Anybody play the Firepro game for the PS2???

Anybody play the Firepro game for the PS2???

Post by con el asno jugoso mojado encantador grande de Vida Guer » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 05:42:04


If so, how is it???

How does it compare to the Dreamcast one (which was the best version
EVER IMO)???

Every wrestling game should either play like Firepro OR No Mercy...

-
Diamonds are forever...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Wc62W70a8
and so is Ric Flair...

 
 
 

Anybody play the Firepro game for the PS2???

Post by \ » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 06:02:30

Danger3210 (con el asno jugoso mojado encantador grande de Vida Guerra)

Quote:
> If so, how is it???

> How does it compare to the Dreamcast one (which was the best version
> EVER IMO)???

> Every wrestling game should either play like Firepro OR No Mercy...

If you're used to SvR-style games, this will take some getting used to.
Once you get the timing on the grapples down pat, you'll enjoy the
gameplay, but if you're a graphics or audio snob (I am not), give it a
wide berth. Also, the manual in the box is French only. Not an issue for
bilingual people, but annoying otherwise. You can download the pdf of
the English manual online.

CAW is ridiculously detailed and has some crazy moves, but that can get
a bit tired as there doesn't appear to be a way to sort them into
categories.

--
--
Lansdellicious - out. SURIMATE!
http://www.411mania.com/user_profile.php?user_id=2212
www.altraps.com

 
 
 

Anybody play the Firepro game for the PS2???

Post by con el asno jugoso mojado encantador grande de Vida Guer » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 06:59:55

On Mar 13, 5:02?pm, "\"Lansdellicious\" Chris Lansdell"


Quote:
> Danger3210 (con el asno jugoso mojado encantador grande de Vida Guerra)

> > How does it compare to the Dreamcast one (which was the best version
> > EVER IMO)???

> > Every wrestling game should either play like Firepro OR No Mercy...

> If you're used to SvR-style games, this will take some getting used to.
> Once you get the timing on the grapples down pat, you'll enjoy the
> gameplay, but if you're a graphics or audio snob (I am not), give it a
> wide berth. Also, the manual in the box is French only. Not an issue for
> bilingual people, but annoying otherwise. You can download the pdf of
> the English manual online.

> CAW is ridiculously detailed and has some crazy moves, but that can get
> a bit tired as there doesn't appear to be a way to sort them into
> categories.

Yeah I usually d'l someone else CAWsaves or just copy the templates
from someone else... I might tweak with the formula but I was always
too lazy to create somebody from scratch...

One quick question... How many wrestlers can appear on screen at
once??? 4, 6, or 8???

Looks like I might have to buy a PS2 again after I just sold mine last
year...

-
Diamonds are forever...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Wc62W70a8
and so is Ric Flair...

 
 
 

Anybody play the Firepro game for the PS2???

Post by \ » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 07:02:34

Danger3210 (con el asno jugoso mojado encantador grande de Vida Guerra)

Quote:
> On Mar 13, 5:02 pm, "\"Lansdellicious\" Chris Lansdell"


>> Danger3210 (con el asno jugoso mojado encantador grande de Vida Guerra)

>>> How does it compare to the Dreamcast one (which was the best version
>>> EVER IMO)???
>>> Every wrestling game should either play like Firepro OR No Mercy...
>> If you're used to SvR-style games, this will take some getting used to.
>> Once you get the timing on the grapples down pat, you'll enjoy the
>> gameplay, but if you're a graphics or audio snob (I am not), give it a
>> wide berth. Also, the manual in the box is French only. Not an issue for
>> bilingual people, but annoying otherwise. You can download the pdf of
>> the English manual online.

>> CAW is ridiculously detailed and has some crazy moves, but that can get
>> a bit tired as there doesn't appear to be a way to sort them into
>> categories.

> Yeah I usually d'l someone else CAWsaves or just copy the templates
> from someone else... I might tweak with the formula but I was always
> too lazy to create somebody from scratch...

> One quick question... How many wrestlers can appear on screen at
> once??? 4, 6, or 8???

> Looks like I might have to buy a PS2 again after I just sold mine last
> year...

I BELIEVE it's 8. I wouldn't buy a new PS2 for this game, but if you can
get a used one, it might be worth it.

--
--
Lansdellicious - out. SURIMATE!
http://www.411mania.com/user_profile.php?user_id=2212
www.altraps.com

 
 
 

Anybody play the Firepro game for the PS2???

Post by Official Mafia Spokesperso » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 07:14:45

""Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell"


Quote:
> Danger3210 (con el asno jugoso mojado encantador grande de Vida Guerra)

>> On Mar 13, 5:02 pm, "\"Lansdellicious\" Chris Lansdell"


>>> Danger3210 (con el asno jugoso mojado encantador grande de Vida Guerra)

>>>> How does it compare to the Dreamcast one (which was the best version
>>>> EVER IMO)???
>>>> Every wrestling game should either play like Firepro OR No Mercy...
>>> If you're used to SvR-style games, this will take some getting used to.
>>> Once you get the timing on the grapples down pat, you'll enjoy the
>>> gameplay, but if you're a graphics or audio snob (I am not), give it a
>>> wide berth. Also, the manual in the box is French only. Not an issue for
>>> bilingual people, but annoying otherwise. You can download the pdf of
>>> the English manual online.

>>> CAW is ridiculously detailed and has some crazy moves, but that can get
>>> a bit tired as there doesn't appear to be a way to sort them into
>>> categories.

>> Yeah I usually d'l someone else CAWsaves or just copy the templates
>> from someone else... I might tweak with the formula but I was always
>> too lazy to create somebody from scratch...

>> One quick question... How many wrestlers can appear on screen at
>> once??? 4, 6, or 8???

>> Looks like I might have to buy a PS2 again after I just sold mine last
>> year...

> I BELIEVE it's 8. I wouldn't buy a new PS2 for this game, but if you can
> get a used one, it might be worth it.

Yes, it's 8.  BTW that battle royal is a great, great mode.  Fire Pro
Returns (which I assume is what you're talking about) lacks a Victory Road
(1P taking on the CPU, all the other wrestlers to get the belt) option but
otherwise is excellent.  Moves like the Widow's Peak and Go 2 Sleep are in
there but usually under different names.  Fun, fun game.