Steel-72 Weight

Steel-72 Weight

Post by Curti » Sat, 23 Jun 2012 07:01:06


"Douglas W. "Popeye" Frederick"  wrote

Quote:
>  Gonna come up here and do a 400ffw quarry dive? :-)

    Naw, my personal limit is about 200 FFW, 18/45 can be breathed at the
surface.

Quote:
>  Where are you gonna be?

    Loch Low-minn, soon.  74 FFW max, high seventies surface, low sixties
bottom, getting warmer. Tee-shirt diving for a big old grizzley bear.  ;-)

    Number I have for you isn't current, or I'd have made contact by now.
Wanna play?

    I do hit the sack shortly after 2100 most days, working in east Orange
County near MCO, roll out of bed about 0515 to get there.

Curtis

 
 
 

Steel-72 Weight

Post by Grumman-58 » Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:03:42

Quote:
>      Naw, my personal limit is about 200 FFW, 18/45 can be breathed at the
> surface.

So can air...

 
 
 

Steel-72 Weight

Post by Curti » Mon, 25 Jun 2012 07:05:16

"Grumman-581"

Quote:
>>      Naw, my personal limit is about 200 FFW, 18/45 can be breathed at
>> the
>> surface.

> So can air...

    Yeah, but only the foolhearty will breathe air at 200 FFW.......

 
 
 

Steel-72 Weight

Post by 1hogride » Mon, 25 Jun 2012 07:29:39


Quote:
> "Grumman-581"

>>>       Naw, my personal limit is about 200 FFW, 18/45 can be breathed at
>>> the
>>> surface.

>> So can air...

>      Yeah, but only the foolhearty will breathe air at 200 FFW.......

219ffw

--
The two most common elements in the universe- Hydrogen & Stupidity

 
 
 

Steel-72 Weight

Post by Grumman-58 » Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:38:23


Quote:
>      Yeah, but only the foolhearty will breathe air at 200 FFW.......

Awh, come on Curtis, quit trying to deceive everyone... Be honest about
it and quit trying to deny it... We all got started in diving because it
was a cheap and legal way to get high (narced)... You start mixing that
helium stuff in and it just means you have to go deeper in order to get
a good narc going... Little did we know at the time that there was
something other to do than just get narced and that could be just as
much fun...
 
 
 

Steel-72 Weight

Post by Grumman-58 » Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:40:49


Quote:
> 219ffw

190 ft, no decompression via the US Navy tables (at that time).
 
 
 

Steel-72 Weight

Post by Curti » Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:27:02

Quote:
> Awh, come on Curtis, quit trying to deceive everyone... Be honest about it
> and quit trying to deny it... We all got started in diving because it was
> a cheap and legal way to get high (narced)... You start mixing that helium
> stuff in and it just means you have to go deeper in order to get a good
> narc going... Little did we know at the time that there was something
> other to do than just get narced and that could be just as much fun...

    Why would I LIE?

    Getting narced ruins the experience, and adds unnecisary risk.

    I know how to have fun without purposely ***ing up my perceptions.

 
 
 

Steel-72 Weight

Post by Curti » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:46:09

"Douglas W. "Popeye" Frederick" wrote

Quote:
>>    My next dive trip is gonna be in TN, rumor is there's good enough vis
>> to
>> make a trip worthwhile.  I wanna see what paddlefish look like up close,
>> in
>> a warmer hole than those Yankee quarries.
>  Gonna come up here and do a 400ffw quarry dive? :-)
>  Where are you gonna be?

Loch Low-Minn, Athens, TN

49 max/ 29 ave FFW for 33 min, water 89-64 deg, air temp over 100 deg

81 max/ 41 ave FFW for 47 min, water 89-60 deg, brief swirl at 57 deg

    All I could squeeze into about a 4 hour window, camped at over 6000 ft
in NC for 3 nights first, broke camp early and drove 200 miles that morning
before arriving, then another 225 miles before calling it a day.  Part of a
5 day road trip, main focus camping.

    Paddlefish looked cool swimming overhead, lots of fish, decent
visability, wore a 3 mil hood with the tee shirt to allow for the cool
water.  Comfy enough.

    Definitly wanna return, well worth the trip.

Curtis