Good News, Bad News

Good News, Bad News

Post by Eilee » Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:06:58


Dolly is back on her hay, out with the other girls, so far so good
after a day and a half. Still gets grain soup and will continue to get
it that way.

OTOH, she has a fat hind fetlock and a hot foot, so I guess we are
also going to have our annual abscess.

GGggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Eileen Morgan
The Mare's Nest (PA)
http://themaresnest.us/

 
 
 

Good News, Bad News

Post by dk » Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:41:56


Quote:
> Dolly is back on her hay, out with the other girls, so far so good
> after a day and a half. Still gets grain soup and will continue to get
> it that way.

Good!

Quote:
> OTOH, she has a fat hind fetlock and a hot foot, so I guess we are
> also going to have our annual abscess.

Bad ...

How long has it taken to resolve on previous occasions?

Cheers,

Tim

 
 
 

Good News, Bad News

Post by Eilee » Fri, 24 Dec 2010 10:49:13


Quote:

> > Dolly is back on her hay, out with the other girls, so far so good
> > after a day and a half. Still gets grain soup and will continue to get
> > it that way.

> Good!

> > OTOH, she has a fat hind fetlock and a hot foot, so I guess we are
> > also going to have our annual abscess.

> Bad ...

> How long has it taken to resolve on previous occasions?

7-10 days is average. Then there was that year four winters ago where
it took 3+ months, two sets of x-rays, considering euthanasia, grade
4-5 lame most of the time. That was a fun one. Most of them just puff,
she gets sore, they pop, she heals. She has weird ridges on the soles
of her hooves and they are just a grit trap, no matter what we do. She
has routinely had one or so a year her whole life, as I understand
from her prior barn's owners.

Eileen Morgan
The Mare's Nest (PA)
http://themaresnest.us/

 
 
 

Good News, Bad News

Post by Sue Leopo » Sat, 25 Dec 2010 02:31:08

Quote:

> Dolly is back on her hay, out with the other girls, so far so good
> after a day and a half. Still gets grain soup and will continue to get
> it that way.

> OTOH, she has a fat hind fetlock and a hot foot, so I guess we are
> also going to have our annual abscess.

> GGggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ya know, for a free horse she sure consumes a lot of resources
in vet bills. ;-)

But she's the Potential Olympic Threat so she's well worth it.

Sue