chest strap not attached

chest strap not attached

Post by zxcv » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00


If your chest strap was not attached (for whatever reason) on a basic rig
doing a basic stomach to earth opening would you fall right out of the rig
when the chute opened?

Thanks

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by LinZWall » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I've talked with several people that have jumped without their chest straps
fastened correctly....none of them has fallen out.  Lucky.

==80
Lindsey

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by Anthon » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Didn't a girl just bounce a month ago or so from this?  Pretty sure I read
it in Aug. or Sept. Skydiving (as well as on the NG, of course)



Quote:
> If your chest strap was not attached (for whatever reason) on a basic rig
> doing a basic stomach to earth opening would you fall right out of the
rig
> when the chute opened?

> Thanks


 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by Sky dog » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

A girl did bounce in Lousiana or somewhere down there from her chest strap not
being fastened. She fell out of it.
Quote:
>Didn't a girl just bounce a month ago or so from this?

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by Shadowww » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>Didn't a girl just bounce a month ago or so from this?

Yep.


Chris Collins  C-28484, JM-99            

Team Greensbegger # 4            

"Tent Town" Mayor              

"Altitude is your friend!"              

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by Cliff Helle » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> If your chest strap was not attached (for whatever reason) on a basic rig
> doing a basic stomach to earth opening would you fall right out of the rig
> when the chute opened?

you might, rabbit, you might.

--

   /<0>\     Church of the Subverted Paradigm
  /     \                                               God Plays Dice!
 /_______\    --> FIVE TONS OF FLAX <--          Death To All Fanatics!

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by Ross Fento » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I knew someone who always used to jump with a very loose chest strap, on
one jumps his rig nearly blew off in freefall. Play safe, do up that
chest strap.

Ross

Quote:

> If your chest strap was not attached (for whatever reason) on a basic rig
> doing a basic stomach to earth opening would you fall right out of the rig
> when the chute opened?

> Thanks

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by RHallif » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>I knew someone who always used to jump with a very loose chest strap, on
>one jumps his rig nearly blew off in freefall. Play safe, do up that
>chest strap.

>Ross

How can one's rig blow off in free fall if the chest strap is in place, even if
not tight?

Bob

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by Tooy » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>How can one's rig blow off in free fall if the chest strap is in place, even
>if
>not tight?
>Bob

***********************************
Bad stiching. :-* snuffy
 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by Eri » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Someone once showed me something that is pretty scary.  He put on his
rig and tightened his chest strap pretty tight.  He even tightened his
leg straps about 1/3 of the way.  He bent over quickly and his rig hit
the floor.  The chest strap went over his head.  I tried the same
thing with my rig and it works about 3 out of 4 times.  Try it
sometime.

Eric Rice
D-21006

Quote:

>>I knew someone who always used to jump with a very loose chest strap, on
>>one jumps his rig nearly blew off in freefall. Play safe, do up that
>>chest strap.

>>Ross

>How can one's rig blow off in free fall if the chest strap is in place, even if
>not tight?

>Bob

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by Ross Fento » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

As he exited the aircraft his chest strap got blown up over his face. He
then grabbed it and tightned it. If he had not caught it, it would have
blown over his head. Then, with only his leg straps holding him on, the
rig could have blown off his legs.

Ross

Quote:

> >I knew someone who always used to jump with a very loose chest strap, on
> >one jumps his rig nearly blew off in freefall. Play safe, do up that
> >chest strap.

> >Ross

> How can one's rig blow off in free fall if the chest strap is in place, even if
> not tight?

> Bob

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by Tooy » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Date: 9/3/98  Wrote:
>Someone once showed me something that is pretty scary.  He put on his
>rig and tightened his chest strap pretty tight.  He even tightened his
>leg straps about 1/3 of the way.  He bent over quickly and his rig hit
>the floor.  The chest strap went over his head.  I tried the same
>thing with my rig and it works about 3 out of 4 times.  Try it
>sometime.

>Eric Rice
>D-21006

***********************************
Ewe little skinny farts need to buy rigs thut
fit or lift weights and eat meatloaf and taters.
buncha little midgits. :-P snuffy
 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by Harju, Mark » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

"Blown off his legs." Then he would have to go find them, too, right?
Hehehe   };-)
--
"First, know your abilities and don't overestimate yourself. Second,
know the capability of the equipment you are using and don't demand more
than it can give you in service and performance. Third, don't become
complacent."

COL Joseph W. Kittinger, Jr., USAF (Ret)
Holder of World-Record Skydive (102,800)

Please remove "no-spam" from address when replying

Quote:

> As he exited the aircraft his chest strap got blown up over his face. He
> then grabbed it and tightned it. If he had not caught it, it would have
> blown over his head. Then, with only his leg straps holding him on, the
> rig could have blown off his legs.

> Ross


> > >I knew someone who always used to jump with a very loose chest strap, on
> > >one jumps his rig nearly blew off in freefall. Play safe, do up that
> > >chest strap.

> > >Ross

> > How can one's rig blow off in free fall if the chest strap is in place, even if
> > not tight?

> > Bob

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by DangerDa » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Then, with only his leg straps holding him on, the
>rig could have blown off his legs.

>Ross

That's exactly why I stopped jumping those explosive rigs!

Stumpy

 
 
 

chest strap not attached

Post by LinZWall » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I also understand that you can easily fall out through the bottom of the rig,
even with leg straps tightened up....go ***Down!  I've never personally seen
this demonstrated....

==:}
Lindsey