Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Mark Anthony Ferrant » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:37:01


Hi gals and guys!

I am new to this newsgroup and I have always been wondering about something.
I have been pretty big all my life, I only get bigger as the years go by.  I
really like theme parks but havent dared in my wildest imagination
attempting at going to one because of my weight.  Only because of Top Thrill
Dragster arriving this year am I asking this quesiton.

Is there ANYWAY a 500lbs person could fit on this ride?  Or if not that
ride, any other rides in the park?  I have been SO depressed most of my life
because of my weight, people dont accept me and what not, I really want to
get out this summer and have some fun.

What do you guys think?  And please dont hold back.  I can take it, even if
the truth is going to hurt.  At least I wont be embarassed by going to the
park trying things that might not ever happen.

Thanks.

You can reply to my email address, I dont get a chance to visit newsgroups
that much anymore because my server constantly acts up.

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Robert Ma » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:04:03

get some surgery

Hear Me Rant!!!
www.livejournal.com/~gradvmedusa
"Past this point of no return, your only choice is freeze or burn!"

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Ed Mc Inern » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:22:15

Quote:
>get some surgery

Robert, that is not always a solution and sometimes a death sentence. I will
tell you that you need to get your life in order though. You may not fit
anything and definitely not a B&M coaster and probably very few coasters.

I am not a mean person, I do not wish you any harm, but for yoru health, mental
and physical, you need to take charge and make changes.

You need professional help, and very few of us here are educated to be that
help. But until you at the very least halve your weight, the coasters
avfailable to you will be very limited. Same with many flat rides.

Ed

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by CoasterKit » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 00:11:43


Quote:
> Is there ANYWAY a 500lbs person could fit on this ride?  Or if not that
> ride, any other rides in the park?  I have been SO depressed most of my life
> because of my weight, people dont accept me and what not, I really want to
> get out this summer and have some fun.

Hi Mark,

A very dear friend of mine is about the size you are, with much of his
weight centered low, hips and tummy area.  He does not fit on the
steel coasters, but has managed to get on some woodies, notably Beast
and SOB at PKI.  I believe he has used seat belt extenders as well.

I have no idea about TTD, as none of us has ridden it yet, but I can
tell you that you sadly will not fit on any B&M coaster using OTSR's.
I fit (barely) in the regular seat at approximately half your weight,
and another friend who has about 50lbs on me barely fits in the "big
man" seats.

I wish you luck!

Kitty

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Brandon » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 05:36:08



Quote:
> Hi gals and guys!

> I am new to this newsgroup and I have always been wondering about
something.
> I have been pretty big all my life, I only get bigger as the years go by.
I
> really like theme parks but havent dared in my wildest imagination
> attempting at going to one because of my weight.  Only because of Top
Thrill
> Dragster arriving this year am I asking this quesiton.

> Is there ANYWAY a 500lbs person could fit on this ride?  Or if not that
> ride, any other rides in the park?  I have been SO depressed most of my
life
> because of my weight, people dont accept me and what not, I really want to
> get out this summer and have some fun.

> What do you guys think?  And please dont hold back.  I can take it, even
if
> the truth is going to hurt.  At least I wont be embarassed by going to the
> park trying things that might not ever happen.

> Thanks.

> You can reply to my email address, I dont get a chance to visit newsgroups
> that much anymore because my server constantly acts up.

You could ride if you could find a way to split your body into three
sections and have each ride at separate times.
 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Dave in Dall » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 05:55:43

Quote:

> Is there ANYWAY a 500lbs person could fit on this ride?  Or if not that
> ride, any other rides in the park?  I have been SO depressed most of my
>life
>> because of my weight, people dont accept me and what not, I really want to
> get out this summer and have some fun.

> What do you guys think?

Sure, you deserve to have fun just like anybody.  But I'd be careful about the
type of ride I chose to ride if I was your size. I had a friend who was a big
guy, not as big as you say you are, but big none the less. I think he was close
to 400 lbs. He was on The Texas Giant and thought he was securly fastened into
his car, but the restraint wasn't holding him well.  He honestly thought he was
going to fall out of the car.  The kids running the rides are really not always
trained to deal with bigger people and may not be totally able to judge if it's
safe for you to ride or not. So be really careful.  My suggestion is to avoid
thrill rides.  I know that doesn't seem fair, but it may be the best way to
deal with the situation.  Enjoy other things in the parks like slower rides and
shows.  You still can have fun.  Just be safe.

Dave, Dallas, TX

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea
of making money." - Walt Disney

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by SCWals » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 07:49:01

I don't mean to be rude BUT is this another April Fools Joke on here today?



Quote:
> Hi gals and guys!

> I am new to this newsgroup and I have always been wondering about
something.
> I have been pretty big all my life, I only get bigger as the years go by.
I
> really like theme parks but havent dared in my wildest imagination
> attempting at going to one because of my weight.  Only because of Top
Thrill
> Dragster arriving this year am I asking this quesiton.

> Is there ANYWAY a 500lbs person could fit on this ride?  Or if not that
> ride, any other rides in the park?  I have been SO depressed most of my
life
> because of my weight, people dont accept me and what not, I really want to
> get out this summer and have some fun.

> What do you guys think?  And please dont hold back.  I can take it, even
if
> the truth is going to hurt.  At least I wont be embarassed by going to the
> park trying things that might not ever happen.

> Thanks.

> You can reply to my email address, I dont get a chance to visit newsgroups
> that much anymore because my server constantly acts up.

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Jennif » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:01:00

 I have been pretty big all my life, I only get bigger as the years go by.
I

Quote:
> really like theme parks but havent dared in my wildest imagination
> attempting at going to one because of my weight.  Only because of Top
Thrill
> Dragster arriving this year am I asking this quesiton.

This kind of confuses me....if you've been big all your life and have never
gone to amu***t parks, how do you know you'd even like TTD?  If you've never
even been on a small coaster, isn't this one kind of extreme for your first
one?  I might be completely misunderstanding things but it seems to me you
haven't gotten much chance to experience a lot of thrill rides.  I'm looking
forward to TTD too, but for one, I'm sorry but it's kind of impossible at your
size, and two, I've been on Millennium Force, Magnum, and quite a few other
major rides there and at my home park SFGAm.  I know what coasters are like and
if I'd never been on one, or at least a major one, I would definitely not
choose TTD as my first ride.
 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Brandon » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:28:41



Quote:
> Hi gals and guys!

> I am new to this newsgroup and I have always been wondering about
something.
> I have been pretty big all my life, I only get bigger as the years go by.
I
> really like theme parks but havent dared in my wildest imagination
> attempting at going to one because of my weight.  Only because of Top
Thrill
> Dragster arriving this year am I asking this quesiton.

> Is there ANYWAY a 500lbs person could fit on this ride?  Or if not that
> ride, any other rides in the park?  I have been SO depressed most of my
life
> because of my weight, people dont accept me and what not, I really want to
> get out this summer and have some fun.

> What do you guys think?  And please dont hold back.  I can take it, even
if
> the truth is going to hurt.  At least I wont be embarassed by going to the
> park trying things that might not ever happen.

> Thanks.

> You can reply to my email address, I dont get a chance to visit newsgroups
> that much anymore because my server constantly acts up.

I think the biggest thrill at the park for you may be the Midway Market,
where I hear they have one-price buffet...
 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by SCWals » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 10:56:32

OMG you guys are mean LOL.

This has to be a joke, no?


Quote:


> > Hi gals and guys!

> > I am new to this newsgroup and I have always been wondering about
> something.
> > I have been pretty big all my life, I only get bigger as the years go
by.
> I
> > really like theme parks but havent dared in my wildest imagination
> > attempting at going to one because of my weight.  Only because of Top
> Thrill
> > Dragster arriving this year am I asking this quesiton.

> > Is there ANYWAY a 500lbs person could fit on this ride?  Or if not that
> > ride, any other rides in the park?  I have been SO depressed most of my
> life
> > because of my weight, people dont accept me and what not, I really want
to
> > get out this summer and have some fun.

> > What do you guys think?  And please dont hold back.  I can take it, even
> if
> > the truth is going to hurt.  At least I wont be embarassed by going to
the
> > park trying things that might not ever happen.

> > Thanks.

> > You can reply to my email address, I dont get a chance to visit
newsgroups
> > that much anymore because my server constantly acts up.

> I think the biggest thrill at the park for you may be the Midway Market,
> where I hear they have one-price buffet...

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Locobo » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 11:36:09

Quote:

> He was on The Texas Giant and thought he was securly fastened into
> his car, but the restraint wasn't holding him well.  He honestly thought he was
> going to fall out of the car.

That's fairly common with larger riders and PTC trains with ratcheting lap bars.
The bars hit the person's stomach well before they can pivot down to their lap.
That's why larger riders have no problems with getting plenty of airtime even after
the lap bar is pressed down as far as it can go.

Smaller people like myself are a different story though.

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Dave in Dall » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 14:32:44

Quote:

>That's fairly common with larger riders and PTC trains with ratcheting lap
>bars.
>The bars hit the person's stomach well before they can pivot down to their
>lap.
>That's why larger riders have no problems with getting plenty of airtime even
>after
>the lap bar is pressed down as far as it can go.

Yeah, I think that's what happened to him. He got plenty of air time, alright.
But it wasn't fun for him. He was scared out of his mind.  Said he'd not go on
another coaster again.

Quote:
>Smaller people like myself are a different story though.

How so?

Dave, Dallas, TX

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea
of making money." - Walt Disney

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Locobo » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:27:26

Quote:


> >That's fairly common with larger riders and PTC trains with ratcheting lap
> >bars.
> >The bars hit the person's stomach well before they can pivot down to their
> >lap.
> >That's why larger riders have no problems with getting plenty of airtime even
> >after
> >the lap bar is pressed down as far as it can go.

> Yeah, I think that's what happened to him. He got plenty of air time, alright.
> But it wasn't fun for him. He was scared out of his mind.  Said he'd not go on
> another coaster again.

Hehe, and that's what I like in a coaster ride!

Quote:
> >Smaller people like myself are a different story though.

> How so?

I'm on the slender side, so I do not have a stomach or chest that will prevent the
lap bar from being pushed all the way onto my legs...and into my legs.  That does
a pretty good job of preventing me from lifting out of my seat.

Thank goodness for Shivering Timbers though, where even guys with my body shape
get as much airtime as we want.

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Dave in Dall » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 03:12:04

re: airtime

Quote:
>Hehe, and that's what I like in a coaster ride!

Well, sure.  So do I.  But I've never experienced air time and thought my life
was in jeopardy.  My large friend truely thought he was going to be thrown off
the coaster.  That's not fun for anyone.

Quote:
>I'm on the slender side, so I do not have a stomach or chest that will
>prevent the
>lap bar from being pushed all the way onto my legs...and into my legs.  That
>does
>a pretty good job of preventing me from lifting out of my seat.

I see what you are getting at.  Although not as slender as I once was, I've
experienced the same thing.  Sometimes those restraints get so tight that the
ride is actually uncomfortable.

Dave, Dallas, TX

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea
of making money." - Walt Disney

 
 
 

Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Post by Jennif » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 08:23:07

   This is what made me think you'd never been to one... I'm sorry again for
the misunderstanding...

Subject: Cedar Point - I am 500lbs!

Date: Mon, Mar 31, 2003 7:37 PM

"I
really like theme parks but havent dared in my wildest imagination
attempting at going to one because of my weight.  Only because of Top Thrill
Dragster arriving this year am I asking this quesiton."