The Sport Of Mountain Biking-A UK perspective

The Sport Of Mountain Biking-A UK perspective

Post by Mike Vandem » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:27:24



Quote:
>Thank you for your comments regarding my previous email, they served

to further prove my suspicions you are fighting a lost cause.  I have
to ask the question, if you are so obviously against the sport of
Mountain Biking, what do you hope to achieve by attempting to ban us
for every piece of countryside?(and don't say an end to the
destruction of wild life habbitats because that will not be the case!)

I have ALREADY succeeded in banning bikes from some areas. More to
follow, as people become educated about the real impacts of mountain
biking and other abuse of wildlife.

Quote:
>Assume for a second this was the case, the 8 million or so mountain

bikers are just going to disappear?  You have branded us law breaking
scum bags with no regard to any part of the natural world, the Mac
Donalds of sports so to speak, do you honestly believe the sport is
going to role over and die?

No, no more than OTHER crimes against the Earth will disappear, but it
will have the image it deserves.

Quote:
>I do see and agree with your point that the destruction of the

natural world must be stopped and that Mountain Biking is responsible,
in part, for this(that's in part, not completely).  However I fail to
see the logic behind an all out *** against it, I would say
compromise but it appears you are far passed that stage.

Every compromise is a 100% LOSS for wildlife. Example: I want your
house; Now let's compromise: give me HALF of it! See how silly that
is?

Quote:
>  It is my wish that one day all of the users of the countryside can

co exist and enjoy nature for what it is

We COULD, BEFORE mountain biking came along. Mountain biking destroyed
that peace. Why should anyone compromise with you criminals? We don't
compromise with OTHER criminals!

Quote:
> (yes believe it or not there are mountain bikers who 'enjoy' nature,

Maybe, but they don't treat it with the respect it deserves. You guys
treat it like your own PRIVATE playground, where everyone else just
has to put up with you.

Quote:
> and yes I do stop to take it all in) Though sadly in your case this

may never happen, the idea of compromise and mountain biking do not
appear to go together.

Of course not. Let's compromise on the ownership of your house!

Quote:
>My only opinion upon this subject is that banning Mountain Biking

would create a lot more complications and problems than it could ever
solve, and deep down you to know the exact reasons why

I don't see why. Humans had no trouble enjoying nature without
bringing along a large piece of MACHINERY for about 6 million
years....

Quote:
>Regards

Alex Smiles

Quote:
>PS

Its nice to see you hold all Mountain Bikers with the same regard, we
are NOT all thugs you know!

No, but in my experience, you are all liars.

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://SportToday.org/

 
 
 

The Sport Of Mountain Biking-A UK perspective

Post by Michael Pau » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 00:35:49

<SNIP>

excerpts from a previous post by our favorite troll and appropriate
responses that prove he is a hypocrite and doesn't truly practice what he
preaches.  I put the best one in the front because it basically advocates
cycling and therefore we all win!  Yippee!

Previous Post:  2)  do you live in a house that is built on land once
undeveloped

MV:  I didn't create it.

Oh, so then it's okay that you didn't create it.  Well I didn't create the
trails I ride on so then by the same logic it must be OKAY to ride on them.
IDIOT!

MV:  I know YOU don't see anything wrong with driving, but MOST people do.

Sorry Mikey, but MOST people most certainly do not see anything wrong with
driving.  Furthermore, the majority of the physical items in your possession
not the least of which is that Computer you're reading this on was delivered
to the you at on the US Highway system so by purchasing that very computer
as well as every other thing that you didn't personally grow, mine,
fabricate, etc. you also are supporting driving.  HYPOCRITE!  Unless you're
Amish and live in the Pennsylvania Dutch countryside, you will always be a
hypocrite because you ARE DEPENDENT upon the automobile for your very
pathetic existence!

Oh yeah, I was alerted to this little gem too.

http://SportToday.org/

MV  Now answer my question!: " Why, now, is it impossible for you idiots to
enjoy nature the way everyone else does -- ON FOOT????? Please explain." I
KNEW you couldn't.

Let's see, one can commune with nature while walking along a trail wearing
shoes manufactured from leather (poor little Clarabell the cow that gave her
life for those shoes.  One of God's magnificent creatures of NATURE!) and a
sole of *** (created using petroleum products siphoned from the earth
which has led to countless spills further polluting areas where no machine
can even reach in order to properly clean up)  HYPOCRITE!

Previous Post:  I also see miles and miles of new roadways being built
every day and countless new housing developments being built.  Each of these
is destroying way more natural habitat than any number of bicyclists do
while riding on an established trail in a designated area.

MV:  That is no excuse for destroying MORE habitat. DUH!

So the total destruction of habitat by bringing out the bulldozer to erect
housing, shopping centers, parking lots, etc. is being advocated and you're
pissy (insert alternate vowel at your own discretion) because a few
bicyclists are riding on established trails?  STUPID!

1)  Do you own a car

MV:  No.

http://SportToday.org/

Do you use any mechanized form of transportation in your daily life to
obtain goods and services?  Has anything ever been delivered to your home or
do you have your own personal Sherpa that you can send on long treks to town
and strap things to his head for the return leg?  HYPOCRITE

2)  do you live in a house that is built on land once undeveloped

MV:  I didn't create it.

Oh, so then it's okay that you didn't create it.  Well I didn't create the
trails I ride on so then by the same logic it must be OKAY to ride on them.
IDIOT!

Previous Post:  Do those schools stand on land that was once undeveloped

MV: What does that have to do with what YOU are doing? NOTHING! You are like
a
little child telling your mommy that you shouldn't be punished, because your
older brother did something WORSE.

It shows that you've benefited greatly in your life by the very thing you
claim to be protecting.  You've received the benefit of an education on
sacred ground that once was an ecological gold mine and has since been
reduced to nothing more than a few buildings with artificial landscaping.
It shows that your education DESTROYED the environment far more than the
occasional cyclist riding down an ESTABLISHED trail.  it shows that you're a
HYPOCRITE!

Previous Post:.4)  did the books you studied in school and obviously
continue to do so now
.come printed on natural paper derived from trees that are no longer
.standing?
.5)  Do you own anything derived from petroleum (plastics being the big one)
.6)  Do you benefit from any of societies advances in the past 200 years
that
.have wreaked havoc on the environment you claim to so dearly want to
.protect?

MV:  If you think that ANY of this excuses your behavior, you are crazy And
dishonest.

Again, it shows that you are a HYPOCRITE.  and obviously and IDIOT!  Duh!Oh
wait, I forgot one.  LIAR!  and all this time I thought you needed a PhD to
utter those remarks..........


Quote:

> >Thank you for your comments regarding my previous email, they served
> to further prove my suspicions you are fighting a lost cause.  I have
> to ask the question, if you are so obviously against the sport of
> Mountain Biking, what do you hope to achieve by attempting to ban us
> for every piece of countryside?(and don't say an end to the
> destruction of wild life habbitats because that will not be the case!)

> I have ALREADY succeeded in banning bikes from some areas. More to
> follow, as people become educated about the real impacts of mountain
> biking and other abuse of wildlife.

> >Assume for a second this was the case, the 8 million or so mountain
> bikers are just going to disappear?  You have branded us law breaking
> scum bags with no regard to any part of the natural world, the Mac
> Donald's of sports so to speak, do you honestly believe the sport is
> going to role over and die?

> No, no more than OTHER crimes against the Earth will disappear, but it
> will have the image it deserves.

> >I do see and agree with your point that the destruction of the
> natural world must be stopped and that Mountain Biking is responsible,
> in part, for this(that's in part, not completely).  However I fail to
> see the logic behind an all out *** against it, I would say
> compromise but it appears you are far passed that stage.

> Every compromise is a 100% LOSS for wildlife. Example: I want your
> house; Now let's compromise: give me HALF of it! See how silly that
> is?

> >  It is my wish that one day all of the users of the countryside can
> co exist and enjoy nature for what it is

> We COULD, BEFORE mountain biking came along. Mountain biking destroyed
> that peace. Why should anyone compromise with you criminals? We don't
> compromise with OTHER criminals!

> > (yes believe it or not there are mountain bikers who 'enjoy' nature,

> Maybe, but they don't treat it with the respect it deserves. You guys
> treat it like your own PRIVATE playground, where everyone else just
> has to put up with you.

> > and yes I do stop to take it all in) Though sadly in your case this
> may never happen, the idea of compromise and mountain biking do not
> appear to go together.

> Of course not. Let's compromise on the ownership of your house!

> >My only opinion upon this subject is that banning Mountain Biking
> would create a lot more complications and problems than it could ever
> solve, and deep down you to know the exact reasons why

> I don't see why. Humans had no trouble enjoying nature without
> bringing along a large piece of MACHINERY for about 6 million
> years....

> >Regards
> Alex Smiles

> >PS
> Its nice to see you hold all Mountain Bikers with the same regard, we
> are NOT all thugs you know!

> No, but in my experience, you are all liars.

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

> http://SportToday.org/


 
 
 

The Sport Of Mountain Biking-A UK perspective

Post by JoellesHusba » Mon, 22 Apr 2002 07:35:14

Quote:


> >Thank you for your comments regarding my previous email, they served
> to further prove my suspicions you are fighting a lost cause.  I have
> to ask the question, if you are so obviously against the sport of
> Mountain Biking, what do you hope to achieve by attempting to ban us
> for every piece of countryside?(and don't say an end to the
> destruction of wild life habbitats because that will not be the case!)

> I have ALREADY succeeded in banning bikes from some areas. More to
> follow, as people become educated about the real impacts of mountain
> biking and other abuse of wildlife.

> >Assume for a second this was the case, the 8 million or so mountain
> bikers are just going to disappear?  You have branded us law breaking
> scum bags with no regard to any part of the natural world, the Mac
> Donald's of sports so to speak, do you honestly believe the sport is
> going to role over and die?

> No, no more than OTHER crimes against the Earth will disappear, but it
> will have the image it deserves.

> >I do see and agree with your point that the destruction of the
> natural world must be stopped and that Mountain Biking is responsible,
> in part, for this(that's in part, not completely).  However I fail to
> see the logic behind an all out *** against it, I would say
> compromise but it appears you are far passed that stage.

> Every compromise is a 100% LOSS for wildlife. Example: I want your
> house; Now let's compromise: give me HALF of it! See how silly that
> is?

> >  It is my wish that one day all of the users of the countryside can
> co exist and enjoy nature for what it is

> We COULD, BEFORE mountain biking came along. Mountain biking destroyed
> that peace. Why should anyone compromise with you criminals? We don't
> compromise with OTHER criminals!

> > (yes believe it or not there are mountain bikers who 'enjoy' nature,

> Maybe, but they don't treat it with the respect it deserves. You guys
> treat it like your own PRIVATE playground, where everyone else just
> has to put up with you.

> > and yes I do stop to take it all in) Though sadly in your case this
> may never happen, the idea of compromise and mountain biking do not
> appear to go together.

> Of course not. Let's compromise on the ownership of your house!

> >My only opinion upon this subject is that banning Mountain Biking
> would create a lot more complications and problems than it could ever
> solve, and deep down you to know the exact reasons why

> I don't see why. Humans had no trouble enjoying nature without
> bringing along a large piece of MACHINERY for about 6 million
> years....

> >Regards
> Alex Smiles

> >PS
> Its nice to see you hold all Mountain Bikers with the same regard, we
> are NOT all thugs you know!

> No, but in my experience, you are all liars.

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

> http://SportToday.org/

PPPPFFFFTTTTT!!!!!