Ok, so the good news is that I managed to fix my hot tape fence! Woo
HOO! Not exactly my forte, LOL. I did the "attack everything"
approach. I cleaned the connectors and stuff, even though they didn't
look bad, and snugged the tapes up and all. Walked the fence line and
weeded, even though I just did that last week and nothing much had
sprung up. Tightened the tape, redid all the splices, checked all the
connector things. Watered the post, even though it rained Monday. And
now, we have zap! Not a heck of a zap, but definate zap and hopefully
Ms. Dolly is deterred by the amount of zappage. Made me leap back and
I was ready for it, LOL.
good last night when I did my 'ride at dusk' routine, and she walked
out fine and normal in the hack part of our ride this morning.
Trotting in a straight line she didn't feel as eager to move out as
usual but was not balky or uneven. On a circle she is sore behind,
both directions. Poop. I'll give her a few days off and see if she
just tweaked something or is brewing an abscess or something; if she
stays sore of course we'll have the vet out for a check up. No obvious
heat, swelling, injuries, or sensitivity on a palpation. I'm not
giving any pallatives because I don't want to mask a developing issue.
So three horses, nothing to ride.
Neutral News: Moonlight has milk--light yellow to clearish, slightly
sticky but not terribly so. She has loosened up her ligaments and
muscles enough on her tail head that you can gently and slowly bring
her tail straight up over her back and all the way down to touch the
bone tip to her spine. We are a week from day 315, which is what my
vet has as a 'I'd not like it earlier than' date. So, I told her to
sit on it for another week, and then she can do as she likes but
please don't make me wait until August. :-)
The Mare's Nest