Texas State Record

Texas State Record

Post by Maryjum » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:44:20


Hey, who has the wrong grip in the photo of the Texas State Record from 1996?
Look at the last people to dock on the formation, the ones with only one grip.
There's eight of them.  Each one of them has the leg grip of the first person
starting the loops.  Except for one.  That person has the grip of the second
person on the loop.  He or she is wearing a blue and white Racer, purple and
pink jumpsuit, frap hat.

I'm not saying it's not a record, I just want to know who has the wrong grip.
I'm just curious...... like a cat.  
Meow?

 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by DiveRange » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:26:25

So where's the pic?? Link please.

Bubba


Quote:
> Hey, who has the wrong grip in the photo of the Texas State Record from
1996?
> Look at the last people to dock on the formation, the ones with only one
grip.
> There's eight of them.  Each one of them has the leg grip of the first
person
> starting the loops.  Except for one.  That person has the grip of the
second
> person on the loop.  He or she is wearing a blue and white Racer, purple
and
> pink jumpsuit, frap hat.

> I'm not saying it's not a record, I just want to know who has the wrong
grip.
> I'm just curious...... like a cat.
> Meow?


 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by Kevi » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:37:07

Where is the Picture??


Quote:
> Hey, who has the wrong grip in the photo of the Texas State Record from
1996?
> Look at the last people to dock on the formation, the ones with only one
grip.
> There's eight of them.  Each one of them has the leg grip of the first
person
> starting the loops.  Except for one.  That person has the grip of the
second
> person on the loop.  He or she is wearing a blue and white Racer, purple
and
> pink jumpsuit, frap hat.

> I'm not saying it's not a record, I just want to know who has the wrong
grip.
> I'm just curious...... like a cat.
> Meow?


 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by Jerry » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:26:43

Ask Jeff
Wasn't he there?  He might know.  Maybe it *was* Jeff.  That's be
pretty funny!

...Blue Skies, Red Peril
...jlk


Quote:
>Hey, who has the wrong grip in the photo of the Texas State Record from 1996?
>Look at the last people to dock on the formation, the ones with only one grip.
>There's eight of them.  Each one of them has the leg grip of the first person
>starting the loops.  Except for one.  That person has the grip of the second
>person on the loop.  He or she is wearing a blue and white Racer, purple and
>pink jumpsuit, frap hat.

>I'm not saying it's not a record, I just want to know who has the wrong grip.
>I'm just curious...... like a cat.  
>Meow?

 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by LORD OF THE SK » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:09:41

Quote:

>Hey, who has the wrong grip in the photo of the Texas State Record from

1996?

Quote:
> I just want to know who has the wrong grip.

           Why do you care?  1996? May have been me. If I have a flashback
which confirms that I'll let you know.

           If it weren't for flashbacks I'd have no memory at all,

                        "Treetop" a.k.a. LORD OF THE SKY

 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by Basebab » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
> I'm not saying it's not a record, I just want to know who has the wrong grip.
> I'm just curious...... like a cat.
> Meow?

You know what they say about curiosity and the cat....
 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by USPASWD » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

The jump was dirt-dived the same way it was flown even though the formation is
not perfectly symmetric.  Review of the dirt-diving and interviews with all
involved confirmed that it was approved on the ground and therefore was flown
as practiced on the ground.  This question came up immediately after the
formation was flown and investigated and the record declared by the judges on
site.

Good pick-up on the photo but you are almost 4 years late.

I do not remember who was the person who has a different grip.  It is not a
wrong grip since it was practiced that way.

Lee Schlichtemeier

 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by tswhite7 » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Dr. Lee's right about the grip. It was always dirt dived that way.
It's Gretchen docked on Alan Metni.  It's at 6 o'clock in the picture...

http://users.ev1.net/~tswhite70/flare/images/cb/cb_tx104.jpg

bsbd,
tsw

http://users.ev1.net/~tswhite70/



Quote:
> The jump was dirt-dived the same way it was flown even though the
formation is
> not perfectly symmetric.  Review of the dirt-diving and interviews
with all
> involved confirmed that it was approved on the ground and therefore
was flown
> as practiced on the ground.  This question came up immediately after
the
> formation was flown and investigated and the record declared by the
judges on
> site.

> Good pick-up on the photo but you are almost 4 years late.

> I do not remember who was the person who has a different grip.  It is
not a
> wrong grip since it was practiced that way.

> Lee Schlichtemeier

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by Tom Olso » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

What about a cat equipped with a CYPRES???


Quote:
> > I'm not saying it's not a record, I just want to know who has the wrong
grip.
> > I'm just curious...... like a cat.
> > Meow?

> You know what they say about curiosity and the cat....

 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by anotherj.. » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Nuh, it's buttered toast on the cats back.

Quote:
> What about a cat equipped with a CYPRES???

:*) J.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by Cris » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>Dr. Lee's right about the grip. It was always dirt dived that way.
>It's Gretchen docked on Alan Metni.  It's at 6 o'clock in the picture...

I'm more concerned with the wrong grip at 10 o'clock.  The person with the
green, yellow and black has the wrong leg.

blue skies

Cris
D-21518

**"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway."**

 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by CRWMik » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Not much of a story, Lee, but stick with it ...consistency is important.
Quote:

> The jump was dirt-dived the same way it was flown even though the formation is
> not perfectly symmetric.  Review of the dirt-diving and interviews with all
> involved confirmed that it was approved on the ground and therefore was flown
> as practiced on the ground.  This question came up immediately after the
> formation was flown and investigated and the record declared by the judges on
> site.

> Good pick-up on the photo but you are almost 4 years late.

> I do not remember who was the person who has a different grip.  It is not a
> wrong grip since it was practiced that way.

> Lee Schlichtemeier

 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by Basebab » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
> What about a cat equipped with a CYPRES???

What?  Is this cat so stupid he can't save his own life??  Maybe he should take
up bowling...
 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by tswhite7 » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Docked on the hot pink legs?  I think they have the correct (outside)
leg, just have the inside gripper.  Hard to tell on the jpg, I'll look
at the tiff when I get home....



Quote:

> >Dr. Lee's right about the grip. It was always dirt dived that way.
> >It's Gretchen docked on Alan Metni.  It's at 6 o'clock in the
picture...

> I'm more concerned with the wrong grip at 10 o'clock.  The person
with the
> green, yellow and black has the wrong leg.

> blue skies

> Cris
> D-21518

> **"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway."**

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
 
 
 

Texas State Record

Post by JWJUM » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Wrong grip?
Yea I do that but.....
The day I wear a racer rig!!!

Never!!!