Premier Parks' KK Press Release (from AP/Reuters)

Premier Parks' KK Press Release (from AP/Reuters)

Post by Zolta » Sun, 28 Sep 1997 04:00:00


NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuter) - Premier Parks Inc said Friday that it has
entered into a definitive agreement to buy Kentucky Kindgdom -- The Thrill
Park, for $64 million in stock and the assumption of debt.

The company did not disclose the number of shares to be issued to Kentucky
Kingdom shareholders, nor the size of the liabilities it would assume.

Closing is expected in November, said Premier.

Kentucky Kingdom, a theme and water park in Louisville, Kentucky, is
expected to generate revenues of about $23 million during the 1997
operating season, added Premier.

Premier Parks is a theme park company that owns or operates 13 regional parks.

16:37 09-26-97

FYI.....Premier parks is traded on the NASDAQ exchange under PARK.

Zoltar3
Batman and Robin:  The Chiller,  Sat. June 7th-Sun. June 8th, 1997

"All Clear,   3...2...1..LAUNCH"  (hear fin brakes opening...anxious faces
everywhere)  THEN all of the sudden....  BANG!!!!  
I can't wait to get on this ride again dudes!!!!!

 
 
 

Premier Parks' KK Press Release (from AP/Reuters)

Post by S2BALL » Sun, 28 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Quote:
>Premier Parks Inc said Friday that it has
>entered into a definitive agreement to buy Kentucky Kindgdom -- The Thrill
>Park, for $64 million in stock and the assumption of debt.

I knew this was coming. I just knew it.

Stuart Parlier
"I'm not your doormat, your floormat, so don't wipe your feet on me" No
Doubt - Doormat
Gwen Stefani Shrine : http://members.tripod.com/~S2BALL/
WDW Central : http://members.tripod.com/~S2BALL/wdw.html

 
 
 

Premier Parks' KK Press Release (from AP/Reuters)

Post by Richard A. Alle » Mon, 29 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

> >Premier Parks Inc said Friday that it has
> >entered into a definitive agreement to buy Kentucky Kindgdom -- The Thrill
> >Park, for $64 million in stock and the assumption of debt.

> I knew this was coming. I just knew it.

> Stuart Parlier
> "I'm not your doormat, your floormat, so don't wipe your feet on me" No
> Doubt - Doormat
> Gwen Stefani Shrine : http://members.tripod.com/~S2BALL/
> WDW Central : http://members.tripod.com/~S2BALL/wdw.html

-------------------
        Next year at KK?.... Minderaser!  Maybe this place will get a typhoon
sea coaster and a GCI woodie in upcoming years?  But until then I'm
still waiting to see if Premier puts a Minderaser at Great Escape.
D.J. Gallup

 
 
 

Premier Parks' KK Press Release (from AP/Reuters)

Post by Chri » Mon, 29 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Oh.....Chills! I HOPE TO GOD that they put one in at Great Escape! A Vekoma
SLC so close to home! It wont be next year, because they are getting rid of
the Tornado and putting in a combination indoor/outdoor coaster that will
travel through the backwoods of the park! I also hope we get a Tower of
Doom. That would be the best!
Also, I think that Premier won't hurt Kentucky Kingdom.... They already
have a SLC, Bomerang, and Giant Drop, so anything they put in will be new.

Chris

Quote:
>    Next year at KK?.... Minderaser!  Maybe this place will get a typhoon
> sea coaster and a GCI woodie in upcoming years?  But until then I'm
> still waiting to see if Premier puts a Minderaser at Great Escape.
> D.J. Gallup