extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

Post by Scratch » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00


why would they be gone in 20 years?

-chris
http://members.aol.com/scratchy6/

 
 
 

extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

Post by ZeroGra » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Because florida is growing rapidly and when you go there every year you see
more and more housing developements.  Cars, more and more fishing, sugar
plants, ect. add to the decreasing of wildlife and plants.  They are trying to
conserve it now.  It should stay here for a long long time.  It is very huge.
=)  I was thinking about builing a theme park at sawgrass mall (the largest
mall in florida and its right next to the everglades).  It could be themed
after the everglades with a coaster called the Florida Panther or Gator or
something like that.  Some of the procedes of the park could go to save the
everglades!  Right now game works is being built there and i think American
Wilderness something????  but this idea could be cool. =)

-Andy

 
 
 

extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

Post by Anthony C. Martine » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

isnt there a huge new mega mall being built in Florida  that will have a coaster
in it? I heard it was going to be called  Dolphin Mall. Does anyone else know  
more about this?

 
 
 

extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

Post by ZeroGra » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

w>isnt there a huge new mega mall being built in Florida  that will have a

Quote:
>coaster
>in it? I heard it was going to be called  Dolphin Mall. Does anyone else know

>more about this?

Where is this Dolphin Mall???  I dont think there is a mega coaster being
built.
 
 
 

extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

Post by MuggsB » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>Because florida is growing rapidly and when you go there every year you see
>more and more housing developements.  Cars, more and more fishing, sugar
>plants, ect. add to the decreasing of wildlife and plants.  They are trying
>to
>conserve it now.  It should stay here for a long long time.  It is very huge.
>=)  I was thinking about builing a theme park at sawgrass mall (the largest
>mall in florida and its right next to the everglades).  It could be themed
>after the everglades with a coaster called the Florida Panther or Gator or
>something like that.  Some of the procedes of the park could go to save the
>everglades!  Right now game works is being built there and i think American
>Wilderness something????  but this idea could be cool. =)

>-Andy

I just have to clear something up...Are you yourself planning to build a
themepark or you think it would be neat to build a theme park?  Anyways, how
much space is left out there?  The new arena is massive (and close!  That is,
if the panthers ever get good again), and it takes up a lot of space.  I
haven't been down there in a while (about 5 or 6 months ago to eat at the
Rainforest Cafe), and there is really, as I saw it, very little space for
additional development.  However, there may be land that I cannot or have not
seen...Can you Davie boys help me out here?


**********
Come visit my website, where you can download Coaster! Tracks, and even see
your own  designs featured on the site! Update 3/2. Here's the address:

http://members.aol.com/muggsb01/index.html     See you there!!

 
 
 

extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

Post by ZeroGra » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>I just have to clear something up...Are you yourself planning to build a
>themepark or you think it would be neat to build a theme park?  Anyways, how
>much space is left out there?  The new arena is massive (and close!  That is,
>if the panthers ever get good again), and it takes up a lot of space.  I
>haven't been down there in a while (about 5 or 6 months ago to eat at the
>Rainforest Cafe), and there is really, as I saw it, very little space for
>additional development.  However, there may be land that I cannot or have not
>seen...Can you Davie boys help me out here?



Well what i mean is if a Theme Park company could think about building an
amu***t park in south florida instead of central florida.  I remember Wane H.
 was going to build a huge amu***t area out there in Miramar but Viacom sayed
no or something.  Six Flags was like the only theme park down here that i could
remember.  I wish it was still here.  Anywayz.....there is still room around
the parking lot.  They could reck some of it (make a huge parking garage) to
add to the land still left.  Then they can just pack a whole bunch of rides
like Morey's Pier.   This park would be very profitable since sawgrass mall is
packed with torists.  You notice this when you go there and you here 11
different lang. and not one of them is english and they carry a lot of shopping
bags full of merchandise and usually have children wich means they have money
and once their children see the park they would probably beg to go to it.  Well
this is just a thought.  I cant wait till Wet and Wild comes to Fort
Lauderdale!!  Boca Raton is nice, but i think its just a haven for
snobs.....sorry MuggsB01.  Even though i live in davie, i dont live in the hick
part.  (thank god).  Hasta Lavista

-Andy

 
 
 

extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

Post by MuggsB » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

.>This park would be very profitable since sawgrass mall is

Quote:
>packed with torists.  You notice this when you go there and you here 11
>different lang. and not one of them is english and they carry a lot of
>shopping
>bags full of merchandise and usually have children wich means they have money
>and once their children see the park they would probably beg to go to it.
>I cant wait till Wet and Wild comes to Fort
>Lauderdale!!  Boca Raton is nice, but i think its just a haven for
>snobs.....sorry MuggsB01.  Even though i live in davie, i dont live in the
>hick
>part.  (thank god).  Hasta Lavista

No offense taken.  It's terrible up here.  Everyone's from Long Island and
feels that they OWN Boca, as well as its roads, restaurants and malls.  Boca
has so many commercial restrictions it's not funny:  No car dealers, no
billboards, no really high signs (all gas station, restaurant, etc. signs are
on the ground), and even the KMart had trouble franchising in Boca, because it
wasn't high scale enough.  And besides, I've said this before, there is NO room
here.  It's all taken by snowbirds who are only here 5 months out of the year,
and crowd up our roads and restaurants.  And Boca would NEVER let ANY sort of
theme park or amu***t put shop here.  Trust me.  By the way, have you ever
been to Bayside in Miami?  You feel like a minority.


**********
Come visit my website, where you can download Coaster! Tracks, and even see
your own  designs featured on the site! Update 3/2. Here's the address:

http://SportToday.org/;   See you there!!

 
 
 

extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

Post by ZeroGra » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>By the way, have you ever
>been to Bayside in Miami?  You feel like a minority.


>**********

he he he, yeah, but im brazilian, so i kind of understand spanish because its
like portuguess.  It just gets anoying when you go to miami and no one speaks
english.  I went to the Burger King in South Beach and the person only knows 4
words of english.   It's like a whole other country down there.  My parents
work in boca for some rich white haired people.  I cant stand the way those old
people drive!!!!!  And your right about the space thing.  I just hope Miami
stays part of the United States.  It's true that more then 50% of people there
are latin!  Oh well.

-Andy

 
 
 

extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

Post by Anthony C. Martine » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Did you see Fern Rosenthall in Boca? (Tracey Ullman)

 
 
 

extremely off topic: everglades (was florida, a trip to)

Post by ZeroGra » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Did you see Fern Rosenthall in Boca? (Tracey Ullman)

she is the "bomb"!  sorry, I didnt know she was comming.

-Andy