ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by SteelFor » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00


Thanks Dana and Morey's for another VERY fun ACE DAY at America's Boardwalk
Wildwood NJ!

SAM
.
Join Now!
   We're Waiting for you!            
        Coaster Zombies Club
             Live 2 RIDE in 99      

                       Sam A. Marks Founder
                   http://members.aol.com/SteelForce/

 
 
 

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by FlyerAC » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>Thanks Dana and Morey's for another VERY fun ACE DAY at America's Boardwalk
>Wildwood NJ!

Did anyone question Morey's intention to sell off the classic Golden Nugget
Mine Ride on the former Hunt's Pier? If you ask me, ACE is sitting on their
hands with this one and I'm not sure why. It would have been a nice gesture by
Morey's to offer an exclusive last ride on this coaster before they go ahead
and TAER it down. What a shame!!

                    Live to Ride,
                      Adam Revesz (who is still sickened by this move)

 
 
 

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by SteelFor » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
>Did anyone question Morey's intention to sell off the classic Golden Nugget
>Mine Ride on the former Hunt's Pier? If you ask me, ACE is sitting on their
>hands with this one and I'm not sure why.

the BEST thing we can ALL do in this matter, is send a very supportive
suggestion. Reminding Morey's that the golden nugget is indeed of great
historical significance, and should be preserved for future generations.
That's all anyone (or even ACE) can do at this time.

Morey's respects Coaster Fans and I'm sure that they will indeed consider well
written letters, and correspondence of support for the preservation of The
Golden Nugget.

The worst thing we can do is jump to conclusions. If the GN hasn't been touched
yet, there's still time for preservation suggestions. We ALL need to send them
a polite letter of concern.

these are the times when we need to be a FRIEND to Moreys, not an adversary.

SAM
.
Join Now!
   We're Waiting for you!            
        Coaster Zombies Club
             Live 2 RIDE in 99      

                       Sam A. Marks Founder
                   http://members.aol.com/SteelForce/

 
 
 

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by Todd Lo » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00


scribed:

Quote:
>the BEST thing we can ALL do in this matter, is send a very supportive
>suggestion. Reminding Morey's that the golden nugget is indeed of great
>historical significance, and should be preserved for future generations.
>That's all anyone (or even ACE) can do at this time.

 and the address and name of the person/persons we should address it to?

T

 
 
 

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by SteelFor » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Public Relations Department
Morey's Piers
25th Street and Boardwalk
Wildwood, NJ  08260

Todd asked:

Quote:
> and the address and name of the person/persons we should address it to?

 
 
 

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by Tim Melag » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Morey's respects Coaster Fans and I'm sure that they will indeed consider well
> written letters, and correspondence of support for the preservation of The
> Golden Nugget.

> The worst thing we can do is jump to conclusions. If the GN hasn't been touched
> yet, there's still time for preservation suggestions. We ALL need to send them
> a polite letter of concern.

I got the impression from the Morey's rep that the pier will stay an
amu***t
pier. I think at this point all anyone can do is give Morey's
suggestions.
We don't know what they are planning to do. As far as ACE goes, I don't
think
they can do much now. The only way I think they should have a campaign
is
if the park plans to get rid of the coaster. Then they could push for
someone
to buy it and save it. But otherwise I don't think ACE should have a
campaign
to force Morey's to keep it if the park announces they aren't going to
keep
the coaster. In that case and at this point in time I think all that ACE
officers and members can do is send the park preservation suggestions
on their own.

--

    http://SportToday.org/~rollocst/rc.html

 
 
 

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by mjwheel » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00


Quote:
> Public Relations Department
> Morey's Piers
> 25th Street and Boardwalk
> Wildwood, NJ  08260

> Todd asked:
> > and the address and name of the person/persons we should address it to?

 Since all the Morey Organization offices are located on Mariners Landing
now, I'd suggest sending it to...

Public Relations Dept.
Morey's Piers
Schellenger Ave & The Boardwalk
Wildwood, NJ 08260

 I 'll make it a point to ask Will Jr. if he would be interested in reading
or replying to responsible questions.
 He's not at all a difficult person to speak to, and is quite aware of the
history of  the attractions in Wildwood.

mjwheels
Attractions Maint
Mariners Landing
Wildwood, NJ

 
 
 

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by edr » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

What is this ride???

Ed

Quote:

> >Did anyone question Morey's intention to sell off the classic Golden Nugget
> >Mine Ride on the former Hunt's Pier? If you ask me, ACE is sitting on their
> >hands with this one and I'm not sure why.

> the BEST thing we can ALL do in this matter, is send a very supportive
> suggestion. Reminding Morey's that the golden nugget is indeed of great
> historical significance, and should be preserved for future generations.
> That's all anyone (or even ACE) can do at this time.

> Morey's respects Coaster Fans and I'm sure that they will indeed consider well
> written letters, and correspondence of support for the preservation of The
> Golden Nugget.

> The worst thing we can do is jump to conclusions. If the GN hasn't been touched
> yet, there's still time for preservation suggestions. We ALL need to send them
> a polite letter of concern.

> these are the times when we need to be a FRIEND to Moreys, not an adversary.

> SAM
> .
> Join Now!
>    We're Waiting for you!
>         Coaster Zombies Club
>              Live 2 RIDE in 99

>                        Sam A. Marks Founder
>                    http://members.aol.com/SteelForce/

 
 
 

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by Dana Schwar » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>Thanks Dana and Morey's for another VERY fun ACE DAY at America's Boardwalk
>Wildwood NJ!

You're welcome, Sam (and others who thanked the park and me here and
in other threads).

It was really easy working with Connor Sharkey and the Morey's
Organization to put this together.  Bill Galvin deserves thanks, too,
for getting this event started several years ago.  I think the 59
people who attended had a really good time during a very "E" ERT on
Great White -- and the weather cooperated for most of the day (too bad
it had to storm in the evening).

I look forward to doing it again next year.  

For those of you who wish to contact Morey's concerning the Golden
Nugget Mine Rescue, I suggest writing to the address provided by Mike
Wheeler (mjwheels) -- it appears in a post from him in this thread.
(Nice to meetcha, Mr. Wheeler!  :-) )

Dana Schwartz

 
 
 

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by Tim Melag » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> What is this ride???

Golden Nugget Mine Rescue (or Ride) is a mostly enclosed John Allen
steel roller coaster built by PTC in 1960. It's more of a dark ride
experience than a typical coaster experience but it is a coaster.
It has a mountain/mine shaft themed building. More recently dinosaur
theming was added when Dinosaur Beach took over.

--

    http://users.sgi.net/~rollocst/rc.html

 
 
 

ACE DAY AT MOREYS thank you

Post by Chris Luch » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Yeah, I couldn't figure out the dinosaur/computer themeing. It's a great
little ride though. Lots of speed at the end.

Chris.

Quote:


> > What is this ride???

> Golden Nugget Mine Rescue (or Ride) is a mostly enclosed John Allen
> steel roller coaster built by PTC in 1960. It's more of a dark ride
> experience than a typical coaster experience but it is a coaster.
> It has a mountain/mine shaft themed building. More recently dinosaur
> theming was added when Dinosaur Beach took over.

> --

>     http://users.sgi.net/~rollocst/rc.html

--
-------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------