Looking for rack storage around NYC

Looking for rack storage around NYC

Post by ktarrac » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:14:16


Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I recently
relocated to New York City and am looking for a marina, preferably on
the Long Island Sound, that has a dry rack storage facility where I can
put a 28' powerboat.  If possible, I'd like the marina to be within an
hour of the City.  If anyone can offer any information, I'd appreciate
it.
 
 
 

Looking for rack storage around NYC

Post by Gogart » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:15:34



Quote:

>Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I recently
>relocated to New York City and am looking for a marina, preferably on
>the Long Island Sound, that has a dry rack storage facility where I can
>put a 28' powerboat.  If possible, I'd like the marina to be within an
>hour of the City.  If anyone can offer any information, I'd appreciate
>it.

Have never visited it but have seen a rack storage facility near the
Bronx end of the Throggs Neck Bridge at the junction of the East River
and Long Island Sound. Could hardly be more convenient for you.

 
 
 

Looking for rack storage around NYC

Post by ktarrac » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:36:43

Definitely the right location, thanks for the input.  The facility your
talking about isn't on City Island by any chance, is it?  Minneford
Marina has racks but is a little farther north than the Throggs Neck
Bridge.  Not sure if there are any other racks on City Island.

I looked around on the internet and found another listing for dry boat
storage at Locust Point Marina in Hammonds Cove just south of the
Throggs Neck Bridge on the Bronx side.  Maybe that's the place you were
referring to.  It's owned/operated by the NYC Parks Commission.  I'll
have to check it out and see what kind of operation they run.  If you
can think of anywhere else, please let me know.  I appreciate it.

 
 
 

Looking for rack storage around NYC

Post by Gogart » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:07:58



Quote:

>Definitely the right location, thanks for the input.  The facility your
>talking about isn't on City Island by any chance, is it?  Minneford
>Marina has racks but is a little farther north than the Throggs Neck
>Bridge.  Not sure if there are any other racks on City Island.

No, wasn't talking about City Island. I have seen the racks at
Minneford.  Don't know about any others. Since I wasn't looking for them
I would see them only if they jumped out at me.

Quote:

>I looked around on the internet and found another listing for dry boat
>storage at Locust Point Marina in Hammonds Cove just south of the
>Throggs Neck Bridge on the Bronx side.  Maybe that's the place you were
>referring to.

I suspect it is.

 It's owned/operated by the NYC Parks Commission.  I'll

Quote:
>have to check it out and see what kind of operation they run.

That I didn't know. The City owns and operates several marinas but I did
not know that was one of them. Since our home port is the City-owned and
operated World's Fair Marina in Flushing Bay (no racks) I can reccommend
it. Fair pricing, good operation.

  If you

Quote:
>can think of anywhere else, please let me know.  I appreciate it.

 
 
 

Looking for rack storage around NYC

Post by ktarrac » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:02:32

I'll be sure to check out some of the city-owned marinas.  I looked at
the parks website and the rates they list certainly are reasonable.
That alone makes them very appealing.  Thanks again for your help.
 
 
 

Looking for rack storage around NYC

Post by Gogart » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:22:45



Quote:

>I'll be sure to check out some of the city-owned marinas.  I looked at
>the parks website and the rates they list certainly are reasonable.
>That alone makes them very appealing.  Thanks again for your help.

Better double-check those rates. They jacked them up by a third this
year. They are still competitive with private marinas but not nearly as
much as they were.