OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

Post by Jeff Rigb » Sun, 23 May 2004 03:53:11



Quote:
> WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday
> sharply questioned President Bush's competence as a leader, suggesting
> his policy in Iraq is to blame for the loss of U.S. lives. That
> assessment drew a furious response by Republicans who called on the
> Democratic leader to apologize.

Republican presidents have learned from Pres. Johnson to NOT micromanage the
military.  That is the quickest way to get our service men killed.  Of
course mistakes happen.  That's a given when you have a person on the other
side trying to make mistakes happen to us.

To blame Bush for many of the things happening in Irag is just plain stupid.
If you want to question his judgment in involving us in Iraq, fine.  That's
another argument that has merit on both sides.

 
 
 

OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

Post by Harry Kraus » Sun, 23 May 2004 06:03:25

Quote:



>>WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday
>>sharply questioned President Bush's competence as a leader, suggesting
>>his policy in Iraq is to blame for the loss of U.S. lives. That
>>assessment drew a furious response by Republicans who called on the
>>Democratic leader to apologize.

> Republican presidents have learned from Pres. Johnson to NOT micromanage the
> military.  That is the quickest way to get our service men killed.  Of
> course mistakes happen.  That's a given when you have a person on the other
> side trying to make mistakes happen to us.

> To blame Bush for many of the things happening in Irag is just plain stupid.
> If you want to question his judgment in involving us in Iraq, fine.  That's
> another argument that has merit on both sides.

No one expects the POTUS to be a micromanager.  But Pelosi is spot-on.
Bush's policies in Iraq are a failure, and his reasons for dragging us
into his war were fallacious, as stated. He is responsible for his
policies. He also is the commander in chief, lord help us, and is
responsible for the military. It is, unfortunately, our problem that
Bush hans't the brain power, the experience or the negotiating ability
to have figured out what was best to do in the time period since 9-11.

We're all paying the price for Bush's stupidity and arrogance, and our
military forces are paying the ultimate price and are having their lives
wasted.

 
 
 

OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

Post by NOYB » Sun, 23 May 2004 06:59:12

Quote:

> her words are putting American
> lives at risk."

> (Awwwwwwwww....)

I guess I wouldn't expect you to care about American lives.  Afterall,
you've already stated that those soldiers are just a bunch of dummies who
sodomize Iraqis with broomsticks.  Who knows...maybe one of 'em will look
you up when he returns from Iraq.  If you're lucky maybe the sports store in
your area won't have a sale on glowsticks about that time.

 
 
 

OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

Post by Harry Kraus » Sun, 23 May 2004 08:01:00

Quote:


>>her words are putting American
>>lives at risk."

>>(Awwwwwwwww....)

> I guess I wouldn't expect you to care about American lives.  Afterall,
> you've already stated that those soldiers are just a bunch of dummies who
> sodomize Iraqis with broomsticks.  Who knows...maybe one of 'em will look
> you up when he returns from Iraq.  If you're lucky maybe the sports store in
> your area won't have a sale on glowsticks about that time.

Your dumb as a post POTUS is putting American lives at risk, Nobby, here
and abroad. No one is dead because of Pelosi's expression of freedom of
speech; lots are dead because of Bush's policies.
 
 
 

OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

Post by Bert Robbin » Sun, 23 May 2004 08:06:50

The leader of the lunatic left is talking competence? I find that hare to
take seriously.


Quote:
> WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday
> sharply questioned President Bush's competence as a leader, suggesting
> his policy in Iraq is to blame for the loss of U.S. lives. That
> assessment drew a furious response by Republicans who called on the
> Democratic leader to apologize.

> "The emperor has no clothes," Pelosi, D-California, told reporters on
> Thursday. "When are people going to face the reality? Pull this curtain
> back."

> (Thank you, Nancy, for voicing what many Americans feel...)

> Pelosi first delivered her comments to a California newspaper. She
> repeated them during an exchange with reporters Thursday -- the same day
> Bush was on Capitol Hill meeting in private with GOP lawmakers in a sort
> of pep rally for the party faithful.

> Republicans effused praise for the president as they left the meeting,
> but Democrats were having none of it.

> "The situation in Iraq and the reckless economic policies in the United
> States speak to one issue for me, and that is the competence of our
> leader," Pelosi said. "These policies are not working. But speaking
> specifically to Iraq, we have a situation where -- without adequate
> evidence -- we put our young people in harm's way."

> Asked specifically if she was calling Bush incompetent, Pelosi replied:

> "I believe that the president's leadership in the actions taken in Iraq
> demonstrate an incompetence in terms of knowledge, judgment and
> experience in making the decisions that would have been necessary to
> truly accomplish the mission without the deaths to our troops and the
> cost to our taxpayers."

> (What a delightful lack of mushy words...you go, girl!)

> Pelosi charged the Bush administration has proved itself wrong on a
> number of issues with Iraq, including its initial assertions that Iraqis
> would welcome U.S. troops and that Iraq itself could pay for much of the
> reconstruction effort.

> "Rocket-propelled grenades, not rose petals, greeted them," Pelosi said
> of U.S. troops. "Instead ... of Iraq being a country that would readily
> pay for its own reconstruction ... we're up to over $200 billion in cost
> to the American people."

> House Majority Leader Tom DeLay blasted Pelosi, casting her comments as
> detrimental to U.S. troops.

> (Ah, yes...Tom DeLay...the flaming *** of the GOP...Thanks,
> Tom...everytime you open your mouth, you cost Bush votes)

> "Nancy Pelosi should apologize for her irresponsible, dangerous
> rhetoric," DeLay, R-Texas, said. "She apparently is so caught up in
> partisan hatred for President Bush that her words are putting American
> lives at risk."

> (Awwwwwwwww....)

 
 
 

OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

Post by Bert Robbin » Sun, 23 May 2004 08:08:35



Quote:

> >>WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday
> >>sharply questioned President Bush's competence as a leader, suggesting
> >>his policy in Iraq is to blame for the loss of U.S. lives. That
> >>assessment drew a furious response by Republicans who called on the
> >>Democratic leader to apologize.

> > Republican presidents have learned from Pres. Johnson to NOT micromanage
the
> > military.  That is the quickest way to get our service men killed.  Of
> > course mistakes happen.  That's a given when you have a person on the
other
> > side trying to make mistakes happen to us.

> > To blame Bush for many of the things happening in Irag is just plain
stupid.
> > If you want to question his judgment in involving us in Iraq, fine.
That's
> > another argument that has merit on both sides.

> No one expects the POTUS to be a micromanager.  But Pelosi is spot-on.
> Bush's policies in Iraq are a failure, and his reasons for dragging us
> into his war were fallacious, as stated. He is responsible for his
> policies. He also is the commander in chief, lord help us, and is
> responsible for the military. It is, unfortunately, our problem that
> Bush hans't the brain power, the experience or the negotiating ability
> to have figured out what was best to do in the time period since 9-11.

> We're all paying the price for Bush's stupidity and arrogance, and our
> military forces are paying the ultimate price and are having their lives
> wasted.

Three thousand (3000) Americans paid the price for Clinton's inaction with
terrorism.
 
 
 

OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

Post by Harry Kraus » Sun, 23 May 2004 08:24:42

Quote:

> The leader of the lunatic left is talking competence? I find that hare to
> take seriously.



>>WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday
>>sharply questioned President Bush's competence as a leader, suggesting
>>his policy in Iraq is to blame for the loss of U.S. lives. That
>>assessment drew a furious response by Republicans who called on the
>>Democratic leader to apologize.

>>"The emperor has no clothes," Pelosi, D-California, told reporters on
>>Thursday. "When are people going to face the reality? Pull this curtain
>>back."

>>(Thank you, Nancy, for voicing what many Americans feel...)

>>Pelosi first delivered her comments to a California newspaper. She
>>repeated them during an exchange with reporters Thursday -- the same day
>>Bush was on Capitol Hill meeting in private with GOP lawmakers in a sort
>>of pep rally for the party faithful.

>>Republicans effused praise for the president as they left the meeting,
>>but Democrats were having none of it.

>>"The situation in Iraq and the reckless economic policies in the United
>>States speak to one issue for me, and that is the competence of our
>>leader," Pelosi said. "These policies are not working. But speaking
>>specifically to Iraq, we have a situation where -- without adequate
>>evidence -- we put our young people in harm's way."

>>Asked specifically if she was calling Bush incompetent, Pelosi replied:

>>"I believe that the president's leadership in the actions taken in Iraq
>>demonstrate an incompetence in terms of knowledge, judgment and
>>experience in making the decisions that would have been necessary to
>>truly accomplish the mission without the deaths to our troops and the
>>cost to our taxpayers."

>>(What a delightful lack of mushy words...you go, girl!)

>>Pelosi charged the Bush administration has proved itself wrong on a
>>number of issues with Iraq, including its initial assertions that Iraqis
>>would welcome U.S. troops and that Iraq itself could pay for much of the
>>reconstruction effort.

>>"Rocket-propelled grenades, not rose petals, greeted them," Pelosi said
>>of U.S. troops. "Instead ... of Iraq being a country that would readily
>>pay for its own reconstruction ... we're up to over $200 billion in cost
>>to the American people."

>>House Majority Leader Tom DeLay blasted Pelosi, casting her comments as
>>detrimental to U.S. troops.

>>(Ah, yes...Tom DeLay...the flaming *** of the GOP...Thanks,
>>Tom...everytime you open your mouth, you cost Bush votes)

>>"Nancy Pelosi should apologize for her irresponsible, dangerous
>>rhetoric," DeLay, R-Texas, said. "She apparently is so caught up in
>>partisan hatred for President Bush that her words are putting American
>>lives at risk."

>>(Awwwwwwwww....)

It is not Ms. Pelosi's fault that your hero Dubya Dumfoch, is an
inarticulate incompetent.
 
 
 

OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

Post by Harry Kraus » Sun, 23 May 2004 08:26:15

Quote:






>>>>WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday
>>>>sharply questioned President Bush's competence as a leader, suggesting
>>>>his policy in Iraq is to blame for the loss of U.S. lives. That
>>>>assessment drew a furious response by Republicans who called on the
>>>>Democratic leader to apologize.

>>>Republican presidents have learned from Pres. Johnson to NOT micromanage

> the

>>>military.  That is the quickest way to get our service men killed.  Of
>>>course mistakes happen.  That's a given when you have a person on the

> other

>>>side trying to make mistakes happen to us.

>>>To blame Bush for many of the things happening in Irag is just plain

> stupid.

>>>If you want to question his judgment in involving us in Iraq, fine.

> That's

>>>another argument that has merit on both sides.

>>No one expects the POTUS to be a micromanager.  But Pelosi is spot-on.
>>Bush's policies in Iraq are a failure, and his reasons for dragging us
>>into his war were fallacious, as stated. He is responsible for his
>>policies. He also is the commander in chief, lord help us, and is
>>responsible for the military. It is, unfortunately, our problem that
>>Bush hans't the brain power, the experience or the negotiating ability
>>to have figured out what was best to do in the time period since 9-11.

>>We're all paying the price for Bush's stupidity and arrogance, and our
>>military forces are paying the ultimate price and are having their lives
>>wasted.

> Three thousand (3000) Americans paid the price for Clinton's inaction with
> terrorism.

Let's see...that was in 2001...Clinton wasn't standing watch on that date.

Sorry.

 
 
 

OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

Post by Calif Bil » Sun, 23 May 2004 08:48:12

Even the local liberal radio station was making bad comments about Pelosi's
speech.  Being a leader of the Democrat party, she should stick to facts.
Not impose her demagoguery in to a speech put up as fact.  Leave the spin to
Harry and his types.


Quote:


> >>her words are putting American
> >>lives at risk."

> >>(Awwwwwwwww....)

> > I guess I wouldn't expect you to care about American lives.  Afterall,
> > you've already stated that those soldiers are just a bunch of dummies
who
> > sodomize Iraqis with broomsticks.  Who knows...maybe one of 'em will
look
> > you up when he returns from Iraq.  If you're lucky maybe the sports
store in
> > your area won't have a sale on glowsticks about that time.

> Your dumb as a post POTUS is putting American lives at risk, Nobby, here
> and abroad. No one is dead because of Pelosi's expression of freedom of
> speech; lots are dead because of Bush's policies.

 
 
 

OT: Re: Questioning Bush's 'Competence'

Post by Harry Kraus » Sun, 23 May 2004 09:51:02

Quote:

> Even the local liberal radio station was making bad comments about Pelosi's
> speech.  Being a leader of the Democrat party, she should stick to facts.
> Not impose her demagoguery in to a speech put up as fact.  Leave the spin to
> Harry and his types.

Bush is the leader of the Republican Party, so he should stick to facts,
too, right? Except that he lies about everything. You lost me on that
imposing "her demagoguery" curve, though. You don't object when the
Bush-shitters resort to it. But, then, you're a Democrat (in a pig's
eye), you say.