Spoke-Calc wall chart

Spoke-Calc wall chart

Post by FULMADU » Sun, 20 Dec 1998 04:00:00


Can anybody tell me if the Spoke-Calc wall chart system sold by The Third Hand
is worth the $36 selling price? I have been buying older out of production hubs
for some wheel projects and can't find the hubs on Haden's web site spoke
calculator. I don't have MS Excel to use Rinard's program either. It justs
sounds like a good system for me to consider for my uses. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Tony Z of Kailua, Oahu

 
 
 

Spoke-Calc wall chart

Post by FULMADU » Sun, 20 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>Haden's web site

Whoops, meant D. Halem's web site!

 
 
 

Spoke-Calc wall chart

Post by John Evere » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00


says...

Quote:

>Can anybody tell me if the Spoke-Calc wall chart system sold by The Third
Hand
>is worth the $36 selling price? I have been buying older out of production
hub
>s
>for some wheel projects and can't find the hubs on Haden's web site spoke
>calculator. I don't have MS Excel to use Rinard's program either. It justs
>sounds like a good system for me to consider for my uses. Any help is
greatly
>appreciated.

On Dan Halem's site you're not limited to the hubs he has listed. Just
measure your hubs and plug in the measurements yourself. Sure beats spending
$36 for something that may not have your hubs listed either.

BTW, some time ago I posted a rudimentory (but accurate) spoke length
calculator in both Excel and Lotus 123 formats. If you have 123, just check
dejanews.

--

             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Things have gotten so bad I feel the need to disguise my email address.
And I don't like this explanation because I just hate long signatures.

 
 
 

Spoke-Calc wall chart

Post by FULMADU » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I should have looked into the Halem site a bit
deeper.

Tony Z of Kailua, Oahu

Quote:
>On Dan Halem's site you're not limited to the hubs he has listed. Just
>measure your hubs and plug in the measurements yourself. Sure beats spending
>$36 for something that may not have your hubs listed either.

 
 
 

Spoke-Calc wall chart

Post by David Hensche » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

forget the cash and use the web - it's free, and unfortunately not my site.

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~dhalem/java/wheel/wheel.html

      |
_D_A_\|/_I_D_

 
 
 

Spoke-Calc wall chart

Post by PPWren » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Do you build a lot of wheels??
if you do-get the Wheelsmith spoke calc system-can calculate any hub/rim combo
on earth-
Peter