:



>>On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:26:58 +0000, Pris Stratton


[very nice Phillip K*** quotation went here]

Quote:
>>Very nice.

>You disapprove, Karen?

No.  I said "Very nice."  This means, um, "very nice."  In other
words, I liked the quotation.  Thanks for posting it.