Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by Wrstlsma » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00


There is always surveys on this newgroup that never get to the point.  Always
asking for the best first drop, or nest heartline spin?  Im here to get to the
point.  What is  your favorite woodie, your favorite steelie, your favorite
drop ride, your favorite stand-up (Gee...Thats hard), your favorite Inverted
and your favorite overall coaster.  What was the biggest disappointment, what
was the biggest suprise? What will be 1998's best new ride, what will be 1998's
biggest flop? And, last but not least, what is the best park in all of the
world?

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by Raethe » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00




For Further Examples:


Craig

Quote:
>There is always surveys on this newgroup that never get to the point.
Always
>asking for the best first drop, or nest heartline spin?  Im here to get to
the
>point.  What is  your favorite woodie, your favorite steelie, your favorite
>drop ride, your favorite stand-up (Gee...Thats hard), your favorite
Inverted
>and your favorite overall coaster.  What was the biggest disappointment,
what
>was the biggest suprise? What will be 1998's best new ride, what will be
1998's
>biggest flop? And, last but not least, what is the best park in all of the
>world?


 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by ItzaDaPo » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Favorite Woodie: Great American Scream Machine, SFoG
Favorite Drop Ride: Coasters 8)
Favorite Stand-Up: Shockwave, PKD
Favorite Inverted: Montu, BGT
Favorite Coaster: Montu, BGT
Favorite Sit-Down: Kumba**
Favorite B&M: Montu**
Favorite Arrow: Drachen Fire**
Favorite Steel Designer: B&M**
Favorite Wood Designer: John Miller**

Biggest Disappointment: Georgia Cyclone, SFoG
Biggest Surprise: Hmm...all the ones I like, I guess.

Best New Ride for '98: From the reviews...Shivering Timbers
'98's Biggest Flop: I'm predicting...Volcano: The Blast Coaster
Best Park: BGW without a doubt

**- Added Category
Note: All of these OPINIONS are based on what I have experienced (except the
'98-related categories).


-     -     -     -     -     -     -
Location: Orlando, Florida
Next Trip(s): BGT Sometime in June
ICQ: 11672351

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by NJ30Ne » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

just go to my webpage and see my favorite coasters.  

http://members.aol.com/NJ30Nets/rollercoasters.index.html

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by Bdog8 » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Wood:    The Beast
Steel:       Raptor
Drop:      Power Tower (Turbo Drop)
Standup: Mantis
Inverted:Raptor
Overall:  Raptor
Dissapointment:  OL:FoF (It was down when I went :( )
Surprise:  Demon Drop
98 Best:  Shivering Timbers
98 Flop:  Not sure...
Park:  CEDAR POINT

Brendan Musser

                       <<<<***RAPTOR RULES THE SKY***>>>>

              "The only limit we're gonna see is what people will get on."

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by Beat » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00







                                         ~owner of the coaster connection~
                                ~ http://members.aol.com/beat84/home.html~

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by Kryzzyt » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Best Wooden:  SHIVERING TIMBERS, without a doubt!!!
Overall Fav:     SHIVERING TIMBERS,
                              just beat out the Magnum for my favorite!
98 Best:             SHIVERING TIMBERS
Best in the 90's:  SHIVERING TIMBERS

SHIVERING TIMBERS, can't be beat!  Try it, you'll like it!

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by Christian Luch » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I agree. Make my list the same.
Chris.

Quote:

> Best Wooden:  SHIVERING TIMBERS, without a doubt!!!
> Overall Fav:     SHIVERING TIMBERS,
>                               just beat out the Magnum for my favorite!
> 98 Best:             SHIVERING TIMBERS
> Best in the 90's:  SHIVERING TIMBERS

> SHIVERING TIMBERS, can't be beat!  Try it, you'll like it!

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------

(Posted with Netscape Communicator 4.05)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by Daniel Northov » Mon, 15 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Here is my list

#1 Wood Wild One
#2 Wood Shivering Timbers
#1 Steel Magnum XL200
#1 SLC Serial Thriller
#1 Inverted AlpenGeist
#1 Wood Twister Roar
#1 Looper Laser
#1 Portable Steel CP WildCat
#1 Traditional Steel The Great White
#1 Arrow Wood Gemini
Worst Woods Mean Streak Hercules Raging Wolf Bobs
The Beast
********************************

********************************

Pursuent to U.S. Code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, DF227,
"Any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee of $500.00 U.S."
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by Fre » Mon, 15 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Best Wood:  Shivering Timbers

Best Steel: PepsiMax Big One

Best Inverted: Raptor

FRED of LA

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by CYCLONE » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Favorite woodie:      CYCLONE, Coney Island
Favorite steelie:        STEEL FORCE, Dorney Park
Favorite drop ride:   PITTFALL, Kennywood
Favorite stand-up:     MANTIS, Cedar Point
Favorite Inverted:    RAPTOR, Cedar Point
Favorite overall coaster:  CYCLONE, Coney Island
What was the biggest
disappointment:          ROAR, Adventure World
What was the biggest suprise:  SHIVERING TIMBERS, Michigan's Adventure
What is 1998's best new ride:  SHIVERING TIMBERS, Michigan's Adventure
What will be 1998's biggest flop:  um, VOLCANO? Paramount's Kings Dominion
And, last but not least, what
is the best park in
all of the world:                 CEDAR POINT

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by SteelFor » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>Favorite woodie:      CYCLONE, Coney Island
>Favorite steelie:        STEEL FORCE, Dorney Park
>Favorite drop ride:   PITTFALL, Kennywood
>Favorite stand-up:     MANTIS, Cedar Point
>Favorite Inverted:    RAPTOR, Cedar Point
>Favorite overall coaster:  CYCLONE, Coney Island
>What was the biggest
>disappointment:          ROAR, Adventure World
>What was the biggest suprise:  SHIVERING TIMBERS, Michigan's Adventure
>What is 1998's best new ride:  SHIVERING TIMBERS, Michigan's Adventure
>What will be 1998's biggest flop:  um, VOLCANO? Paramount's Kings Dominion
>And, last but not least, what
>is the best park in
>all of the world:                 CEDAR POINT

This is a good list, but I'll wait and see about the FLOP thing.......

SAM

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by Campman » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Favorite woodie:     Shivering Timber's
Favorite steelie:      Ummm... I'd have to say Montu.
Favorite drop ride:     Power Tower's Turbo Drop
Favorite stand-up:   Mantis
Favorite Inverted:    Montu
Favorite overall coaster:  Raging Wolf Bob's.  (J/K. Montu)
What was the biggest suprise:    The Beast
Best new ride of '98:   Gee, let me think.  Um, Shivering Timber's!
What will be 1998's biggest flop:  There won't be one.
best park in the world:   That would be Cedar Point.

 
 
 

Best Woodie...Best Steelie.....Best Inverted

Post by Rob Steer » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

OK. I'm going to preface this with one comment... I'm not really the
large traveler that many of you are... I am but a humble college student
with limited means... Never been to Cedar Point, never been to BGT, or
BGW (saw their front gate once, though... ;-). My experience is limited
to the northeast, and some parks down the east coast... So, my ratings
will reflect the coasters that I have personally ridden. Don't flame me,
my asbestos suit is at the cleaners... ;-)



#1 Steel:  Anaconda




this one listed on here yet...)


Favorite Overall: Yankee Cannonball in the evening after a rain

Disappointment: Roar...

Don't know about best and worst for 1998...

So there you have it, my limited experience list...
-Rob