Last Chance: RRC Coaster Events Poll '98!

Last Chance: RRC Coaster Events Poll '98!

Post by FlyerAC » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00


Hey!
I'm reposting the 2nd Annual RRC Coaster Events Poll ballot for those of you
who may not have saved it or seen it the first time. I urge all of you to vote
and make this poll as big of a success as possible. Please take the time out of
your busy schedule to vote. Please note that I have extended the deadline to
Sunday, January 3rd. Time is running out! Thanks again.
-----------------------
Hey all....

Welcome to the 2nd Annual RRC Coaster Events Poll. Last year's poll was quite
a success and I expect this year's will be even better. I know many of you are
sick of season-end polls, but I hope you'll find this one a bit different from
the norm. Before I post the poll, let me just say that on behalf of this
newsgroup and enthusiasts world wide, we are truly grateful to each and every
park that holds special events for enthusiasts each and every year. Every event
this season drew rave reviews and we look forward to more of the same in the
future! This poll attempts to award to the best of the best and to give parks
that don't currently hold one or those who do, an idea of what enthusiasts
enjoy most at them.

Ballots must be received on or before January 3, 1999, via e-mail only.
Ballots posted to the newsgroup exclusively will *not* be counted. Also, in
order to participate in this poll, you must have attended at least *two* events
in 1998.

This year, the official list of events to be used for this poll is Todd Long's
Coaster Events Listing. Every event, and only the events, on that list are
valid for the poll, including for the first time, all RRC events. Todd's list
could be found on the RRC Website maintained by Chris Lucht at
http://rrcpage.com.

Now, to the poll:

1. How many coaster/park events did you attend in 1998? (not including
off-season non-ride events, i.e. ACE EastCoaster, etc)
a. 2-3
b. 4-6
c. 7-9
d. 10 or more

2. Please list, in order of preference (first being best), your favorite single
or two day coaster/park events of 1998: (You may list up to 5)
(Ex. Knoebels Phall Phunfest, Coaster Zombies Invade AW, SFGAd's Coaster
Celebration)

3. Please list, in order of preference (first being best), your favorite
extended (3+ days) coaster/park events of 1998: (You may list up to 3)
(Ex. ACE Coaster Con XXI, RRC CoasterPalooza, etc)

4. How many off-season enthusiasts events did you attend in 1998? If
applicable, which was your favorite?

5. Please list, in order of preference (first being best), your favorite
ride/coaster ERT sessions of 1998. Please include name of ride, park, event
name, morning or night ERT. (You may list up to 5)

6. Please list your three favorite coaster/park event meals/lunches. Be
specific. Include type of meal, park, event name.

7. What was your favorite "free" event souvenir of 1998? (You may list up to 2)
Be specific.

8. What was your favorite event souvenir "available for purchase" of 1998? (You
may list up to 2). Be specific.

9. What were your favorite coaster/park event "extras" of 1998? Please be
specific. You may list up to 3. (Ex. Behind the scenes tours at Coaster
Celebration, Bonfire at PPP, cruise at Coaster Con XXI, etc)

10. Please list your favorite ITOTs (informal take-over time) sessions of 1998.
These ITOTs must have taken place on or around an official event. Pre or post
event gatherings (like commonly done by RRC) are valid. Please be specific. You
may list up to 3.

Bonus questions:

11. Which park, that currently does not hold an annual coaster event, would you
like to see hold one in the future. You may list up to 3.

12. Name three coasters you would just love to have an ERT session on in 1999
(new or old). List in order of preference.

13. List the three best (in order) hotels you stayed at for an event (pre,
post, or during). Please be as specific as possible.

14. List up to 5 events you most anticipate in 1999.

That's it!! Hope you enjoyed the poll. I look forward to receiving all of your

questions regarding the poll, please do not heistate to ask me. If for some

for a copy of the 1998 events listing.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

                                           Live to Ride,
                                               Adam Revesz

 
 
 

Last Chance: RRC Coaster Events Poll '98!

Post by Dave Sandbo » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00


Quote:

> Hey!
> I'm reposting the 2nd Annual RRC Coaster Events Poll ballot for those of you
> who may not have saved it or seen it the first time. I urge all of you to vote
> and make this poll as big of a success as possible. Please take the time
out of
> your busy schedule to vote.

I'd like to encourage people to vote too!  This is a much more interesting
and creative poll idea than most we see on this newsgroup--much better than
seeing the 100th rehashing of "What's your favorite hyper" or whatever.
Let's support original polls by voting in them!

--
Dave Sandborg
Remove Spam-away to respond via e-mail.

 
 
 

Last Chance: RRC Coaster Events Poll '98!

Post by The Button Gu » Mon, 04 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
> 1. How many coaster/park events did you attend in 1998? (not including
> off-season non-ride events, i.e. ACE EastCoaster, etc)

b. 4-6

Quote:
> 2. Please list, in order of preference (first being best), your favorite single
> or two day coaster/park events of 1998: (You may list up to 5)
> (Ex. Knoebels Phall Phunfest, Coaster Zombies Invade AW, SFGAd's Coaster
> Celebration)

ACE Spring Con
PPPPP
ACE RRR

Quote:
> 3. Please list, in order of preference (first being best), your favorite
> extended (3+ days) coaster/park events of 1998: (You may list up to 3)
> (Ex. ACE Coaster Con XXI, RRC CoasterPalooza, etc)

ACE Coaster Con XXI

Quote:
> 4. How many off-season enthusiasts events did you attend in 1998? If
> applicable, which was your favorite?

2

Quote:
> 5. Please list, in order of preference (first being best), your favorite
> ride/coaster ERT sessions of 1998. Please include name of ride, park, event
> name, morning or night ERT. (You may list up to 5)

Shivering Timbers, MA, Spring Con, all ERT
Racer, Kennywood, CConXXI, all ERT
Phoenix, Knoebels, PPPPP, night ERT

Quote:
> 6. Please list your three favorite coaster/park event meals/lunches. Be
> specific. Include type of meal, park, event name.

I need a Dave Sanborg notebook!
Ummmm, hamburgers at MA at Spring Con
pizza at Knoebels PPPPP

Quote:
> 7. What was your favorite "free" event souvenir of 1998? (You may list up to 2)
> Be specific.

The ACE 20th anniversary pin from CCon XXI
A signed piece of Shivering Timbers from Denise Dinn-Larrick (does this
count?)

Quote:
> 8. What was your favorite event souvenir "available for purchase" of 1998? (You
> may list up to 2). Be specific.

CC3 T-shirt from SFGAdv.

Quote:
> 9. What were your favorite coaster/park event "extras" of 1998? Please be
> specific. You may list up to 3. (Ex. Behind the scenes tours at Coaster
> Celebration, Bonfire at PPP, cruise at Coaster Con XXI, etc)


PPPPP Bonfire
Behind the scenes tours at CC3

Quote:
> 10. Please list your favorite ITOTs (informal take-over time) sessions of 1998.
> These ITOTs must have taken place on or around an official event. Pre or post
> event gatherings (like commonly done by RRC) are valid. Please be specific. You
> may list up to 3.

Visionland bumper car incident! RRR
Visionland kiddie train. RRR
Knoebels bumper cars. PPPPP

Quote:
> Bonus questions:

> 11. Which park, that currently does not hold an annual coaster event, would you
> like to see hold one in the future. You may list up to 3.

MA
KBF
Funtown USA

Quote:
> 12. Name three coasters you would just love to have an ERT session on in 1999
> (new or old). List in order of preference.

Shivering Timbers!
Tremors.
Twister at Knoebels.

Quote:
> 13. List the three best (in order) hotels you stayed at for an event (pre,
> post, or during). Please be as specific as possible.

McIntosh in Joisey for CC3.

Quote:
> 14. List up to 5 events you most anticipate in 1999.

Eastcoaster '99
Coaster Con
Coaster Palooza
Midnight Mass
PPPPP

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(Posted with Netscape Communicator 4.5)
-----------------------------------------------------------------