What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by Steve Lo » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00


I know it a long time from now,but I was wondering what everyone would
like to see CP build in 2000. I have been hearing RUMORS for years that
CP is build the largest, Tallest, fastest, highest B & M coaster in the
world. I know I sound like a comercial for the park. I would love if CP
built a 300 foot Kumba style sit-down coaster. Ok that is my opinion.
Come on you CP fans tell me your 2000 dreams!
 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by Coastrf » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

a Roller Coaster!

JEFF

 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by RICKY SM » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

A CCI woodie, please, with no ratcheting lap bar. Actually I would rather a CCI
go to almost ANY other park than CP.
Ricky (who likes traditional parks a bunch)

 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by nomica » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> I know it a long time from now,but I was wondering what everyone would
> like to see CP build in 2000. I have been hearing RUMORS for years that
> CP is build the largest, Tallest, fastest, highest B & M coaster in the
> world. I know I sound like a comercial for the park. I would love if CP
> built a 300 foot Kumba style sit-down coaster. Ok that is my opinion.
> Come on you CP fans tell me your 2000 dreams!

I would like to see a B&m sitdown at CP, but this 300 foot stat I keep
hearing seems a bit ridiculous. I would rather see designers come up with
innovative layouts rather than designing coasters whose only
distinguishing characteristics are size and speed. I hope that whoever
builds the coaster for 2000 uses CP's unique setting to its fullest
extent.  A lift hill adjacent to Lake Erie, tunnels, turns over the
water--the thought of it brings a smile to my face.
 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by Jeff » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

One of my sources says something big might be in the works, perhaps from
Morgan or B&M, not sure which. He also says that until they can develop the
polyurethane material to last longer, 300 feet might be another year or two
off. Seems those darn wheels just melt away!

I pulling for anything with a large "wow" factor.

-Jeff
http://www.popworld.com/thepoint/

 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by Fsurulz1 » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

i would like to see a lim launch ride.
 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by Mr Inksp » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

honestly if it's big and exciting i could care less who makes it or what kind
it is as long as it's top notch cp quality work....

            just thinkin',

 _____/\
/           \
Inkspot,  \______
\ DieHard CP Fan\_________________
| Waiting For The Next Record-Braking,\_______    

 \______________________________________/

 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by Richard Koppelma » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

A Kumba/Dragon Kahn (sit down looper) from B&M.  

Rich

 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by Greg Pacek - CrazyOn » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:45:58 -0500, Richard Koppelman wrote

Quote:

> A Kumba/Dragon Kahn (sit down looper) from B&M.  

How about an Oblivion-style coaster (does that type have a formal name now?)
with a much longer layout than Oblivion?

--

         Greg Pacek           |   when I think I hear people say
  Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Earth  |   things.  More I cannot say."
  Creative Craziness Worldwide - http://www.city-net.com/~crazyone

 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by Bdog8 » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>How about an Oblivion-style coaster (does that type have a formal name now?)
>with a much longer layout than Oblivion?

They're calling them "Dive machines".  I prefer goofy near vertical drop
rollercoaster w/ ***y weird shuttle trains :)  Jk

On a more serious note though, I wouldn't mind seeing one of these at CP.  It'd
be something different (they're running out of coaster styles :)  I'd only
really want them to get one if it would be REALLY huge 250+, and TRUE
vertical... none of this 87 degrees BS :)

Brendan Musser

                                          # 1- ALPENGEIST

              "The only limit we're gonna see is what people will get on."

 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by DJMH » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

YES:  S&S Launch Coaster using air compression.

NO B&M whatever
NO MORGAN
NO 300FT +
NO 10+MULTI-LOOPER
NO ARROW COMEBACK
Nothing in Camper Village
Nothing in the Oceana Area
Nothing built into the parking lot
Nothing built into, over, under the lake
Nothing behind mean streak
Nothing built on the islands of the lagoons
Magnum is not sinking :^)

Any questions,

Dan Haverlock (PO!NTER For L!fe)   ACE & ECC & COST  MEMBER
DAN'S PO!NT: www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/towers/3428/

Home Park (For L!fe) :  Cedar Po!nt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Number One Steel (For L!fe)  Magnum XL 200

Number One Woodie: Shivering Timbers

 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by WalMart » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Why not another inverted?  Sounds crazy, but why not?  Parks have more than one
woodie, right?  Parks have more than one sit down, right?  Maybe an LIM
suspended, or even a Hyper-Inverted.  Stand-up LIM, or Stand up Hyper.  This is
probably not possible, but how about an LIM Oblivion with the vertical drop
occuring at 40 mph?  Stand up Oblivion?  An Invertigo, except a regular
inverted track with lift and first drop.  The first coaster with both an LIM
launch and lift hill.  There is so many things they can do by combining ride
technologies.  I hope it is big, though, either way.  
 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by David Promislo » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00


Quote:

> I know it a long time from now,but I was wondering what everyone would
> like to see CP build in 2000. I have been hearing RUMORS for years that
> CP is build the largest, Tallest, fastest, highest B & M coaster in the
> world. I know I sound like a comercial for the park. I would love if CP
> built a 300 foot Kumba style sit-down coaster. Ok that is my opinion.
> Come on you CP fans tell me your 2000 dreams!

I'd like to see a recreation of their classic Cyclone coaster.  I believe
it came down in the 50's.

David

 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by BriL » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I would like to see a coaster that starts out inverted, then changes to a
sitdown hypercoaster.  Hey, nothings impossible =0)

-Brian
http://come.to/coastconn
Next Trip(s): Kennywood and Knoebels Next Summer

 
 
 

What would you like to see CP build in 2000?

Post by Matthew Doa » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

How about a 300+ foot 10X looping S&S air launched coaster that goes under
water???  Seriously, I have to say that I am a bit disappointed that CP is
not building a major new coaster for next year.  CP is an enthusiast park,
not a kiddy park if you ask me.  I don't think Camp Snoopy will lead to any
significant increase in attendance.  Families that want theming and junk
like that will go to Dismey or Busch Gardens or even PKI.   I guess I can
understand though.  They've spent a lot of money lately.  But if they wait
until 2000, that is 4 years in between major coasters.  Here's hoping that
CP will build something kick-ass in 2000!!!

-Matt

Quote:

>YES:  S&S Launch Coaster using air compression.

>NO B&M whatever
>NO MORGAN
>NO 300FT +
>NO 10+MULTI-LOOPER
>NO ARROW COMEBACK
>Nothing in Camper Village
>Nothing in the Oceana Area
>Nothing built into the parking lot
>Nothing built into, over, under the lake
>Nothing behind mean streak
>Nothing built on the islands of the lagoons
>Magnum is not sinking :^)

>Any questions,

>Dan Haverlock (PO!NTER For L!fe)   ACE & ECC & COST  MEMBER
>DAN'S PO!NT: www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/towers/3428/

>Home Park (For L!fe) :  Cedar Po!nt
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Number One Steel (For L!fe)  Magnum XL 200

>Number One Woodie: Shivering Timbers