I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by Phillip Reus » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00


The website for the I-X Indoor Amu***t Park outside Cleveland is now
up and running at http://SportToday.org/

The carnival will operate April 7-30. One of the new rides this year is
something called the "Hi-Jacker". I don't know what this is, but it sure
sounds interesting! Now I just have to figure out when I'll head up
there to check this place out.

Phillip

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by Sean Flahart » Sun, 20 Feb 2000 04:00:00

  From the description, it sounds like a S&S Space Shot,  or something
similar.  Whatever it is,  I think I will be going this year. I went in 1998
and had a blast (despite almost being washed away from Lake
Erie..............right Dave?)

Sean

--

Irishcoast's Homepage!
http://SportToday.org/

Quote:

>The website for the I-X Indoor Amu***t Park outside Cleveland is now
>up and running at http://SportToday.org/

>The carnival will operate April 7-30. One of the new rides this year is
>something called the "Hi-Jacker". I don't know what this is, but it sure
>sounds interesting! Now I just have to figure out when I'll head up
>there to check this place out.

>Phillip


 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by Billp » Sun, 20 Feb 2000 04:00:00

The Hi-Jack to be at the I-X Indoor carnival in Cleveland isn't the new Chance
single trailer portable drop tower, is it?
That one was supposed to be called  Sling Shot.
Other companies have talkd about such a ride too. this one says 70 feet so it's
not the big Moser one which is 160 or 180 feet.

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by RollerCoasterG » Sun, 20 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
>The website for the I-X Indoor Amu***t Park outside Cleveland is now
>up and running at http://SportToday.org/

WAHOOOOooo!!

It's coming!!!  The end to roller coaster withdrawl is near!  Hang in there
fellow Ohioans (and other winter coaster people)!

"The Future of Roller Coasters"
Matthew Baughman

http://SportToday.org/

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by Sean Flahart » Sun, 20 Feb 2000 04:00:00

He he! Want to play again Dan?

Sean

--

Irishcoast's Homepage!
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/stage/7332

Quote:

>Hey Sean, about the IX center in '98 .......nice catch.........

>--
>Dan (who really hates Zippers) Haverlock
>'99 Magnum Count: 801
>Spirit of the Point
>www.popworld.com/dan/

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by Daniel J. Haverloc » Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Sean,  I guess I have to conquer the Zipper with you this year.  To make it
special you have to wear one of Dave's jackets.  :)

--
Dan Haverlock
'99 Magnum Count: 801
Spirit of the Point
www.popworld.com/dan/


Quote:
> He he! Want to play again Dan?

> Sean

> --

> Irishcoast's Homepage!
> http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/stage/7332


> >Hey Sean, about the IX center in '98 .......nice catch.........

> >--
> >Dan (who really hates Zippers) Haverlock
> >'99 Magnum Count: 801
> >Spirit of the Point
> >www.popworld.com/dan/

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by Sean Flahart » Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>Sean,  I guess I have to conquer the Zipper with you this year.  To make it
>special you have to wear one of Dave's jackets.  :)

 LOL!! Sure. Dave, do you have that same jacket I borrowed when we were at
the I-X Center in 1998.  It seems to bring good luck. =:^)

 Sean (who has faith that Dan can do it!) Flaharty

Irishcoast's Homepage!
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/stage/7332

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by Dave Althoff » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Tee hee...We did have fun up there in '98, didn't we?!  Of course this
year they'll probably have IR-71 all torn up so we'll have to do the
return trip through Sandusky as well...

<my pattern for the last few years has been to go get my season pass
processed at Cedar Point, then head over to the I-X for the afternoon.
Hey, wait a minute!  I don't have to get my CP pass processed this
year...!  But I have to get the parking pass, but it always rains that day...>

There is a link to the Bates Amu***ts web site on the Eli Bridge
page...Bates is having a Wheel rebuilt, and they're adding a couple of
kiddies and a bumper car this season, not a word about whatever that tower
ride is.  So whatever it is, it's being booked in.  It isn't the Moser
Gravity Tower; that's about 160 feet and it is a haul-up-drop-down
Intamin-style tower...the I-X web site describes this thing more like a
launch tower.  I'd say the new Chance is a good bet.  It seems that the
I-X Center is a good place to see new rides that actually make it out to
this part of the country...it was there that I first saw the Tornado,
Cycloid, Construction Zone, Inverter, Chaos, and Top Spin...and this year
they're bringing in a Dartron Cliff Hanger.  It seems they're unusually
willing to book in a prototype ride, probably because of the month-long
run.  The Chaos, for instance, in '96 (?) was booked in by Chance
themselves before they had even sold one.

It will also be interesting to see what portable coaster shows up.  Last
year it was one of the last dates for the old Holiday World "Firecracker"
before it was sold to Amu***ts of America to become the "Avalanche."  I
wonder if it will be that one, or something else......

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
  (who has been out of town for a week...)
--
    /^\        _       _               _*** Closed for the season ***
   /XXX\      /X\     /X\_      _     /X\__      _     _        _____  
  /XXXXX\    /XXX\  _/XXXX\_   /X\   /XXXXX\    /X\   /X\      /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\__/XXXXX\/XXXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\_/XXX\_/\_/XXXXXX

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by RollerCoasterG » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
>It will also be interesting to see what portable coaster shows up.  Last
>year it was one of the last dates for the old Holiday World "Firecracker"
>before it was sold to Amu***ts of America to become the "Avalanche."  I
>wonder if it will be that one, or something else......

I'm interested also in what coaster will be there this year.  I noticed they
still advertise it as a "space coaster"...gotta love that blow up space ship
and christmas lights backdrop :-)  I should be recieving some good info in
detail real soon on the Indoor amu***t park lineup of rides and will let you
all know!  C-ya!

Oh, and if some of you reading this are still wondering what the IX indoor
amu***t park is like, go have a look at my web page and click on the IX
button :-)  Thanks!

http://SportToday.org/

"The Future of Roller Coasters"
Matthew Baughman

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by Patrick McGuir » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I looked at the web site, as well as the Bates Amu***ts web site and I am
seriously considering purchasing a flight to OH to attend this thing. It
looks fantastic! Plus, I have been itching to ride the Cycloid.

Dave, are you or is anyone else planning on attending? I'm flexible on the
dates yet, but will probably make my arrangements soon.

--
Patrick McGuire
Stockton, CA



Quote:
> Tee hee...We did have fun up there in '98, didn't we?!  Of course this
> year they'll probably have IR-71 all torn up so we'll have to do the
> return trip through Sandusky as well...

> <my pattern for the last few years has been to go get my season pass
> processed at Cedar Point, then head over to the I-X for the afternoon.
> Hey, wait a minute!  I don't have to get my CP pass processed this
> year...!  But I have to get the parking pass, but it always rains that
day...>

> There is a link to the Bates Amu***ts web site on the Eli Bridge
> page...Bates is having a Wheel rebuilt, and they're adding a couple of
> kiddies and a bumper car this season, not a word about whatever that tower
> ride is.  So whatever it is, it's being booked in.  It isn't the Moser
> Gravity Tower; that's about 160 feet and it is a haul-up-drop-down
> Intamin-style tower...the I-X web site describes this thing more like a
> launch tower.  I'd say the new Chance is a good bet.  It seems that the
> I-X Center is a good place to see new rides that actually make it out to
> this part of the country...it was there that I first saw the Tornado,
> Cycloid, Construction Zone, Inverter, Chaos, and Top Spin...and this year
> they're bringing in a Dartron Cliff Hanger.  It seems they're unusually
> willing to book in a prototype ride, probably because of the month-long
> run.  The Chaos, for instance, in '96 (?) was booked in by Chance
> themselves before they had even sold one.

> It will also be interesting to see what portable coaster shows up.  Last
> year it was one of the last dates for the old Holiday World "Firecracker"
> before it was sold to Amu***ts of America to become the "Avalanche."  I
> wonder if it will be that one, or something else......

> --Dave Althoff, Jr.
>   (who has been out of town for a week...)
> --
>     /^\        _       _               _*** Closed for the season ***
>    /XXX\      /X\     /X\_      _     /X\__      _     _        _____
>   /XXXXX\    /XXX\  _/XXXX\_   /X\   /XXXXX\    /X\   /X\      /XXXXX
> _/XXXXXXX\__/XXXXX\/XXXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\_/XXX\_/\_/XXXXXX

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by Sean Flahart » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

 I will be there as well as a few others from central Ohio.  The Cycloid is
NOT to be missed!

Sean

--

Irishcoast's Homepage!
http://SportToday.org/

Quote:

>I looked at the web site, as well as the Bates Amu***ts web site and I am
>seriously considering purchasing a flight to OH to attend this thing. It
>looks fantastic! Plus, I have been itching to ride the Cycloid.

>Dave, are you or is anyone else planning on attending? I'm flexible on the
>dates yet, but will probably make my arrangements soon.

>--
>Patrick McGuire
>Stockton, CA


 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by RollerCoasterG » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
>Dave, are you or is anyone else planning on attending? I'm flexible on the
>>dates yet, but will probably make my arrangements soon.

I know for sure I'm going to be there on opening day and for sure quite a few
other times.  I only live 30 min away.  I'm looking forward to seeing a few
people have yet to meet.  Anyone else going?

"The Future of Roller Coasters"
Matthew Baughman

Web Page: http://www.homestead.com/rollercoastergod/RollerCoasterGod.html

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by David Bower » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hey, Sean,  how bout picking me up on your way to the IX.  :)

David " Who knows that would be 4 hours out of Sean's way, if you
consider the backtracking, so realizes that***is about a
snowballs chance......" Bowers

* Sent from RemarQ http://SportToday.org/ The Internet's Discussion Network *
The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

 
 
 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Website

Post by Phillip Reus » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> I looked at the web site, as well as the Bates Amu***ts web site and I am
> seriously considering purchasing a flight to OH to attend this thing. It
> looks fantastic! Plus, I have been itching to ride the Cycloid.

> Dave, are you or is anyone else planning on attending? I'm flexible on the
> dates yet, but will probably make my arrangements soon.

I'm thinking about going on Sunday, April 9, but that could change. I've
been trying to see if some other Columbus ACErs were interested in going
up there together.

Phillip