Outlaw Run

Outlaw Run

Post by kat.. » Sat, 11 Aug 2012 01:23:27


I didn't see this posted yet, so here's a link to the announcement of Outlw Run.

http://silverdollarcity2013.com/

Ken Simmons

 
 
 

Outlaw Run

Post by David H.--REMOVE » Sat, 11 Aug 2012 04:53:11

Anyone with Facebook with anyone in the hobby as friends has been bombarded
with pics and info about this already!

One enthusiast remarked that it was her entire wall right now!

Like all the other coasters out there, we can only guess what it will be
like until we ride it.

A few immediate thoughts:

-- Lapbars only!  With three inversions.  That should make a lot of very
happy.  (And no one more so than Dave Althoff!)

-- It's funny that they're building this just as SOB is going down.

-- I wonder what the outside banked turn will feel like.

-- 8 moments of airtime: floater or NTaG ejector?  On one hand, I could see
SDC not wanting something that extreme.  On the other hand, NTaG has gotten
nothing but rave reviews and the GP seem to love it!

-- The layout doesn't look all that inspiring.  Not a lot of directional
changes at all.

-- It's fairly short for a terrain coaster.  But will it pack enough of a
punch that it won't matter?

-- Whatever you think of it, you have to give Silver Dollar City credit for
trying something different.  And Six Flags over Texas for the stepping
stone.



Quote:
>I didn't see this posted yet, so here's a link to the announcement of Outlw Run.

>http://silverdollarcity2013.com/

>Ken Simmons

 "With the first link, a chain is forged.  The first speech censured,
 the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us
 all irrevocably."  -Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
                     "The Drumhead", _Star Trek: The Next Generation_

 
 
 

Outlaw Run

Post by Jerem » Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:21:32

With 2937 feet of track, holding the record of 2nd fastest wooden coaster in the world now seems like a really bad claim to have.

 
 
 

Outlaw Run

Post by Jerem » Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:23:34

Quote:

> With 2937 feet of track, holding the record of 2nd fastest wooden coaster in the world now seems like a really bad claim to have.

Jesus frick, Outlaw Run is 137 feet longer than Top Thrill Dragster!
 
 
 

Outlaw Run

Post by Wolf » Tue, 14 Aug 2012 05:21:40

Quote:
> Anyone with Facebook with anyone in the hobby as friends has been
> bombarded
> with pics and info about this already!

> One enthusiast remarked that it was her entire wall right now!

> Like all the other coasters out there, we can only guess what it will be
> like until we ride it.

> A few immediate thoughts:

> -- Lapbars only!  With three inversions.  That should make a lot of very
> happy.  (And no one more so than Dave Althoff!)

> -- It's funny that they're building this just as SOB is going down.

Was wondering when someone would do a barrel roll with a woodie.

--
|\-/|
<0 0>
=(o)=
-Wolf

 
 
 

Outlaw Run

Post by David H.--REMOVE » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:02:47

Quote:

>> Anyone with Facebook with anyone in the hobby as friends has been
>> bombarded
>> with pics and info about this already!

>> One enthusiast remarked that it was her entire wall right now!

>> Like all the other coasters out there, we can only guess what it will be
>> like until we ride it.

>> A few immediate thoughts:

>> -- Lapbars only!  With three inversions.  That should make a lot of very
>> happy.  (And no one more so than Dave Althoff!)

>> -- It's funny that they're building this just as SOB is going down.

>Was wondering when someone would do a barrel roll with a woodie.

Not a big surprise, really.  Hell, they've now done a barrel roll on a
spinning coaster!  (Which I'll hopefully be riding in two weeks!)

The trick is going to be keeping it smooth!

 "With the first link, a chain is forged.  The first speech censured,
 the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us
 all irrevocably."  -Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
                     "The Drumhead", _Star Trek: The Next Generation_

 
 
 

Outlaw Run

Post by Victor Canfiel » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:24:21


Quote:
> -- I wonder what the outside banked turn will feel like.

The rendering of this element shown on SDC's website (obviously not 100%
accurate) does not show any turning before the maximum banking of 153
degrees.  I think this element is shown in rcdb's 8th picture for this
ride.  Although the perspective makes it hard to tell where the turn
begins, most of the turn in the pullout seems to be banked the usual way.
 
 
 

Outlaw Run

Post by Dave Althoff J » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:42:04

Quote:

>> Anyone with Facebook with anyone in the hobby as friends has been
>> bombarded
>> with pics and info about this already!

>> One enthusiast remarked that it was her entire wall right now!

>> Like all the other coasters out there, we can only guess what it will be
>> like until we ride it.

>> A few immediate thoughts:

>> -- Lapbars only!  With three inversions.  That should make a lot of very
>> happy.  (And no one more so than Dave Althoff!)

>> -- It's funny that they're building this just as SOB is going down.

> Was wondering when someone would do a barrel roll with a woodie.

It was all worked out about eight years ago; it just never happened.

-- Dave Althoff, Jr.
    /X\        _      *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
   /XXX\      /X\     /X\_      _     /X\__      _     _        _____
  /XXXXX\    /XXX\   /XXXX\_   /X\   /XXXXX\    /X\   /X\      /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\__/XXXXX\/XXXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\_/XXX\_/\_/XXXXXX
NEW! When emailing this account, include the 'canonical magic word' in
the body of your message for a quicker response.

 
 
 

Outlaw Run

Post by Edward » Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:59:00

I'm happy they didn't do it on that ride. It would have felt gimmicky with no payoff, IMO.