Giro-d'Italia stage 15 summary

Giro-d'Italia stage 15 summary

Post by Bob Marti » Wed, 24 May 2006 01:54:25


Changes in stage 15 compared to stage 14

Biggest gainers by position :
       +3   Sven Krauss
       +3   Giovanni Lombardi
       +2   Yuriy Krivtsov
       +2   William Bonnet
       +2   Stef Clement
       +2   Sergiy Matveyev
       +2   Serge Baguet
       +2   Paolo Bettini
       +2   Olaf Pollack
       +2   Leonardo Scarselli

Biggest losers by position :
       -3   Yoann Le Boulanger
       -2   Frantisek Rabon
       -2   Gabriele Missaglia
       -2   John Gadret
       -1   Emanuele Sella
       -1   Ivan Mayoz
       -1   Jens Voigt
       -1   Jose Serpa
       -1   Leonardo Piepoli
       -1   Paolo Tiralongo
       -1   Serguei Gonchar

Biggest gainers by time :
    +0:20   Paolo Bettini
    +0:12   Olaf Pollack
    +0:08   Robert Forster

Biggest losers by time :
    -2:16   Gabriele Missaglia
    -2:12   Ivan Mayoz
    -2:03   Preben Van Hecke
    -1:40   Carl Naibo
    -1:40   Yoann Le Boulanger
    -1:26   Aaron Olsen
    -1:26   Frantisek Rabon
    -0:26   Benat Albizuri Aransolo
    -0:16   Alessandro Vanotti
    -0:16   Alexandr Kolobnev
    -0:16   Amael Moinard

Favourites by position :
       -1   Serguei Gonchar
       -1   Leonardo Piepoli

Favourites by time :
    -0:16   Serguei Gonchar
    -0:16   Leonardo Piepoli
    -0:16   Carlos Sastre Candil

Favourites standings :
        1  Ivan Basso                                 59.44.07
        2  Jos E. Gutierrez Cataluna                     3.27
        3  Paolo Savoldelli                               5.30
        4  Wladimir Belli                                 7.35
        5  Gilberto Simoni                                8.00
        .....
        7  Franco Pellizotti                              8.14
        8  Tom Danielson                                  8.35
        9  Damiano Cunego                                 8.58
       10  Danilo Di Luca                                10.36
        .....
       13  Andrea Noe'                                   12.24
        .....
       18  Giampaolo Caruso                              13.52
        .....
       23  Leonardo Piepoli                              16.38
        .....
       27  Luca Mazzanti                                 19.56
        .....
       38  Carlos Sastre Candil                          28.04
        .....
       46  Serguei Gonchar                               31.44

Retirements to date :
    AG2R Prevoyance                         Mark Scanlon                             DNF 12
       "                                    Tomas Vaitkus                            DNF 13
    Bouygues Telecom                        Andy Flickinger
       "                                    Giovanni Bernaudeau                      DNS 14
       "                                    Sbastien Chavanel
    Ceramica Panaria-Navigare               Moises Aldape Chavez
    Cofidis, le Credit par Telephone        Cristian Moreni
       "                                    Leonardo Bertagnolli                     DNF 4
       "                                    Staf Scheirlinckx                        DNF 14
       "                                    Thierry Marichal
    Davitamon-Lotto                         Christophe Brandt                        DNS 4
       "                                    Robbie Mcewen
    Euskaltel-Euskadi                       Andoni Aranaga Azkune                    DNF 14
       "                                    Koldo Fernandez
       "                                    Roberto Laiseka Jaio                     DNF 12
    Fran?aise des Jeux                      Bradley Mcgee
       "                                    Philippe Gilbert                         DNS 12
    Gerolsteiner                            Davide Rebellin
       "                                    Ronny Scholz                             DNF 14
    Liberty Seguros-Wrth Team              Dariusz Baranowski                       DNF 10
       "                                    Marcos A. Serrano Rodriguez              DNS 13
    Liquigas                                Vladimir Miholjevic                      DNS 14
    Phonak Hearing Systems                  Axel Merckx                              DNS 15   <<
    Quick Step-Innergetic                   Remmert Wielinga
    Rabobank                                Graeme Brown
       "                                    Michael Rasmussen                        DNS 12
    Selle Italia-Serramenti Diquigiovanni   Alessandro Bertolini
       "                                    Jos Rujano Guillen                      DNF 13
    T-Mobile Team                           Andr Korff
       "                                    Michael Rogers                           DNS 13
    Team Milram                             Alessandro Petacchi                      DNS 4
 Total retirements : 31

 
 
 

Giro-d'Italia stage 15 summary

Post by RicodJou » Wed, 24 May 2006 07:35:45

Quote:

> Changes in stage 15 compared to stage 14

Bob, I really appreciate the summaries and stage color pieces you post.
 They're great.  If you had a PayPal link at the bottom of your posts
I'd send you a small token to thank you for the time and effort
involved.  I think a lot of people would.  You'd probably make a ton of
money.  Of course all that money would probably go to your head - it
always does.  It'd start corrupting you and probably open the doors to
*** and shennagins.  People paying to have _their_ favorites
featured.  You'd probably be s***kin' rich, under investigation for
money laundering, indicted and thrown in the slammer.  Some dude named
Spike would take a liking to you.

You know what, Bob?  Skip the PayPal link and just accept my thank you.

R

 
 
 

Giro-d'Italia stage 15 summary

Post by Bob Marti » Wed, 24 May 2006 16:58:28


Quote:

>> Changes in stage 15 compared to stage 14

>Bob, I really appreciate the summaries and stage color pieces you post.
>They're great.  If you had a PayPal link at the bottom of your posts
>I'd send you a small token to thank you for the time and effort
>involved.  I think a lot of people would.  You'd probably make a ton of
>money.  Of course all that money would probably go to your head - it
>always does.  It'd start corrupting you and probably open the doors to
>*** and shennagins.  People paying to have _their_ favorites
>featured.  You'd probably be s***kin' rich, under investigation for
>money laundering, indicted and thrown in the slammer.  Some dude named
>Spike would take a liking to you.

>You know what, Bob?  Skip the PayPal link and just accept my thank you.

>R

Thanks for the thought and for a good laugh ;-)

btw it is very little effort - I have been doing it for my son and me for quite a few
years so I just had to add a few lines of code to post it at the same time.

 
 
 

Giro-d'Italia stage 15 summary

Post by Bob Marti » Wed, 24 May 2006 16:59:43


Quote:

>> Changes in stage 15 compared to stage 14

>Bob, I really appreciate the summaries and stage color pieces you post.
>They're great.  If you had a PayPal link at the bottom of your posts
>I'd send you a small token to thank you for the time and effort
>involved.  I think a lot of people would.  You'd probably make a ton of
>money.  Of course all that money would probably go to your head - it
>always does.  It'd start corrupting you and probably open the doors to
>*** and shennagins.  People paying to have _their_ favorites
>featured.  You'd probably be s***kin' rich, under investigation for
>money laundering, indicted and thrown in the slammer.  Some dude named
>Spike would take a liking to you.

>You know what, Bob?  Skip the PayPal link and just accept my thank you.

>R

Forget to say that I can't take the credit for the "color pieces" as that is a different Bob
(there's a lot of us).
 
 
 

Giro-d'Italia stage 15 summary

Post by RicodJou » Wed, 24 May 2006 23:21:22

Quote:

> Forget to say that I can't take the credit for the "color pieces" as that is a different Bob
> (there's a lot of us).

Holy crap!  You guys are _breeding_?!  What's the world coming to....?
;)

My thanks go to Bob II as well.  Thanks!

 
 
 

Giro-d'Italia stage 15 summary

Post by RicodJou » Wed, 24 May 2006 23:24:43

Quote:

> Thanks for the thought and for a good laugh ;-)

> btw it is very little effort - I have been doing it for my son and me for quite a few
> years so I just had to add a few lines of code to post it at the same time.

Hmmm.  See, I would have said something along the lines of not minding
doing the several hours of work at the wee hours of the morning as I
felt it was a crucial public service to the cadre of loyal cycling
fans.  You know, lie.  ;)

How long does it take you to work up the summary?

R

 
 
 

Giro-d'Italia stage 15 summary

Post by Bob Marti » Thu, 25 May 2006 02:22:59


Quote:

>> Thanks for the thought and for a good laugh ;-)

>> btw it is very little effort - I have been doing it for my son and me for quite a few
>> years so I just had to add a few lines of code to post it at the same time.

>Hmmm.  See, I would have said something along the lines of not minding
>doing the several hours of work at the wee hours of the morning as I
>felt it was a crucial public service to the cadre of loyal cycling
>fans.  You know, lie.  ;)

>How long does it take you to work up the summary?

>R

You almost convinced me to exaggerate, but as soon as I know the results are available
I run the program, check the output and if it looks good I give it the ok to post.  About 20 seconds.
Good job you didn't send that cash ;-)
 
 
 

Giro-d'Italia stage 15 summary

Post by RicodJou » Thu, 25 May 2006 05:46:26

Quote:



> >> Thanks for the thought and for a good laugh ;-)

> >> btw it is very little effort - I have been doing it for my son and me for quite a few
> >> years so I just had to add a few lines of code to post it at the same time.

> >Hmmm.  See, I would have said something along the lines of not minding
> >doing the several hours of work at the wee hours of the morning as I
> >felt it was a crucial public service to the cadre of loyal cycling
> >fans.  You know, lie.  ;)

> >How long does it take you to work up the summary?

> >R

> You almost convinced me to exaggerate, but as soon as I know the results are available
> I run the program, check the output and if it looks good I give it the ok to post.  About 20 seconds.
> Good job you didn't send that cash ;-)

20 seconds?!  Kee-rist!  For that little time expenditure I would have
insisted on a refund.

R