Equipment Trade-ins?

Equipment Trade-ins?

Post by Mike » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:34:45


Ok, i haven't been diving for a few years (like 5) cause i got bored diving
in the same lake in WI for a whole summer. Now I live in florida and want to
get back into it

Checked my gear and my Monitor 3 Air just displays ERR on the screen. I call
up UWATEC and they tell me its obsolete, but they might also be able to
"wake it up" I paid 1100 for this thing in 1996 i think it was!. Anyway, the
tech (javier i think) tells me that they offer
a trade in program for the Monitor 3 to Aladin Air Z for like $460. I've
called twice to confirm this and to make sure there wasn't any time limit.

Now, the question. I also have a Dacro Extreme plus reg set (and octo) as
well as an Extreme BC. Does anyone know if Dacor offers a similar exchange
program? Theres nothing listed on Dacors site on these, and finding info on
any other site is proving more trouble than its worth. They served me fine
thru 160 some dives (except for an occassional free flow) and once I get
them serviced I'm sure they'll be good for a bit yet.

Also, i read in another thread that Dacor doesn't exist anymore? Is this
true?

 
 
 

Equipment Trade-ins?

Post by Brian Wagne » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 01:37:27

Quote:

> Now, the question. I also have a Dacro Extreme plus reg set (and octo) as
> well as an Extreme BC. Does anyone know if Dacor offers a similar exchange
> program? Theres nothing listed on Dacors site on these, and finding info on
> any other site is proving more trouble than its worth. They served me fine
> thru 160 some dives (except for an occassional free flow) and once I get
> them serviced I'm sure they'll be good for a bit yet.

There was a trade in program for Dacor regulators, but I think it ended
earlier this summer.

 
 
 

Equipment Trade-ins?

Post by Rich Lockye » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:18:27

Quote:

>Also, i read in another thread that Dacor doesn't exist anymore? Is this
>true?

Mares bought them out.  Last I heard, they were offering a trade-in
credit towards the Viper line of regs.

...if you like Vipers.

  --- Rich
  http://richlockyer.tripod.com/

 
 
 

Equipment Trade-ins?

Post by Mike » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:14:47

Are Vipers bad? I've only started looking at equipment again and haven't yet
come up with any reviews on them.


Quote:

> >Also, i read in another thread that Dacor doesn't exist anymore? Is this
> >true?

> Mares bought them out.  Last I heard, they were offering a trade-in
> credit towards the Viper line of regs.

> ...if you like Vipers.

>   --- Rich
>   http://richlockyer.tripod.com/

 
 
 

Equipment Trade-ins?

Post by Rich Lockye » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:37:07

I don't care for them, but qite a number of reasons.
I'd stick with Scubapro or Apeks.

Quote:

>Are Vipers bad? I've only started looking at equipment again and haven't yet
>come up with any reviews on them.




>> >Also, i read in another thread that Dacor doesn't exist anymore? Is this
>> >true?

>> Mares bought them out.  Last I heard, they were offering a trade-in
>> credit towards the Viper line of regs.

>> ...if you like Vipers.

>>   --- Rich
>>   http://richlockyer.tripod.com/

  --- Rich
  http://richlockyer.tripod.com/