Julie Smith makes 4 errors at Nationals,

Julie Smith makes 4 errors at Nationals,

Post by Duke02 » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00


Does anybody remember Julie Smith making 4 errors, 2 in the first inning,
costing her team a chance to advance in the 1997 Women's Major Nationals in
Arizona.
How quickly you forget.
 
 
 

Julie Smith makes 4 errors at Nationals,

Post by BrooksBo » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
>>Does anybody remember Julie Smith making 4 errors, 2 in the first inning,

costing her team a chance to advance in the 1997 Women's Major Nationals in
Arizona.
How quickly you forget.<<

You are so right duke.  I mean we all know that Dot Richardson has never had a
bad game right?  Never made an error.  Never went 0 for 5....No, not Dot.  I
heard that Jenny Topping made 4 errors in 10u fall ball.....lets make sure she
never gets on the olympic team either.  Moron.

 
 
 

Julie Smith makes 4 errors at Nationals,

Post by Scij » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
>Does anybody remember Julie Smith making 4 errors, 2 in the first inning,
>costing her team a chance to advance in the 1997 Women's Major Nationals in
>Arizona.
>How quickly you forget.

Wow!!!! Now that's news!!!  How about the time Julie dropped her Bottle of milk
from the high chair?? Boy....how quickly we forget!!!!

 
 
 

Julie Smith makes 4 errors at Nationals,

Post by junkpi.. » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00



Quote:
> Does anybody remember Julie Smith making 4 errors, 2 in the first inning,
> costing her team a chance to advance in the 1997 Women's Major Nationals in
> Arizona.
> How quickly you forget.

Sounds like a Bobby Sox outfielder.

First, think "Team".  One person on a team does not lose the game for the
rest of the "Team." You have to ask yourself who was pitching that was
permitting batters to pound the infield?  Who didn't get hits that
permitted the other team to outscore Julie's? It isn't all such a neat
and convenient package to blame the outcome on a single player when her
team didn't put equal pressure on the other team by pounding out hits.

Second, think "Big Picture". Julie Smith was an ASA All-American that
year, one of eleven times she has won that honor.  How soon we forget.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Julie Smith makes 4 errors at Nationals,

Post by interact.. » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

>Second, think "Big Picture". Julie Smith was an ASA All-American that
>year, one of eleven times she has won that honor.  How soon we forget.

Lest we also forget, in that same tournament, Julie Smith field a popup
down the right field line with her back to home plate with the right
fielder nowhere to be found...not even on a good day could Richardson do
that.

Vince

Dot Richardson should retire gracefully TODAY. No questions asked.

 
 
 

Julie Smith makes 4 errors at Nationals,

Post by AxelJe » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

Wow, more Julie-worship and Dot-bashing from our foul-mouthed friend Vince!
Could this get any more predictable?

Quote:
>Lest we also forget, in that same tournament, Julie Smith field a popup
>down the right field line with her back to home plate with the right
>fielder nowhere to be found...not even on a good day could Richardson do
>that.

>Vince

>Dot Richardson should retire gracefully TODAY. No questions asked.

Jeff
(who'd love to see Dot get another Gold-winning hit in the hopes that it'll
keep Vince and his one-note repertoire quiet...)
 
 
 

Julie Smith makes 4 errors at Nationals,

Post by AxelJe » Mon, 15 May 2000 04:00:00

Lest we also forget that Dot Richardson hit a mighty .186 in the
aforementioned Women's Major Nationals, one year after her Gold Medal
"performance" in 96...

Vince


Quote:
>Wow, more Julie-worship and Dot-bashing from our foul-mouthed friend Vince!
>Could this get any more predictable?

>>Lest we also forget, in that same tournament, Julie Smith field a popup
>>down the right field line with her back to home plate with the right
>>fielder nowhere to be found...not even on a good day could Richardson do
>>that.

>>Vince

>>Dot Richardson should retire gracefully TODAY. No questions asked.

>Jeff
>(who'd love to see Dot get another Gold-winning hit in the hopes that it'll
>keep Vince and his one-note repertoire quiet...)

 
 
 

Julie Smith makes 4 errors at Nationals,

Post by Rex Rode » Mon, 15 May 2000 04:00:00

The only error I see is the dufus that posted this thread originally...
--
Rex-Hot Styx 18u
http://www.hotstyx.org

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.