2001 predictions

2001 predictions

Post by Robert Ma » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00


We always like to do this so we can look back and luagh when it finaly comes so
here mine go
sfgradv Hyper B$M most likely
Hershey park=nothing cosmetic improvments
dorney=Inverted
Kenywood=New Steel Coaster
Moreys Piers=I dont know
Knobels=no idea maybe a flat ride
add yours

RobERT mack
I have tamed medusa 36 times
 http://freefalladventures.tripod.com

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by Thom » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Robert,

Why do you think SFGA will get a B&M hyper? With all the success of RoS in
other SF parks - I predict an Intamin hyper or maybe (one can hope) a Giga!

Tom

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by SCREAMSCAP » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Why do you think SFGA will get a B&M hyper? With all the success of RoS in
> other SF parks - I predict an Intamin hyper or maybe (one can hope) a Giga!

That's exactly why SFGAdv wont get an Intamin.

There are two versions of Superman: ROS within easy driving range of SFGAdv
(SFA & SFNE... and SFDL even isn't too much further away) so it would be
foolish for the park to build another one.  They'll go for a B&M or Giovanola
Hypercoaster like Raging Bull or Goliath.

SFMM, SFGAm, and SFGAdv almost always get similar attractions.

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by Locobo » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> We always like to do this so we can look back and luagh when it finaly comes so
> here mine go
> sfgradv Hyper B$M most likely
> Hershey park=nothing cosmetic improvments
> dorney=Inverted
> Kenywood=New Steel Coaster
> Moreys Piers=I dont know
> Knobels=no idea maybe a flat ride
> add yours

> RobERT mack
> I have tamed medusa 36 times
>  http://freefalladventures.tripod.com

        This one always is a given:

Magic Mountain: people will argue whether Superman: The Escape is or is
not a roller coaster.

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by mamoos » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>Robert,

>Why do you think SFGA will get a B&M hyper? With all the success of RoS in
>other SF parks - I predict an Intamin hyper or maybe (one can hope) a Giga!

>Tom

It's B&M.
 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by RyeDragon8 » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00


Quote:
>We always like to do this so we can look back and luagh when it finaly
comes so
>here mine go
>sfgradv Hyper B$M most likely
>Hershey park=nothing cosmetic improvments
>dorney=Inverted
>Kenywood=New Steel Coaster
>Moreys Piers=I dont know
>Knobels=no idea maybe a flat ride
>add yours

- Give back Mean Streak it's b*lls(heck, I haven't even been on it, but
pictures make me salivate; it should   RIDE the way it looks!!)
- Possible CC:s of MF at other Cedar Fair acquisitions.
- Titanic:The Ride
- Hindenburg: The Conflagration
- O.J. Simps -                 I'm outa here!!!    ;  )
Quote:

>RobERT mack
>I have tamed medusa 36 times
> http://freefalladventures.tripod.com

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by Tyle » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have a prediction. Kentucky Kingdom will get a rumor of a floorless and then
in about april we'll find out they're getting a Zierer family coaster that will
open in july and will drop you off in a Limited Too when you exit.
-----------------------------------------------------------
T2 - Tyler to the Second Power
http://members.aol.com/tyler946/coaster.html
 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by Sean Flahart » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> > Why do you think SFGA will get a B&M hyper? With all the success of RoS
in
> > other SF parks - I predict an Intamin hyper or maybe (one can hope) a
Giga!

> That's exactly why SFGAdv wont get an Intamin.

 I would have to agree. I also believe it is quite possible that SFGADv will
get a B&M speed coaster next year.

 I myself would love to see another speed coaster. One that
would...........Naaaa. Why go into dreamy details! =:^) I can dream can't I?

--

Sean (R.O.T.S. L.A.D) Flaharty

Irishcoast's Homepage
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/stage/7332

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by STOPSPA » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00


Quote:
>We always like to do this so we can look back and luagh when it finaly comes so
>here mine go
>sfgradv Hyper B$M most likely
>Hershey park=nothing cosmetic improvments
>dorney=Inverted
>Kenywood=New Steel Coaster
>Moreys Piers=I dont know
>Knobels=no idea maybe a flat ride
>add yours

I'll predict THREE new B&M's within a few hour's drive of SFGAdv.  At
least one will be a stand-up.  None will be floorless.

Hint: one is the inverted at Dorney, which will probably be a clone of
Raptor, or very similar.

And for those who might ask why they'd clone Raptor, think about it: the
only inverted coaster even remotely in the area that's bigger is
Alpengeist, which is far enough away to not be competition.


IMPORTANT: Please remove "STOPSPAM" from my address when
replying via e-mail.
My top 20 steelies list:                  My top 10 woodies list:
1) Montu               11) Batman (SFGAdv)   1) Shivering Timbers
2) Medusa              12) Batman Knight Fl. 2) Legend
3) Superman:ROS (SFNE) 13) Incredible Hulk   3) Raven
4) Alpengeist          14) Millennium Force  4) Cyclone (Coney)
5) Kumba               15) Great Nor'Easter  5) Cyclone (SFNE)
6) Ice Dueling Dragon  16) Top Gun (PGA)     6) Georgia Cyclone
7) Fire Dueling Dragon 17) Steel Force       7) Texas Giant
8) Superman:ROS (SFDL) 18) Two-Face          8) Phoenix
9) Raptor              19) Superman Ult.Esc. 9) Ghostrider
10) Magnum XL-200      20) Mantis            10) Stella Tw. Sist.
NOTE: only the best of each steel clone is listed.

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by Thom » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00

well - following that "almost always get similar rides" observation - SFGA
would be getting a Goliath clone? You bring up another good point - there are
two RoS within an easy drive of SFGA - therefore a hyper at SFGA would be not
be a strong marketing position. Then maybe a Giga or standup at SFGA?

Tom

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by mamoos » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>well - following that "almost always get similar rides" observation - SFGA
>would be getting a Goliath clone? You bring up another good point - there
are
>two RoS within an easy drive of SFGA - therefore a hyper at SFGA would be
not
>be a strong marketing position. Then maybe a Giga or standup at SFGA?

>Tom

By SFGA do you mean SFGA[dv] or SFGA[m]???  I assume you mean the park in NJ
since you speak of S:ROS coasters near it.  From what I hear [and I have
excellent sources] the 2001 is a B&M speed coaster with the layout as a
cross between AC and RB, but resembling AC more.  Granted, nothing is firm
until the park make an official announcement, but considering my three
sources told me the same thing independently, I believe them.

Matthew

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by Thom » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Matt - how disapointing if true - 4 across seating just doesn't do
anything for me - especially when you're talking about a speed coaster. Oh
well, at least they are getting another new coaster - and B&M does a great job.

Tom

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by JTCoastin » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00


Quote:
>Hint: one is the inverted at Dorney, which will probably be a clone of
>Raptor, or very similar.

>And for those who might ask why they'd clone Raptor, think about it: the
>only inverted coaster even remotely in the area that's bigger is
>Alpengeist, which is far enough away to not be competition.

But isn't the inverted at DP supposed to only have four inversions?  That's not
even close to a clone.
_______________
Remove "Mmmm" to reply

Track Record: 187
Top Steel: MF, RB, SFNE RoS, Montu, AC, SFDL RoS, TG:TJC
Wood: LEGEND!, 'Timbers, GR, BD, Raven, GA Cyclone, Rampage, Villain
'Falls: Sup. Scream, ToT, Doom
Parks: IOA, CP, SFGAm, HW, SFO

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by Max Cann » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Somebody said...

Quote:

>>Hint: one is the inverted at Dorney, which will probably be a clone of
>>Raptor, or very similar.

>>And for those who might ask why they'd clone Raptor, think about it: the
>>only inverted coaster even remotely in the area that's bigger is
>>Alpengeist, which is far enough away to not be competition.

>But isn't the inverted at DP supposed to only have four inversions?  That's not
>even close to a clone.

He did say "or very similar."

Think of Carowinds' Top Gun and Montu.  Both very similar rides.  Yet,
the second half is what's different about them.  I really enjoyed
Raptor a lot and I'd take a near clone of it.  

Max
Max Cannon

www.maximumthrills.com

 
 
 

2001 predictions

Post by Christian Luch » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:


> >Hint: one is the inverted at Dorney, which will probably be a clone of
> >Raptor, or very similar.

> >And for those who might ask why they'd clone Raptor, think about it: the
> >only inverted coaster even remotely in the area that's bigger is
> >Alpengeist, which is far enough away to not be competition.

> But isn't the inverted at DP supposed to only have four inversions?  That's not
> even close to a clone.

I think it's identical except for the parts that are entirely different,
or not there at all.

Chris.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

(Posted with Netscape Communicator 4.7)
-----------------------------------------------------------------